more info for read only attribute

I currently run access 97 on a windows 98 OS.  I am
wanting to convert to access 2000 on a windows xp OS.  I
made a copy of my 97 mdb file.  When I try to open on the
windows xp machine using access 2000, that's when I get
the message that the disc is a "read-only" and I can't
seem to get that to change.  please help.

thank you very much.
0
Wendy

In article <027101c3cfdc$c6253db0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "Wendy"
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:

>I currently run access 97 on a windows 98 OS.  I am
>wanting to convert to access 2000 on a windows xp OS.  I
>made a copy of my 97 mdb file.  When I try to open on the
>windows xp machine using access 2000, that's when I get
>the message that the disc is a "read-only" and I can't
>seem to get that to change.  please help.
>
>thank you very much.

Wendy

It sounds like you have copied the database onto a CDROM. This then causes the
database to become read-only.

When you copy it from the CDROM onto the XP machine's hard drive, find it using
Windows Explorer, and right-click to select the file's properties. Remove the
tick from 'Read Only'.

--

Jon

www.applecore99.com - Access Tips and Tricks

0
jsand42737
12/31/2003 9:05:22 PM
Thank you Jon....that worked.  You are a life saver and I
have also bookmarked  www.applecore99.com...looks like
there is a lot of good info there.  Thanks again,
Wendy

0
Wendy

Stock Split info-where is the info
I am in the wonderful process of starting my tax filing. If I have a stock buy entry for 100 shares of XYZ company at $20, the amount is $2000.GOOD. Now,if I record a 2-1 split, it will show 200 shares, at $10s, amount $2000. My questions is this, #1. how can I see what the stock split info was ? It seems there is no way to see it was a 2-1 ( this scenario is easy..but what if the stock splits 10 times over 10 years). I want to know, because I am getting lost over checking my 1099 against MSmoney. Any help would be good, thanks. The only way I have found to see this is to go into Updat...

Exe cannot read bufferedstream from http port
Launch an exe from Servlet based on mime-type. Hi, I launch a windows based program to handle a custom-defined mime type. Eg: my mime-type = .opti. When a servlet posts a buffered stream along with correctly set header response.SetHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" + "Example.opti" ); .... I am able to launch "myprog.exe". (I have already made this association with OS) I can get the filepath where the buffered stream is supposed to be stored by GetCommandLine(), but when I try to read this file, it returns null ptr. This (Examp...

File is read only or encrypted
All of a sudden I have started having some problems when trypoing to open a spreadsheet located on the desktop. The last time the file(s) were open, there was a hesitation when closing them, and on the next attempt I receive the message that "Excel cannon open XXXXXXXX.xls -File may be read only or encrypted. I cannot move the file, open the file, edit the file or anything else. If I log in in Safe mode and go to the command prompt I can then delete it, but can't open it. Has anybody else experienced this and if so what is causing it and how do I fix it. Vista OS? Add &q...

info
clik here for money http://kriskraft.site.voila.fr/ and GO for cash !!! see you soon chris ...

Outlook erases email after reading
Outlook has begun erasing my email. I receive an email, I can open it and read it, but when I close the window it disappears and is nowhere to be found! Yes - I have set it so that it keeps a copy on the server. HELP! Check your view. You're probably set to unread messages. View, Current View or View Arrange By, Current View in Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

Compare 1 cell to column of cells returning adjacent cells info?
I want to compare the value in one cell to another column of cells in another work sheet and once the matching value is found I wan to return a different cells value that is on the same line as the matching cell. Example Sheet 1 value is 34 in B6, so I want it to search Sheet 3 colum J for the value 34 which is found on row 351. When a match is found the value returned needs to be from colum O so this would be O351. Does anybody know how to setup this function? You are describing the VLOOKUP() function =VLOOKUP(B6,'Sheet 3'!$J$1:$0$500,6,0) "Mr. Fine"...

move read email based on date and sender
Hopefully someone here can help....I would like to move items from my inbox based on a specific situation. I have the code below for part of it but I need to add more code to complete it. I am using Outlook 2007 and the code will run from a Module when initiated by the User. I would like to move items if meets ALL three conditions: (1) comes from the Sendername coded below - AND - (2) the email has been READ - AND - (3) and the sent date is 14 days old or older Can anyone help me understand how to modify the code below to accomplish this ? Sub MoveItems_I...

