Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted

We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access
2000- not without a lot of issues.  Most of them have now
been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc.
We have one issue that we cannot resolve.

We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several
Access Databases.  These were essentially "shortcuts" to
the databases so that the general population could have
easy access.  Now that we did our Access conversion, the
hyperlinks on our intranet do not work.  Clicking on the
link gives an option to open the file from its current
location or download it to a local location.
Choosing "Open from current location" gives the user a
download box and then nothing.

Anyone have any ideas on this?  We have determined it must
have to do with the conversion of the database as nothing
else has changed!

Thanks!
0
lisa

You may need to upgrade your Office Web Automation. How were these links
attached to the access database? Data Access pages or some other way?

"lisa" <lisa.navarro@cendantmobility.com> wrote in message
> We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access
> 2000- not without a lot of issues.  Most of them have now
> been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc.
> We have one issue that we cannot resolve.
>
> We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several
> Access Databases.  These were essentially "shortcuts" to
> the databases so that the general population could have
> easy access.  Now that we did our Access conversion, the
> hyperlinks on our intranet do not work.  Clicking on the
> link gives an option to open the file from its current
> location or download it to a local location.
> Choosing "Open from current location" gives the user a
> download box and then nothing.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this?  We have determined it must
> have to do with the conversion of the database as nothing
> else has changed!
>
> Thanks!

0
GVaught
1/28/2004 4:52:03 AM
The links were written in standard HTML code.  They did
not use data access pages at all since there was nothing
from the database that was included in the webpage other
than the link itself.

The line of code was something like:
a href="\\01FILPR004\USSRpts\relo\Billable Advance
Report.mdb" target=_blank824>Billable Advance Report</a>

As you can see, they just called the database into a
target frame.  Nothing special. It was essentially a
shortcut to the database from the web page.

Where does the Office Web Automation get updated from?  Is
that part of a service pack?

0
lisa
2/5/2004 2:42:39 PM
possibly:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303650&Product=acc
Intranet Site Is Identified as an Internet Site When You Use an FQDN or IP
Address

(david)

"lisa" <lisa.navarro@cendantmobility.com> wrote in message
> We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access
> 2000- not without a lot of issues.  Most of them have now
> been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc.
> We have one issue that we cannot resolve.
>
> We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several
> Access Databases.  These were essentially "shortcuts" to
> the databases so that the general population could have
> easy access.  Now that we did our Access conversion, the
> hyperlinks on our intranet do not work.  Clicking on the
> link gives an option to open the file from its current
> location or download it to a local location.
> Choosing "Open from current location" gives the user a
> download box and then nothing.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this?  We have determined it must
> have to do with the conversion of the database as nothing
> else has changed!
>
> Thanks!

0
david

Vista doesn't boot and startup repair doesn't work
Hi Vista isn't booting on a friends laptop. I'm trying to fix it but have tried everything I can think of. See below - Startup Repair cannot repair automatically (lists the following details) Problem signature: Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2 Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000 Problem Signature 03: 6 Problem Signature 04: 1310740 Problem Signature 05: 0xf4 Problem Signature 06: 0xf4 Problem Signature 07: 0 Problem Signature 08: 2 Problem Signature 09: WrpRepair Problem Signature 10: 267 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2...

Trying to get my frist work-rule to work
Here is my frist work-rule: whenever an account is created with "SC" as the state it is assigned to the territory "Tom's Territory". [URL=http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=workflow1im1.png][IMG]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1814/workflow1im1.th.png[/IMG][/URL] and this work-rule has been activated [URL=http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=workflow2nq0.png][IMG]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4610/workflow2nq0.th.png[/IMG][/URL] but it doesn't show as active in the monitor [URL=http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=workflow3mt5.png][IMG]http...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Working with Splitter Window
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to have multiple SplitterWindows in one application?! I mean I want to choose between two SplitterWindows and show one at a time (for simplicity I said two, sure I'll have much more than two). Well If I could set SplitterWindow for a View object, I could've hide a view and show the other one but it seems that SplitterWindow can be attached only to MainFrame!! And something funny is that I can't use SplitterWindow for an SDI app that does not use Document/View architecture, even though it has MainFrame?? In this case overriding OnCreateClient...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

left join query is not working
I have created a temp table that store ms project plans in an excel format. Each week, I import the updated plans into the temp table and then I then run an update query that updates my master table with the lastest information in the temp table - the join query The problem is that not all the updates are being included in the master. What options do I have? I would like to update the master with the lastest imported records but it doesnt always happen. Here's the query UPDATE [Temp Table] LEFT JOIN [Master Transfer Table] ON ([Temp Table].ID= [Master Transfer Table].ID) ...

Restoring DB
Hello SQL Monsters I used the backup code below to backup 32GB database and it was a success. However, now I need to restore the database but instead of restoring I am getting the following error message. /* Msg 3159, Level 16, State 1, Line 2 The tail of the log for the database "statDB" has not been backed up. Use BACKUP LOG WITH NORECOVERY to backup the log if it contains work you do not want to lose. Use the WITH REPLACE or WITH STOPAT clause of the RESTORE statement to just overwrite the contents of the log. Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 2 RESTORE DATABASE is...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

combo box not working
Hi there I am trying to use a combo box to filter my data in a form. I only have one table and one form. There are five fields. I have a client and then with in a client I have orders. Both of these are seperate fields. I might two orders which would represent two records. I want the combo box (which is also on my form) to be able to filter down to see just a selected client. I have tried to use the Event procedure for the After_Update using but it doesn't work for me, Please help, Thanks in advance, Andrea What you described sounds more like a spreadsheet than an Access table...

