how to pass a password to crystal report 9.0 from vb6.0??!

Is there any way passing a password to crystal report 9.0 from Visual Basic
6.0. so that when loading the report in vb6.0., it can connect to the
database access file and show the report?

Thanks a lot.

0
edmond

No idea.
But I use this in VB.Net to do it:

 Public Sub SetConnectionForReports(ByVal ReportDoc As ReportDocument)
    Dim crTable As Table
    Dim crTables As Tables
    Dim crDatabase As Database
    Dim crTableLogOnInfo As TableLogOnInfo
    Dim crConnectionInfo As New ConnectionInfo

    Try
      crDatabase = ReportDoc.Database
      crTables = crDatabase.Tables

      With crConnectionInfo
'assign public variables
        .ServerName = Server
        .UserID = PnetUid
        .Password = PnetPwd
        .DatabaseName = Database
      End With

      For Each crTable In crTables
        crTableLogOnInfo = crTable.LogOnInfo
        crTableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = crConnectionInfo
        crTable.ApplyLogOnInfo(crTableLogOnInfo)
      Next crTable

    End Try

  End Sub

--
Joe Fallon

"edmond" <jsan@fucji.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way passing a password to crystal report 9.0 from Visual
Basic
> 6.0. so that when loading the report in vb6.0., it can connect to the
> database access file and show the report?
>
> Thanks a lot.

0
Joe

Answer file local admin password
Hi, I am trying to apply a local admin password to all PC's during my ghost roll out. Everthing works from my answer file with the only exception the local admin password is not applied. Here is the current part of my answer file [GuiUnattended] AdminPassword="R0ver" EncryptedAdminPassword=NO ...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Renaming Reports
Hi We renamed the entity Cases to appear as Jobs in CRM. After renaming the attributes and system messages we renamed the reports. We renamed the Case Summary Table by directly accessing SQL reporting services and in the properties area we renamed the Case Summary Table to Job Summary Table. The change was visible in CRM and I have now read that we were supposed to rename the report in CRM and not in SQL Reporting Services. Will the fact that we directly renamed the report in SQL Reporting Services affect the rendering of the report? Thanks Mark ...

CRM 4.0
Hi, I have upgraded to CRM 4.0 with outlook client. Contacts and accounts are not populating in the address book, while queues and users information are all in there. Any ideas?? Thanks Check your options for the address book. By default, CRM 4.0 only adds contacts and accounts that you own to the address book. If you are not the owner of the records they will not show up but you can change this setting. -- Jason Roy "crmguru" wrote: > Hi, > > I have upgraded to CRM 4.0 with outlook client. > > Contacts and accounts are not populating in the address b...

Is It Possible To Pass Parameters to A Pass Through Query
My assumption is that's it's not. At work I use ODBC to connect to our oracle database with Access 2003. There are cases where using a pass through query runs much much faster and I then use it in a make table query to make a local table. In access you can use brackets [] to have it ask for input. May I assume there is no way to do anything like that in a pass through query? Create a PassThrough query and use code to assign the SQL to this query filtering it with a parameter, and then run it e.g Dim MyVariable As Integer MyVariable = InputBox("Please select a Number&quo...

is my network password my computer user password or my yahoo passw
when I try to use my trail outlook account it ask for my network pass word and my user name Are they asking for my yahoo account password/user name or my computer username password? Your ISP account "Teri Dawn" <Teri Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0159F88-C666-433A-B3D5-8EB8472B4E89@microsoft.com... > when I try to use my trail outlook account it ask for my network pass word > and my user name Are they asking for my yahoo account password/user name > or > my computer username password? "Teri Dawn" <Teri Dawn@discussions...

Exchange not able to send mail #5.5.0 Relay Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server 2003 on SBS2003 has just ground to a halt from sending e-mails (SMTP using ETRN). Apparently its something to do with authentication and ISPs using this method to stop spam. It keeps returning to the sender with the message about 550 #5.5.0 Relay. It wont let any outbound mail touch anybody who's ISP/Mail Servers runs a reverse lookup or something and blocks us because we look like we are acting as spammers. ANY HELP is gladly accepted and appreciated. Regards Chris White Stirling Technical Engineering Ltd. Microsoft Partners Dont worry guys, our server...

