Not seeing database window after upgrading.

I've just upgraded a Access 2000 version to Access 2003.  In the 2000 version I could see the database window but no longer in 2003.  How do I get the Database to appear in 2003.  Also, I actually have two machines running Access 2003.  One machine opens with database window and the second one doesn't.  I tried the f11 key but that doesn't do anything.

Thanks

Don

MS Office Publisher Help window appears after every print job
I've just started using Publisher 2003 and am doing fine with most of it. However, one thing is driving me crazy... every time I send a job to a printer, whether it's an actual printer like my HP Laserjet 4MV or a virtual printer like the Acrobat PDF 7, after the job spools out, the MS Office Pint Help window appears, on a page that says "Troubleshoot printing publications on a desktop printer." I didn't clikc on help. I don't need help, because the jobs print fine... why does this window keep appearing, and more importantly, how do I make it stop appearing sh...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Problems with IE8 and Javascript (Windows 7)
I have Windows 7 (64) and IE 8, and I have the following problems which I do not have with my other laptop (Vista 32 and IE 8). problem #1: a javascript pop-up will show up as a blank screen and will display "about:blank" at the top. problem #2: on certain sites, the pop-up window will display the login screen, and I have to re-login and navigate again to the site which I wanted to see in the pop-up window. Any solutions are appreciated. I have checked the "Display all websites in Compatiblity View". thanks, rjp Hi, Are the problems occurring with 32-b...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

windows mail- vista, error with downloading attachments
When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set associations control panel . What do i have to do? Regards, Antonis You have to, "Create an association in the set associations control panel." Go to Start - Default Programs - "Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program&q...

Call it simple,but... multiple users sharing database
Okay, thanks in advance for your patience and quick reply to my urgest question... 5 staff on 5 different computers (customer service related--sales stuff irrelevant features) want to ensure all are working with identical and current customer data via MS CRM... can this be done, can we all share the same database ... using what MS SBS? Can i set up a server - put the database on it and get crm licenses for all users and everyone is smiling? I am currently using ACT6 and it works well that way but is brutal to integrate email etc. etc..... want to switch over to integrated crm/outlook/...

Offline Batches not in SO database, still in SO Offline database
Hi Everyone, Have a problem where I see a few batches that are in the offline database with a status of 8 and they do not show up in the SO database. The cashier is off by the amount in that offline batch. The reason I know this: 1. SELECT * FROM BATCH in the offline database displays the offline batch and the amount matches the amount she is over in tender. 2. There are no journal receipts shown for the time period that the cash register was offline. Any ideas? Or anyone can explain how the offline database process works at the database level? I was thinking if I can reset the ba...

Windows 7 Advisor
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA988F.B1E6F910 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running XP Pro. I ran the Windows 7 Advisor. I normally access my Temporary Internet Files manually and delete = everything. Since running the 7 Advisor, there are 40 to 50 files in my TIF folder = that I can not delete. With Command Prompt, those files do not appear, I've used = the /A, /S switches. Still they don't show up. These files appear to be links to Microsoft...

Mass Item Database Change
What SQL statement would be used to update every item in the database to turn on barcodes = code 128B ? UPDATE Item SET BarcodeFormat = '7' Rob "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1013C7B3-D3B0-48DC-A8E6-1A85E8318D1F@microsoft.com... > What SQL statement would be used to update every item in the database to > turn > on barcodes = code 128B ? Thanks Rob. How do you figure this out? Is there a resource available to me which I could use to answer this question myself? Seems everytime I have a database change need, I don&...

creating xsd schema using database table details!!!!!!
Hi All, I have to create an xsd schema using table details as a input. Here I have table details and now I want to create an xml schema file from it. Please do let me know whether it is possible or not? Thanks in advanced, Deepak Still no reply..... :( -Deepak "deepakbadki" <deepak_badki@persistent.co.in> wrote in message news:udolhVCEGHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have to create an xsd schema using table details as a input. Here I have > table details and now I want to create an xml schema file from it. Please > do let me know wheth...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Autotext in Windows 7
I have attached a template which I brought over from Word 2003 to a Word 2009. 1. I have put Autotext on my QAT but when I have a look at it, it shows all templates, rather than the one I need for insertion and addition. I can't find how to have just my template's entries showing. 2. I don't get a list of entries as in 2003 but boxes with the names of the autotext in them; this makes it slow to scroll down and find what I am looking for. Any way around these problem, please? As far as I know, there is no way to accomplish what you want. :-( -- S...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Windows Easy Transfer

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

One database not backing up
Environment is Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 Server as member server. 3 stores each having 3 databases. I have one database in one of the stores that seems to have a problem resulting in the entire store not getting backed up - causing the log files to be increasing in size rapidly and disk space running out quickly. The problem seems to have occurred two days ago and the only thing that was done was that another database on a different store was setup? I am using NTbackup and this is the error being generated in the log file: Backup started on 3/14/2007 at 10:00 PM. The 'M...

MFC & Windows CE
ANyone doing any development for CE with MFC? I have apps written in MFC that now have to go to a Windows CE platform. I read a littel about a VS.net 2005 featre which has a wizard for MFC/CE? Not sure 'bout that though.. I am using VS2003. I am just beginning the curve regarding implementing CE on our hardware. ] Thanks eng/nappy I didn't think that VS2003 has WinCE support. But I know that VS2005 does. It is actually a great way to go if you are targetting newer wince devices, the ones that can support .net. If you are trying to develop for older models, then take a look at...

Money's database format
I decided to tool around with my old Money files in a binary editor (can't do much else with them). The first thing in the file's header was "MSISAM Database"--this is not news, the newsgroup FAQ states this. Well I noticed that in a similar position in an Access database I had lying around it says "Standard Jet DB", so I replaced "MSISAM Database" with that. I saved it and now Access didn't complain about unknown database type, but it did request a password--which just means they changed a tiny bit of stuff so that it wouldn't read straight int...

Watch the correction patch for Windows
--kddxfajxb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ijcvatvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --ijcvatvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nnyddsevzhmtvh" --nnyddsevzhmtvh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your ...

Linking Databases
I am having a problem with Excel in XP. I am pulling numbers & characters into a template and if there is no character excel is automatically making it a zero. How do I fix this. Thanks. Instead of a simple cell reference, e.g.: =Sheet2!B1 wrap the reference with an IF formula: =IF(Sheet2!B1="","",Sheet2!B1) Stipe wrote: > I am having a problem with Excel in XP. I am pulling > numbers & characters into a template and if there is no > character excel is automatically making it a zero. How > do I fix this. > > Thanks. -- Debra D...

Windows Installer
Hello, For the first-time, I am trying to build an installation program using VS. In the past, I always used Installshield. The problem I am having , is the application icons are displayed correctly on the desktop and on the program menu. Howevet, when the icons are clicked the application does not start, but displays the content of the Application folder. How do I get the icons to start the application, and not display the content of the Application folder? TIA, -jc Hello, I stumbled across the answer to my question. First, you create a shortcut using the exe file, (t...

exchange database size
hi just wondering why our Exhcnage database size is at 11gig however our usage and performance report on SBS indicates 14.7 gig which one do we beleive. is there a live cache someplace On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:36:01 -0700, Andy Wolsten <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi > >just wondering why our Exhcnage database size is at 11gig however our usage >and performance report on SBS indicates 14.7 gig > >which one do we beleive. is there a live cache someplace The actual database is going to be the right one. Did you combine the EDB and STM or are you ju...