Rules Seem to Stop Working
I use Rules in Outlook 2003 SP2, to move messages into folders depending on sender and address to information. It seems lately that some of the rules fail to do requested task. If the problem lasts more that a couple days I create a new rule to complete the task. Any ideas what may be causing this. Could my file be getting too large. Properties show > 2 GB, but still show this after I deleted 1000's of messages. Thank you If your .pst file is almost 2 gigs and it is the older (ansi) format, = you need to do some serious maintenance right now. Compact your .pst = file after emp...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Business Contact Manager reports won't work
I installed Outlook 2003 with BCM two weeks ago and cannot get the reports to work, if I try to run any of the reports under the "Business Tools" menu option, I get a message box the "The Report Cannot Be Generated. Try again later." Did a full reinstall, clean reboot, new profile...nothing works..has anybody seen this? no, my report generation works fine. Do you have opportunities created? Steve wrote: > I installed Outlook 2003 with BCM two weeks ago and cannot > get the reports to work, if I try to run any of the > reports under the "Business To...

Trial Version not working
I cant do anything in my trial version of Excel is that how its supposed to work? Thanks Why not? What do you try and what happens? Where and how did you get it? How did you install it? etc..Lots of questions *to you*! Please be more specific -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FEDDEA6-A8C2-4257-9B2D-0255F6CDF515@microsoft.com... |I cant do anything in my trial version of Excel is that how its supposed to | work? | | Thanks I downloaded the trial version from the microsoft page. I put...

Problem with login and passwrd when linking to Access DB
I am linking to an Access 2000 database from Excel 2002 (using the External Data functionality). When I update my Access table, I should be able ot click the Refresh icon in Excel and have it update. This used to work fine. Then I did not use it for a few months. I just updated my Access table and in Excel click the Refresh icon, and get a message that the database is not in the correct folder (which it is). If I click OK I can locate the database again (ie go to the same locaion on my hard drive, all fiels are local) and then I get a login dialog, requiring a login and password. The...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

how do i get the collate function to work?
I have not been able to get the collate function to work with this printer; either in Publisher or Word. I'm using a HP color inkjet printer cp1700. Any ideas? Thanks On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 04:03:07 +0000, Dogcatlady wrote (in article <38AA3CB6-8B28-4D30-BE11-AF08337048A9@microsoft.com>): > I have not been able to get the collate function to work with this printer; > either in Publisher or Word. I'm using a HP color inkjet printer cp1700. > Any ideas? > > Thanks > With all due respect, as you cannot get it to work in either Publisher or Word then th...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Outlook email links not working
I have Outlook 2003 and when I click on an email link on a website (someone@somewhere.com) Outlook displays an error message: "Can't create the item." if Outlook is open. If it's closed, it displays the error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Can't create the item." Does anybody know what might cause this and how to fix it? I've tried the Detect and Repair feature in Outlook but, as usual, it didn't help. ...

new ...delete not working
Hi, Check out the following code char* t=new char[1000]; t="sdfsdf"; delete t; at delete t; statement , MSVC 6.0 generates Abort: Unhandled exception Why? Help ! sandSpiderX : Hi, : : Check out the following code : char* t=new char[1000]; On the line above, you point t to a newly allocated buffer : t="sdfsdf"; Now, you point t away from the buffer, to a block of memory somewhere else : delete t; and then try to delete it. : : at delete t; : statement , MSVC 6.0 generates Abort: Unhandled exception : : Why? If you want to write into the block of memory, ...

Sort not working correctly
I created a report for a query. When I sort the desired field most of the records sort correctly, but some records do not. This phenomenon happened both in the query and the report. I was able to solve the query sort problem by highlighting the column in the data set view and right click ascending. The mixed sort continues in the report weather I use Order By On or the Sorting and Grouping dialog box. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? -- Regards, Frank Frank <buckfd@gmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >I created a report for a query. When I sort the desired field most of the ...

Change the formatting of row by select a single cell & Editing should be working #2
Hi All; I require such a sheet code which can help me in Changing the formatting of row (like A1:A25) of selected cell (A4 is Selected) and allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc). Currently I'm Using following code but this does not allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc) and I can not decide the range for working this sheet code. Any kind help is appreciated. Private Sub Search_Click() Sheets("Quick Search").Visible = True ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False Sheets("Quick Search").Select End Sub Private Sub Workshe...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Total working hours problem if it start from 30 at night and ends on the 31 morning
Dear all, i am using this to get the total wroking hours per day TOTAL WORKING HOURS PER DAY: DateDiff("n",[TIME IN],[TIME OUT]+DateDiff ("n",[TIME IN 2],[TIME OUT 2]))/60 It is working perfectly until i have this Employee Name Day Date Time Clock In/OUT Tia Kareem Fri 10/30/2009 5:59pm IN Tia Kareem Sat 10/31/2009 3:27am OUT IF i will use the same expression i will be getting total working hours per day : -14.53 Employee Name Date IN ...