Hide rows if cells = 0.00
I am trying to hide rows if any cell in a columm = 0.00. Example: If any cell in column D = 0.00 than hide the row containing that cell. Highlight your data, then from the menu bar select Data > Filter > Autofilter. Select the drop-down in column D and choose Custom. Use the drop-downs to set your selection to read 'does not equal' '0.00', then click OK. Those rows with 0.00 in column D should now be filtered out (they're still in your data, just not visible). --Bruce "dford" wrote: > I am trying to hide rows if any cell in a columm = 0.00. Exa...

Can you use Crystal Standard to create reports in MS CRM?
If the Standard version of Crystal 9.2.2 doesn't allow for report creation, which version is required? Thanks for the help "astuartmills" <astuartmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C33DEA-7BBC-4088-97E3-CFFDFF777622@microsoft.com... > If the Standard version of Crystal 9.2.2 doesn't allow for report > creation, > which version is required? Thanks for the help Either Crystal Developer or Crystal Professional Julian Hi Julian, Thank you for the follow up. "Julian Sharp" wrote: > > "astuartmills" &l...

Pass multiple selected values from list box to table
How do I pass multiple selected values from a list box to a table? I've found code to use the values as criteria in a query but would now like to store the values in a table (at least temporarily) thanks in advance. jack Pass selected values from a list box to a table? I don't really think you want to do this. Can you describe more about what you are trying to accomplish? You just store raw data in a table. You don't store manipulated data in a table. Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do... -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indi...

Automatically sending a daily report in word as an attachment
I hope you can help with this. I have a daily report that needs to be mailed to a co-worker. It is a simple list of clients served in a word 2003 document. I would like to automate the process. I right clicked on a toolbar and went to customize, I found the command send mail recipient as attachment and dragged the button to the standard toolbar. I assigned an email hyperlink to it. The button works perfectly as far as sending an email automatically but it doesn't send the contents of the document on the screen. I want the current document to be attached to the email as it is...

Puzzles in the development of Nand Flash Driver under Wince 5.0
Dear friends, thanks advance for your assistance The following is the detail for my case: Platform: PXA270, Os: Wince 5.0 FileSys: TFAT NAND Flash: Sector/Page Size:2048bytes; Number of Sectors per Block:64; Number of Block:8192 As the information above indicates, The total store space is 1G bytes(of cause, from the memory storage menager, these indexs are all consistent with that via the FMD_GetflashInfo) but I have never made full use of them. In the tests, When I program about 300-500M bytes, the system would show me ECC check error, and then, the whole file syste...

Linked Reports Parameters
How I can pass data from CRM to a linked Report (such as parametrs to reporting services report: CRM_Url, CRM_FilterText etc). I need to pass entity data (for examle EntityId) on aspx page. This may be what you are looking for. I use it to pass Account ID, Opportunity ID's etc... to my RS reports from buttons in CRM created using the isv.config file. Running CRM - MS SQL Reporting Services (RS) from ISV button and passing in Account/Opportunity GUID parameters to report. Here is a method of running an RS report from CRM and passing in the GUID from the record you are on to the RS re...

about crystal report
my customer is trying to print all the time card report. on the crystal report, it is divided by weekly. and my customer cannot look back timecard report before 12/17/05 even she set the criteria to beginning data of 11/01/05 till today, she can't not see timecard report. does anyone had same problem? let me know how i can fix this. thanx. There is an Active Report for time clock in the Reports Library on Customer Source / Partner Source. It doesn't have the same layout as the crystal report, but it's easier to set the time period you need... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber C...