Problems with retrieving info from my bank
I am hoping somebody might have some suggestions. I just replaced my previous computer and needed to reload MS Money onto my new one. Below is my predicament. Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415 Windows Vista Home Premium 64 I am trying to download statements from my Financial Institution (City County Credit Union). When asked if I want to download the file, I clicked on the download OFX as I have done for many years. I click "open" and it starts a program called Microsoft Office Accounting 2008. This is a brand new Computer and Office Ultimate 2007 has been inst...

Payroll Report Info in 7.5
Our current 'Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings' report prints Available Sick Time on the report: 1. Which table and field is used for this data? 2. What is the best way to set all available sick time to zero for all employees and never accrue? Thanks UPR00100 is the table. You'll see fields for vacation and sick time available. The answer to resetting the balances depend upon if you are using HR Attendance to accrue or Payroll. If you're using Payroll, you can use a tool like SQL Server Query Analyzer to update the Sick Time Available field. If you're using At...

Portfolio Info Bar
The narrow info bar at the bottom of the portfolio screen has 3 places for such info as currect DJ Industrials index, S&P index, etc. Information on any of the indexes reported here is not correct and does not update itself to current - correct - information. All of the index info is stuck on a level of more than 1/2 year ago - maybe longer. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I am using Money 2004 small business. ...

Info
Ho aperto il mio nuovo sito � in fase di costruzione ditemi se vi piace.... www.royaldj.tk Tanti Saluti Dj Royal ...

Duplicate Calendar Info
Greetings- OL2002sp1 on XP Pro; Connecting to Exchange 200PostSP3. Duplicate Info when user PRINTS. User on laptop has several appointments for, let's say, today. User adds info to appointment description for a 1 O'clock appointment. User has several more appointments for the day. The info user has added for the 1 O'clock appointment can now be seen (when print preview and printing) in the subsequent appointments for the day. Info does not appear when accessing other appointments directly. Example of printed page: 12:00-1:00 Go to Lunch Meet John at the Cafe Eat lots of ...

novice needs info
I am trying to construct player cards for a baseball game...what i need to be able to do is to type constants like at bats, hits, etc. from one sheet and have them appear at different locations on the second sheet(the actual card)...some information such as average or era...needs to be affected by a formula before appearing on the second sheet....also need to know how to draw lines...vertical and horizontal in the second sheet...help..i am a dummy when it comes to this...thanks... -- mac53 Can you post a example of what sort of data in sheet 1 . Any thoughts on layout ?? -- VBA Noo...

Need to revamp a read-only file
HELP, Am doing a memory book for the team and the mom who did it is out of town and gave me a read only copy, I need to revise the stats and can't save them, how can I convert a read only to a regular file I can work on?? This goes to print today.....HELP! -- Tennis Mom thanks you! Can you SaveAs the file and rename it to a slightly different name? "Tennismom" <Tennismom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10DAAB2E-B2AD-4E65-8F64-DD0B350DA05D@microsoft.com... > HELP, Am doing a memory book for the team and the mom who did it is out of > town and g...

Xml Seralization Ignore attribute
Hey I have having a problem Deserializing a dataset. When I try to deserialize it (See below for my test code) I get the following exception {"Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: \"NextSyncPhase\" Key being added: \"NextSyncPhase\"" } But if I remove either msdata:NextSyncPhase="Hello" or msprop:NextSyncPhase="Hello" (see below) it works fine! Can anyone explain why XmlIgnore doesn't impact anything and why this is happening and how to fix it Thanks P.S. I also tried the following to no affect. XmlAttributeOverrides xOver...

How do I group record w/same info but different number in a row
How do I group a record with same info but different number in a row. Example below: ID, lname, fname, dob, fallqty, ID, lname, fname, dob, springqty How do I write the code to put the column "springqty" on the same line with the "fallqty" and group the rest of the info since they are all the same(ID, lname, fname, dob)? ...

