Looking for Acces to .NET Tips

Are there any white
papers/guidelines/tips/hints/suggestions about how to
migrate/convert an existing Access 2000/2002 front end
(with many fairly complex screens/reports) to a web
application using .NET framework?

Can't seem to locate any such material.  Can someone
please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
John
0
John

Hi, Joe

You could down load a program .NET code generator using ACCESS(OLE4.0) on
download section of www.exmlsoft.com
turn your computer to local host to test this program with IE ...

"Joe Fallon" <jfallon1@nospamtwcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:<#bdTlmYUDHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> I have not seen anything like that at all.
>
> I just finished converting a medium sized Access app to Windows Froms using
> VB.Net.
> The learning curve was steeper than I anticipated.
>
> Web Forms work similarly but have their own issues.
> --
> Joe Fallon
> Access MVP
>

> "John H." <hertzhot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are there any white
> > papers/guidelines/tips/hints/suggestions about how to
> > migrate/convert an existing Access 2000/2002 front end
> > (with many fairly complex screens/reports) to a web
> > application using .NET framework?
> >
> > Can't seem to locate any such material.  Can someone
> > please point me in the right direction?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
0
pchq45

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Exporting to Excel 2007 format from asp.net application
Hi All, I am trying to change my excel export format from .xls to .xlsx but till now I dont have any luck for this. I also tried changing content type and extension to .xlsx with no luck. Also when opening with .xls in Excel 2007 it gives me format error. I am sending plain HTML with content type changed to achive this. I want this functionality to be migrated to .xlsx format with minor changes in code. Please help me out on this. -Sameer ...

Excel - Array Formulas - Freeze
Hi all I have a big problem. It takes about 30 minutes to save my excel fil because I have many array formula: about 32 000! So do you have a ti to accelerate the computing process? Is a VBA function would do i faster? Here is an example of what I use: Col A contain unique numbers Sheet 1: Col A Col B Col C Row1 001 123 9i9 Row2 005 456 8u8 Row3 003 406 8ur etc... to +8000 In sheet 2, I have to check if the data exist in sheet 1. Col D contai Yes (data is in the sheet1) or No... Examples: Col D check if the data in Col B is the same in sheet 1 Col...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

Record a Macro in VB.NET 2008 Express?
Is there a way to record a Macro in VB.NET 2008 Express? I read about this in one of my books about Visual Studio. I didn't see any evidence of this kind of feature in VB.NET 2008 Express though. Thanks! Ryan-- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. On 12/17/2009 9:30 AM, ryguy7272 wrote: > Is there a way to record a Macro in VB.NET 2008 Express? I read about this > in one of my books about Visual Studio. I didn't see any evidence of this > kind of feature in VB.NET 2008 Express though. >...

MFC Shim and .NET
Can anyone point me to some information and examples of using the MFC Shim with .NET. I've heard about it but can't find any good information or examples. I have a project that has existing software that is being ported from a C++ UI to a .NET UI; however, users of the old system want some of the same UI enhancements right away. This is why we are developing some very complex .NET Presentation and Business classes that I need to "shim" into the old C++ application using MFC and COM. I have already gotten a "Strategy Factory" working in C++ that allows the old...

Reading XML file with VB.NET
Hi all, I am having trouble reading an XML document in and looping through it's nodes in VB.NET. The error is specific, it is: "There is no Unicode byte order mark. Cannot switch to Unicode." The file that I am trying to read begins with: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> I believe the encoding tag is restricting my efforts. This same file was generated by using the XSL.Transform class but I did not instruct it to give it this encoding. What do I have to do to get this working? Thanks, Jesse "Jessard" <Jessard@discussions....

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...

look up who is connected
hello i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a lot of dirs. can powershell do the job and how? not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this for you. regards Ramazan "ryan" <ryanlihk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eKobVuVrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello > > i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a > lot of dirs. > > can powershell do the job and how? thanks On 2/15/2010 2:21 AM, RCan wrote: > not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this...