Outlook 2007 will not save email account passwords
I know this has been addressed many times, but I have tried all of the usual suggestions which include but not limited to the following: 1). http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=290684 2). Removing and reinstalling Outlook 2007 and updates. 3). Repair install of XP Pro SP# and reinstall of all updates and fixes. 4). Manual removal of Outlook profiles from registry using http://remotesupport.spaces.live.com/default.aspx. 5). Forced reinstall of Office 2007 by using "Windows Install Clean Up Tool". If you force remove one product using this tool, it deletes the ...

How to pass an object from C++
Hello! We have a C# asp.net web application that is using a COM dll We use the tlbimp to be able to use the COM dll from C# asp.net web application The method InitRules shown below is located in the COM dll. It can be seen below the text Original. Method InitRules below is called from C# but we want to pass an object of type Handle_DS in addition to all the other parameters. You can see the modified InitRules below marked Modified Note the object of type Handle_DS is a C++ object that is created from C# asp.net application and pass into the InitRules I have also copied the whole idl fil...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itreal
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itrealexams.com/ and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...

UK VAT Reporting
UK regulations request that we report the value of EU tax transactions as though they were UK. As we currently have 4 rates (Standard, Lower, Zero and None) the EU tax rate setup at the moment, which allows for only 1 rate does not meet these requirements. By rights the EU should be tracked at Tax ID. UK VAT laws require you to show the VAT due bit not paid on all goods and related services you acquire from other EU member stated. As stated, the government require this to be at the same rate as though purchased in the UK. Legitimately purchased goods would be classed as having a Zero ta...

Filter Report by Form
I have a report with both text, date and Yes/No fields and I am trying to filter the report data with a pop-up form. I have fields I want to filter the data by. I have code that works with 'Text' fields; it is For intCounter = 1 To 5 If Me("Filter" & intCounter) <> "" Then strSQL = strSQL & "[" & Me("Filter" & intCounter).Tag & "] " & " = " & Chr(34) & Me("Filter" & intCounter) & Chr(34) & " And " End If If i take out ...

forgotten password
I had to reload Money now it is asking me for a password to use my backup file ??? Any help recovering this password and data? ...

password #18
My Passport password is not allowing me into my Money file. I've reset the Passport password a couple times with no effect. I can't open my file. Anyone know what to do?? ...

crash reporting with filenames and line numbers
I've read a bunch about this stuff and implemented the exceptionhandler in codeguru and read about other ways to interpret a hex crash address in a map file and all that. However, what I really want is to just be able to log the filename and line number where a crash occurred (without having to wrap each function in try-catch blocks). Is there an way to do this that I just don't know? Thanks, matt messinger You should not have to wrap each function in try-catch blocks. The real secret here is to write code that makes in unnecessary to do this. But why do you need file and line num...

Backup Exec 9.0 and individual mailboxes
Hi, I have the well known problem in Backup Exec 8.6 when I backup up indivial mailboxes from MS Exchnage 5.5 ---------------------------- "WARNING: "<mailbox>?Top of Information Store?Sent Items?<e-mail subject> is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify." ----------------------------- Any of you have any expirence with backing up individual mailboxes with Backup Exc 9.0 ? Is the problem still there, or................?? ...

account register report
I am trying to find a way to develop a report that looks exactly like the account register and I'm going nuts trying. Is there a way to do this? There should be :-) -- Hank In microsoft.public.money, Hank wrote: >I am trying to find a way to develop a report that looks exactly like the >account register and I'm going nuts trying. > >Is there a way to do this? There should be :-) You can File->Print your account register. You could print it to a pretend "printer" that is really a text file. Thanks Cal, but I don't know how to do that. Print to Fil...

Word 2007 cannot save password protected file
If I create a Word .docx file that is password protected (i.e., encrypted), I cannot save it more than once. I am running the released version of Windows 7, 64-bit; Office Word 2007 SP2. Steps to reproduce: 1. Start with a new, blank document and type something in it. 2. Go to Prepare | Encrypt Document and type in a password. 3. Save the file. 4. Change the file (e.g., add one character). 5. Save the file again. Rather than saving it, the "Save As" dialog pops up. If I save as the same name, I get the following error: "Word cannot complete the save due to a f...