How fake is a header info these days ?
I received an e-mail from an unknown sender and he claimed that "one of my users is sending spam to him". I am wondering if that claim by itself would be a hoax... He sent me the header information below (in fact 166.77.11.1 is one of my IP addresses). I would like to know if I by examining the information I can have a legimitate ground to point finger somebody or it may well be just a spoofed/faked information ? Thanks, Marlon --- Below this line is a copy of the message. Return-Path: <asbydthps@gmx.net> Received: from 66-108-188-64.nyc.rr.com ([66.108.188.64]) by ma...

Hi ..I posted some more info .....
Hi I posted some more info for the conditional formating question. Any chance someone could look at it and help me out? Thanks.. Hi Andrew check your other post. Cheers JulieD "ANDREW_B" <ANDREWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D449C20E-12F1-4609-B441-B0EDBD9F1B6D@microsoft.com... > Hi I posted some more info for the conditional formating question. Any > chance > someone could look at it and help me out? > > Thanks.. ...

Have the info about Convergence appear in Events on Customersource
Why is it that when I log into Customersource and then click on the link for News and Events, the only thing that shows up is the Manufacturing Summit from Last year. Shouldn't you have something about Convergence coming up. I had to find out from another partner rather than see it on the web. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Rule info
TIA! Just migrated to outlook 2003 from 2000 (on a WinXP Pro machine). Is there a reference anywhere that explains what the various rule statements mean, or how to change the default boolean when linking the rule statements? I would love to make use of the new rules but am having difficulty interpreting their meaning. For instance, now there is a rule "sender is in 'specified' address book and on this machine only". The rule does not make sense if the address book is a subset of the GAL (All Users) which is not 'on this machine only'. Also, the rule I need shoul...

NK2.info .07 update released
Incase any of you are interested, thought I'd post. The new version .07 is much better than before. At least it appears to be. http://www.nk2.info Loads nk2 files about 100x faster than the old one!!! Yay! ...

Deserializing primitive element with attribute
I think this XML response sucks, but it's being sent to us from a third-party, so I can't do anything about it except work with it. I am receiving the following return code elements inside a response: <Response> <RC1 message="SUCCESS">0</RC1> <RC2 message="Blah blah blah">1</RC2> </Response> Now, if I make RC1 and RC2 "int" members of a Response class, it parses the 0 and 1 correctly, but misses the "SUCCESS" and "Blah blah blah". If i create a class called RC that has an [XmlAttribute] named &...

Updating Info
This probably sounds fairly simple, but I can't get all aspects of this to work. I have 4 text boxes. 1. Part Cost - in Dollars 2. Part Quantitiy - Number 3. Total Part Cost - in Dollars, needs to equal Part Cost * Part Quantity 4. Total of all parts cost, Total of all Part dollars on form Number 1,2 and 3 are tied to a table the user is entering this data into the text box as additions to the table. Number 4 has a formula for the data control source. The problem I am having is updating number 3 and 4 whenever number 1 and 2 are changed. I have come up with different ideas in my Vis...

work info
Timothy j Salazar 4002 west Missouri Artesia nm 88210 I IM A VERY HARD WORK AND VERY DEPENDABLE PERSON AND GET ALONG WELL WITH OTHERS WEL. AND BEN IN OILFILD MOST OF MY WORK HISTORY.. EDUCATION-I GRADUATED FROM HOBBS HIGH IN 5-05 AND GOT SOME COLLEAG IN Roswell nm emnur 07-09 Arc, Welding migg ,welds some pipe ,cuts angle iron, arc weld vocational Projects lots of oilfield work on tanks, wrack, b.o.p cuts ,weld frames like Riggs ,truck beds and so on if it need to be welded I can do it ... 04-10-06 BULLDOG MUD -LOAD AND UNLOAD CHEMICALS USED FOR DRILLING RIGS ...

Read from webpage ?
Is there a way i can read xml from a webpage. The situation is that i have to type in an Url with some parameters (a login), when the page returns, it returns an ID that i have to use through the session, the ID is retuned in XML format, and this is what i need to read. The Xml page looks like this : ________________________ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <logon> <user_id>440842875</user_id> </logon> ________________________ XmlDocument.Load supports loading document from a given URL. Then you could extract that ID an...