Importing Access 97 table into Access 2000

I'm trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 using the create an
empty 2000 database and import from the 97 database.

I have a copy of the 97 database on my machine and no one else has access to
my machine much less the database.

When I try to import the table from the Access 97 database, it runs for a
while and then dies with:

The Microsoft Jet database stopped the process because you and another user
are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

I told Access to import the table definitions, the data, and the
relationships.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks,

Bob

Remove 'not' to send me email, but I'd prefer a post to the newsgroup.
0
Bob

Usage (scope) of ALTER TABLE in sproc
hi @ll, I have a question about the usage of ALTER TABLE in a stored procedure (SQL Server 2005): First concurrent query, started first, should be later encapsulated in a stored procedure: BEGIN TRANSACTION [Test] ; ALTER TABLE [myTable] NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; -- Function from BOL, WAITFOR DELAY wrapper. EXEC TimeDelay_hh_mm_ss '00:00:10'; ALTER TABLE [myTable] CHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; COMMIT TRANSACTION [Test] ; Second concurrent query: INSERT INTO [myTable] ( [Id], [Abbreviation], [Name] ...

Remote VPN access to Exchange
We have a user who is remotely connecting to our network via VPN through a Cisco PIX firewall. She can access network resources no problem, but when she tries to configure Outlook using our Exchange server, it keeps asking for authentication. Using her windows account information does not work. How do we get past this? Thanks. Is she actually authenicating in the domain or is she using cached credentials? It seems unusual that authentication would work for network resources for not for Exchange. What type of network resources is she asking and is she actually logging onto the domain...

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

OWA Access denied to domain users Exchange 2000
Hi I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try user A@abc.com and it works. Then I try user B@abc.com and it denies access. I am at a loss to understand why some users in the domain can log in to OWA and some users can't. I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks & Regards Any help? soup_or_power@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi > I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for > the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try > user A@abc...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

2000: All SMTP Mail Going Via Exchange Instead
I have been successfully using Outlook 2000 to send via multiple accounts, including the in-house Exchange server and multiple outside SMTP servers, for years, via the Services option. Yesterday, suddenly, this no longer works. Now, if I'm logged into the Exchange server and have my incoming mail directed to my Exchange Inbox as usual, all outgoing SMTP mail is sent via the Exchange server no matter which SMTP service I have at the top of the Services --> Delivery tab. If I'm not logged into the Exchange server, or I have mail going into a different mailbox, the SMTP servers work...

Make table field descriptions appear in status bar
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? Thanks much in advance. XP wrote: >Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > >When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field >will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. > >For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? The only reason the field descripti...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

using clearcase with access
Hello there Can i use clear case with microsoft access like source safe? ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Create pivot table from 2 worksheets
How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets? -- MichaelKoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MichaelKoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480774 You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want. There's more information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html MichaelKoh wrote: > How do I create 1 pivot ...

importing email

Pivot Table from data table (not data LIST)
What are some good ways to create pivot tables when your source data is in a table format, not a list format? For example, how would you create a pivot table from a calendar, which only has days' names at the top of the table, and has numerical dates in each cell (ie a Regular calendar :) The standard way would be to create a list of numerical dates, then add a column and type in "Monday" for each date that is a Monday, "Tuesday" for each Tuesday, etc. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As far as I know, the PT requires the data to be in a form com...

Table security
I have an Access 2003 database. On a form a user can select values by means of a combobox. If the user enters a value that is not present in the underlying table, the 'on not in list' event asks the user if he/ she would like to add the new entry to the table. If the user answers yes, a password form will be displayed asking the user for a password. If the password is correct, the new entry will be added to the table. However, the user could also bypass this by simply select the table and add the new entry manually. How do I prevent the user from doing that? Is there a way to f...

import pdf table

Migrate Access to CRM Custom entity
Hello... everyone Got any software that can direct allow migrate access data to CRM custom entity.. Hello, If you are interested we can offer a custom solution to migrate access data to CRM. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick Manager - Mid Maket Solutions manick.m@hotmail.com "pass parameter top record error" wrote: > Hello... everyone > Got any software that can direct allow migrate access data to CRM custom > entity.. Try scribesoft.com or c360.com Both have good data migration solutions "manick" wrote: > Hello, > > If you are intereste...