multi-databases Access 2.0 to 97 conversion

Hi,

I have to convert ~100 access2.0 databases to access97
these databases contain only tables (no queries, no reports)

somebody would have a solution, code example, to automate this process ?

i try using the command line, but i don't know how to manage errors.

Thanks for your help.

TwoD
0
TwoD

dim dbe as dao.dbEngine

if dir(sNewDBFullPath) <> "" then kill sNewDBFullPath
dbe.CompactDatabase sOldDBFullPath, sNewDBFullPath, dao.dbLangGeneral,
dao.dbVersion30
if dir(sNewDBFullPath) <> "" then
    kill sOldDBFullPath
    FileCopy sNewDBFullPath, sOldDBFullPath
endif

This affects only the version of the data format of newdb and doesn't affect
the version of any Microsoft Access-defined objects, such as forms and
reports. You will no longer be able to open the files in Access 2.0.  You
will still see the Access 'conversion' dialog the first time you open the
files in Access 97, even if there are no Access objects to convert.

Access 95 (Jet 3.0) and Access 97 (Jet 3.5) both used the Version30 file
format.

(david)

"TwoD" <user@host.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have to convert ~100 access2.0 databases to access97
> these databases contain only tables (no queries, no reports)
>
> somebody would have a solution, code example, to automate this process ?
>
> i try using the command line, but i don't know how to manage errors.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> TwoD

0
david

Outllook 20003 Trouble to access mail
Ok I'm using Windows XP under Toto account using Outllook 2003 to access Toto Exchange mail gives me no problem using Outllook 2003 to access Goupl Exchange mail gives me huge problem with no access and this: "Cannot start microsoft office outlook. Unable to open The outlook windows. The set of folders coudl not be opened. You don't have appropriate permisssion to perform this operation" But under Goupl Account, i have no trouble accessing Goupl Exchange mail What can i do to access this account ??????????? Hi Stan, Your question is a little confusing Do you have...

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

backing up to a CD-RW #2
When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do not have administartor's privlidges to do so. I have Windows XP, and I am the administrator and only active account. I have double-checked and I am listed as the computer's administrator. Is this a "Money" administrator, or computer administrator? m> When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do m> not have administartor's privlidges to do so. I have Windows m> XP, and I am the administrator and only active account. I m> have double-checked and I am listed as the compute...

Cell Format #2
I need to format a column of cells to contain a duration of time (ie. the length of a song such as 4:39) so I can total the column and get an Hours, Minutes and Seconds result but the only format I can find will display this a 4:39 AM. Can anyone help? Thanks Hi 4:39 AM is 4 hours 39 minutes. Which is 60 times what you want (unless your songs are hours long that is :-). Select the cells, go menu Format > Cells, select Custom and enter [m]:ss in the text field. Note that you still have to enter time like h:m:s ; 0:4:39 , or you'll end up with 4 hours 39 minutes. HTH. Best wishes Ha...

Logging all in and outgoing mail #2
Hi all, Is it possible to log all incomming and outgoing mail? If so, c ...

Upgrade Excel 2003 to 2007 = loads of #div/0
There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0 errors in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells have been calculated, solves the problem. When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple subtraction, (three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no divisions. Calculation option is set to Automatic. Can someone explain what's happening? This is not how Excel 2007 behaves. I would seem you have a corrupt w...

SBS2008 Windows Internal Database
We have had an issue with two pieces of software. After one of the companies attempted to work on an issue I found out updates were not being distributed. After some trouble shooting, I found out the Windows Internal Database will not start and the instance had been removed. Part of the problem was SQL related and SQL Instances were removed. I believe the Windows Internal Database had been removed also. How do I reinstall the Windows Internal Database. I have a backup of the data in the Windows SMSMSI directory. Thanks -- Allan Jacks ...