Payroll
I made a simple sheet to calculate net pay from gross. D1 is dollar amount of gross income. (manually entered) D4 thru D9 are the dollar amount of deductions, (calculated figures that are the result of numbers in A4 thru A9 multiplied by D1, the gross pay) D10 is total deductions (sum of D4 thru D9) D11 is the net pay (D1 minus D10) What I want to do now is make a second calculator that goes backwards - one where I can enter a NET pay and calculate what the gross was, but math was never my best subject so I'm not sure where to start. I'd like to be able to just copy what i h...

Look at this package from M$
--ivtelxoethnivzpa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="owjfpbnibkp"; type="multipart/alternative" --owjfpbnibkp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rubabijkdwz" --rubabijkdwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vuln...

Look at these security update
--wpxhtpbmrmsmmz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gpfmogvvgagrxl"; type="multipart/alternative" --gpfmogvvgagrxl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uxubtxafyzmt" --uxubtxafyzmt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

CRM 4.0 Out Look Client
Hi All, I have a problem in CRM Outlook Client. After i do install Out Client and configure it to allow send and recieve emails through CRM, it is working fine. But due to some reasons the menu called "CRM" is disappearing from outlook Tool bar and it stops sending emails throgh CRM. It may happen after few days of working well. Could any body help me to find the reason for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

<><><><><><><>The Net's #1 Joke e-Book!<><><><><><><><>
That's Comedy - Over 460 Pages of Little Snickers, Medium-Sized Chuckles, and Great Big Belly Laughs: http://www.ExpertHumor.com/That'sComedy.htm *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

VS.NET creating XSD from XML doc
Hi: I usually add the available enumerated values for an attribute into the XSD manually. Does VS.NET have the capability to fill up the enumerated values list based on the original XML document, when I right click and click on "Create Schema"? Thanks, Do ...

Oh look...the forum is not working again. NOT SURPRISES!!!!!
-- Cheers, Ryan Never stops working for me, but than I have the sense to use the UseNet groups, not a web forum. Bob "Ryan H" <RyanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C709FADE-2DA0-4323-AAB3-3D3124831FDE@microsoft.com... > > -- > Cheers, > Ryan ...

Have a look at this website.
Have a look at this website. http://www.wealthtoolbox.com/?ref=cikubiru@gmail.com ...

Looking for PO Generator
I have a client that is looking for an advanced PO Generator. They generally need a Sales Order with multiple sales lines to generate PO per line instead of combined. Any Add On's that have that ability? Jim Hi Jim, I think Microsoft has its own module called 'PO Generator' that they are selling. Not sure if it does what you're looking for, but might be worth a look. There is a chapter in the Manufacturing Planning manual. I think it is part of the Manufacturing module of GP. Hope this helps Have a great day, Beat +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ B. Bucher Dynamics...

.NET and XMLSchemaSet
Hello, Using .NET 2.0 and the System.XML.Schema.XMLSchema class. I am adding some schemas into the XMLSchemaSet object using XmlSchemaSet.Add. The schemas I am adding have circular imports, and therefore I have implimented a custom XMLResolver class to help filter out duplicate schemas. Now my questions: 1. If a schema I add has other schema imports they are sent to the ResolveUri Override function. If any of these schemas already exist I return Nothing (vb.net) otherwise I return the MyBase.ResolveUri. A Schema Warning is raised noting that the 'schemalocation' is undefined. Thi...

Combobox looking for data in a table and write to another
I have two comboboxes on my forms. One is Gender that has values stored in the Row Souce. This one works fine. I can scroll through record and select a value (male of female), then it will be saved into the Employee table. I can also scroll through records and it will display whatever saved value in the table on the same combobox. On my Order form, I have an Employee combobox which will find value from Employee table. My question is how I can save the selected value into the Order table? Thanks to any response, Guangdew -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...