How do I open a database in Office XP that was created in Office 2000?

I am trying to open a file that was created in Access
Office 2000 on my new Office XP and it wont let me.  How
do I do that.
0
Christy

You should not have any problems.  Could you provide more details on 'it
won't let me'?

What error message do you get?

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

"Christy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to open a file that was created in Access
> Office 2000 on my new Office XP and it wont let me.  How
> do I do that.

0
Joan

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

Relational Equiv. of Database
I'd like to create an XML schema that will allow me to save and retrieve data that is equivalent to a relational database with relationships defined between members of various tables. Is this possible with XML and if so can somebody point me to examples or other sources of information? TIA Brad ...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

Publisher 2000

How do I create a CORRECT histogram?
I'm trying to create a histogram for 50 values. I've put in the upper bounds as my bin values, as was posted by another user. However, the frequency output chart that is created by the histogram does not match the same frequencies that my data shows. Many times, the frequency is off by one, either positive or negative. Moreover, I want the lower bounds of the data set to show up. How do I do that? Perhaps Mike Middleton's "Better Histograms" approach will help: http://www.treeplan.com/better.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cus...

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

opening links in outlook

How do you enable Out of Office replies to go out of office?
I have tried ESM/Global Settings/Internet Message Format/Default/Properties/Advanced tab Exchange rich-text format: Determined by individual user settings Message text word wrap: never use ENABLED Allow out of office responses ENABLED Allow automatic replies ENABLED Allow automatic forward ENABLED Allow delivery reports ENABLED Allow non-delivery reports ENABLED Preserve sender's display name on message Out of office responses still go in-house only. Please help. Stop and start the SMTP service and the MTA. Worst case scenario is that you will have to stop and start all of the...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Office X 10.1.2 Update Failed
I'm new to the Mac OS X although pretty experienced with Windows XP and Office. When I try to update my original install of Office X, I get error message 11002:2,-14. I read the Read Me and troubleshooting section, turned off the virus protection and removed the Microsoft Office Plugin file as directed in the troubleshooting. None of this helped. I noticed (remember I'm new to Macs) I can move a copy of the Microsoft Office X directory to another hard drive, and clicking on Entrouage or any program opens it just fine (including all the mail). Of course, that would be impossible in...

office prof 2003 upgrade
I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS website. Thanks for your help! Andrew wrote: >I have microsoft works 9 installed. When I try to use my Office Prof 2003 >upgrade it will not recognize the office works 9 as a valid upgrade program. >How can I get the upgrade to work? I cannot find any hints within the MS >website. Thanks for your help! > > You may need this patc...

Need an open house sign in sheet

OFFICE 2003 02-12-10
ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN EXCEL ANYMORE. INSTEAD OF OPENING THE PROGRAM, IT WENT TO WINDOWS INSTALLER AND JUST STOPPED.I REMOVED OFFICE 2003 FROM THE HARDDRIVE AND THEN REINSTALLED IT FROM THE DISK. HOWEVER, I AM GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE: "ERROR 1304 - ERROR WRITING TO FILE: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICEII\1033\XLINTL32.DLL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY " i WAS ABLE TO INSTALL "WORD" AND "OUTLOOCK" SEPARASTE;Y. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL "EXCEL" I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT CAN I DO TO...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Creating folders from Excel Columns

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links