Why can't I place the "Categorize" command on the quick access toolbar?
hi there, I need to place the "Categorize" command onto the quick access toolbar of a message form (IPM.note) because I need to set categories during creation of an email message (I am using rules on outgoing messages). while I am able to add the "Categorize" command on virtually any other form (create/read appointment, create/read task, etc), I do not find the "Categorize" command (CategorizeMenu) to be added when I create an email message. is this possible anyway? this is how it looks like when I try to add Categorize to any type of form (except send em...

Creating a Database with Macros
I have a folder of files each of which are an excel macro form and ar serialized (serial number is the file name as well). I want to tak all of these files and 5-10 cells of information from them and compil them into a database. I think I need to use macros but am unfamilia with how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, d -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Audit on certain tables in a database
Hi, Is it possible to keep track of all the activity on one table in an ACCESS database ( 2000)? I want to generate a log with username, time connected, time logoff, their privilages RWX, activity if possible on that table -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 Access 2010 (due out later this year) will be the first version that can do this for you, as it supports Data Macros on the table. It's not possible to do this automatically in Access 2000. If all entries are performed through forms, you c...

Do I need ADC? #2
to access Exch5.5 mailboxes in Windows 2003 AD (interim mode) + NT4 BDC environment? You don't need the ADC just for users to access the mailbox, but I recommend you look at configuring it so that it synchronizes the Exchange 5.5 mailbox attributes with the user accounts in Active Directory. Run the Wizards under ADC Tools first to make sure that you have one mailbox per one user account. When you get ready to install E2K3, you can install it in to the existing 5.5 organization and easily move the mailboxes over to E2K3. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com...

Q: simple Access to Word mail merge
I'm using Access 2003 to mail merge to a Word 2003 doc. Below is the code that I modified from the microsoft website. ========================= Dim strWordDocName As String Dim objWord As Word.Document Dim strTableName As String strTableName = "MAILMERGESUBSET" strWordDocName = "S:\PATH\MailMerge.doc" Set objWord = GetObject(strWordDocName, "Word.Document") objWord.Application.Visible = True objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ Name:=CurrentProject.FullName, _ linktosource:=True, _ Connection:="QUERY MAILMERGESUBSET", _ ReadOnly:=Tr...

Custom role on Business Portal 3.0
I have created a custom page on the Portal that is assigned to the Customer role. Works great. We are opening up the Portal to more external users and they are also going to be assigned to the Customer role. How can I get that custom page to NOT show in the bar at the top of the screen for these new users? Is there some other security I can use or create a custom role for just these users? Business Portal 3 on GP 9. Thanks in advance. -Joe Joseph, I'm a little confused by your question. If I understand correctly, you have a page that is assigned to the Customer ...

Zoom #2
Hi, The zoom function on Excel has went wonky. It will only let me select from the pre-set list (i.e. 50%, 75%, 100%, 200% etc). I like my zoom to be @ 85%. Why can't I select this??? Many Thanks, Stuart Hi Stuart what happens when you type 85 in the box & press enter? cheers julieD "Stuart Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d51401c469b3$9d852e30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > The zoom function on Excel has went wonky. It will only > let me select from the pre-set list (i.e. 50%, 75%, 100%, > 200% etc). > &g...

Training database
Is there any way to put this into plain english I am much better at visual instruction, I to am trying to build a training data base that can generate reports of who has been trained and be able to assign certain training modules to certain job functions. Here is what I want. 1. A list of employees, what location they work at, what they have been trained on, what they still need to be trained on, who trained them, when they were trained, and when they are due to be retrained. It would be nice to be able to have several employees enrolled in every class. I have tables set up as follows ...

What is wrong : database field use as variable in VBA ???
I have a report with image control named IMAGE5 in which I wanna to display a picture . Path to the picture is stored in table IMAGE column PATH. The code based on details format event is : Option Compare Database Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) Me.Image5.Picture = Me![PATH] End Sub but it generates a run-time error - because of null values in Me! [PATH] . I have set Report Record Source=IMAGE ( table with column PATH that stores paths to the image on disc ) How can be [PATH] empty ? What is wrong ! Thanx, Sasa ...

The operating system version 5.2 is not supported by the installed product
When trying to upgrade the Exchange email router from 1.2 to 3.0, it fails at the verification tasks screen with the message, "The operating system version 5.2 is not supported by the installed product". What gives? Exchange servers ==================== two node cluster, active/passive Win2003 Enterprise (no SP). Exchange is version 2003 SP2. CRM App Servers =================== Two NLB-clustered servers Win2003 STD SP1 Domain Controllers =================== Win2003 STD (no SP) When I try to install the email router on the other Exchange node, I get the same error. In our La...

Format a worksheet to carry out all calculations to 2 decimal plac
Hi, Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)? The problem I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations up or down while the acounts package does. I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate to 2 decimal places. Thanks, Phill. See one answer at your other post. In arti...

Exchange 2000/SAV/Download.Trojan Problem #2
On 9-17-2004 Sam posted ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I have Exchange 2000 server running on Windows 2000. I also have Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (server edition) running on the server. Lately, I've been getting information message from SAV that Download.Trojan was found on the Temp directory. In the "Action Taken" line it says: "Clean failed : Delete succeeded : Access denied". After that, Exchange server stop sending and receiving emails. I have to reboot the server, or restart exchange services to make it work again. I searched the web and follo...

Query Database Properties
I am hoping this is a relatively easy one... I need to create a document that includes several key items from a specific SQL Instance: * Server Name * Database Name * Owner * Date Created * Size * Table Name * Schema * Data Space * Row Count I can see this information in the properties, but want to know how to write a query to produce a table with the information I need, but I don't even know what database/table to query... I greatly appreciate any assistance! Regards, Ray RayportingMonkey (RayportingMonkey@discussions.microsof...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

accessing an Outlook .pst file from multiple computers simultaneoulsy...
A client of mine has Outlook 2002 installed on their XP machine. They have now added a second machine to the environment (a small store with now two POS systems). They want to know if they can access their email from either computer simultaneously. ie... outlook may be open on one machine but if a sales agent is busy on that machine, they would like to be able to go to the other computer to access/send etc.. email. Is this possible with the .pst file setup at all? If not, what are the options besides closing one down before acccessing it on another machine? Thanks, Brad Not possib...

XmlSchema.Read not creating the SOM #2
I'm using the following code to create an XmlSchema from an XSD file The Read() method doesn't throw any errors and after I write the schem to a file, it looks as expected. However, after the Read() method is called, m_Schema still contains n items. What am I doing wrong? My .xsd file validates fine in XMLSpy, but it i quite complex, so maybe .Net can't handle it? // Code follows System.Xml.XmlTextReader m_XMLReader = ne System.Xml.XmlTextReader(m_SchemaLocation); System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema m_Schema System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema.Read(m_XMLReader, null); System.Xml.XmlTextWrit...

How to debug 'Access Violation' errors
Hi, I created a MFC DLL that calls a COM DLL and passes bstr strings to that DLL. At some point I get an 'Access Violation' with regards to sending the string over and I can't figure out why! I used the Windows Debugging tools to ascertain that the error occurrs in the CMapWordToPtr class, but I don't know where the problem happens. How would I go about effectivly finding the cause of this problem? Thanks! In VC environment, F5(Go), and Trace one line by one line.. by steping.. :) "Jaime Rios" <JaimeRios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C...

2000-2003 to Access 2007 Switchboard
I upgraded from Access 2000-2003 to Access 2007 and now my switchboard seems to have lost a link to the table of switchboard items. Any idea how I can fix this? I'm working on Front End database. Also, I have a second database that I can only see tables. Same upgrade. Also, an FE. -- FL "FL" <FL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E282C261-387B-4B7B-A292-E7E9AC9A2E57@microsoft.com... >I upgraded from Access 2000-2003 to Access 2007 and now my switchboard >seems > to have lost a link to the table of switchboard items. Any ide...