Storm

Yes, it can be.
"Storm Express" <iptarget@allstream.net> wrote in message
news:%23keU9eQGJHA.1720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Ghosting can be apain.

0
Storm

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Check Links
I'm currently running GP 9.0 SP1 on SQL 2000. I run check links once a month and when I ran it this weekend it came up with one error and could not be resolved. The file name is Sales Work and the error message was 'This file cannot be processed while other users are accessing it'. I've verified that the DYNAMICS.dbo.Activity table only contains the 'sa' record. I've also verified that the tempdb.dbo.DEX_LOCK and the tempdb.dbo.DEX_SESSION tables are empty. Any thoughts on why Check Links would be giving this error message when processing the Sales Work ta...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Stop processing more rules
I have Outlook 2000 using an exchange server. I am trying to make a wizard rule that says to not delete from particular people, but it doesn't seem to work. I have it set up to look in the from field for a bunch of contacts and then to Stop processing more rules. But it deletes them anyway. Is there a better way to have a whitelist with Outloook 2000 on an exchange server? ...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Selecting the Sales Process
I have set up two sales process, one for inrfastructure, one for development. When I create an opportunity how do I determine which sales process the opportunity will follow. Right now it defaults to the first one on the list. Hi Todd, that is correct - the workflow will kick-off the first sales process that matches the criteria. So if "When opportunity is created" is your only condition, then the first one that matches it will be triggered. The solution could be to add an exit criteria at the beginning of the sales processes to check for more relevant conditions.. Hope this h...

how does GetMessage/PeekMessage process messages?
1. <Programming Application for Microsoft Windows> said=20 that Windows processes posted message in the thread=20 message queue before the message WM_QUIT. 2. In the article <Microsoft Windows CE .NET:Receiving and=20 Dispatching Messages>, I found the sentences "If no posted=20 message is found, Windows CE checks the queue for messages=20 posted by the user-input system." and "If no posted input=20 messages are found, Windows CE checks the queue for=20 WM_QUIT messages placed on the queue by a call to the=20 PostQuitMessage function. " 3. I built a project wit...

about the processes
hi, i have find the all running process using createToolhelp32 funtion and PROCESSENTRY32 . i have find all of them. But i am unable to reconize the current (where the keyboard focus is occurs) procees in them. plz help me, how can reconize that current runnning process . thanks you, koti To find the process that owns the window that has the focus, do ::GetFocus to get the window handle (be prepared for NULL). Then use GetWindowThreadProcessId to locate the process ID that owns the window that has the focus. There is no such thing as "the current running process" since...

Workflow Manager - Manual Rule - Sub Process
I have had dozens of manual rules that are triggered from a sub-process action running for over 2 years (through 1.2 and 3.0) perfectly fine until just recently. We found that any WFR that had a manual rule as a subprocess (the rule sent out an email) would not fire off the email. Rollup1 is currently installed, we have 70k rules running at any point in time but are narrowing this down to ~20k by condensing our WFRs, and will be clearing out WF logs over 30 days old on a weekly basis. Has anyone heard of this out-of-the-blue problem happening with manual sub-processes? Thanks. ...

Ghost brackets
Suddenly, Word is putting brackets around any text that I select--and leaving them. These do not print, but it's confusing to have these nonprinting brackets thrown in--sometimes hard to tell them from real brackets I've inserted. In addition, I often send documents electronically, and then people are facing this doc with these ghost brackets (which look identical to real brackets on the screen). How can I stop Word from doing this? jpmcewan, Seems like you are seeing bookmarks, normally you do not see them unless you go to Tools - Options - View - under view section unc...

Ghost Recipient
I have a user name Jonh Doe in my contact list, and when I type in John in the "To" box two options for John Doe come up, one with the correct address and one wiht the incorrect address. I have searched my contact list for this second conact, but can't find it. Where would Outlook be finding this contact? If you right click it, and select find contact, Outlook can't, but it does give you the option to add it. I thought Outlook only searched designated contact info for address, where is this Ghost coming from? Autoresolve doesn't do lookups to any contacts l...

Information is needed befor this report can be processed
I am using CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003 Prem. I have had crm installed for about 7 months and the client has just decided to use the software. I installed using the CRM installation basics book (followed evrithing to the letter except names and passwords). when the customer tries to generate a report (Client report, Account report, etc.) they recieve the following error: "Information is needed befor this report can be processed" on the Crystal reports screen. CRM has also been running very slow. The server is a Dell with Dual XEON 2.4, it has 2GB Ram, and Raid 5 HD configuration...

Ghost accounts won't stay deleted!!!
Hi, I have an MBNA CC, and I've been unsuccesful in connecting to their server. In the process, I have tried twice to delete the account and recreate it. Now each time I try to update my accounts, the deleted accounts come back as "MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2". Does anyone know what's causing this and how I can resolve it? Thanks, JD JD, I'm also having problems downloading data for my MBNA CC. I am receiving "your last call encountered an error" message. I'm also having problems with Tropical Finacial Credit Union. One night I could...

ghost items
When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items. Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into some instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the system says it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in the Item list nothings there. However, if I create a PO and enter the ILC in quickscan, it will put in an item that has no info at all, no description, or...

This Document has been removed from Sales Order Processing History #2
Hi, We have imported data from GP Version 7.0 to GP Version 9.0. We did not upgrade it. All the history and all the transactions were imported into verions 9.0. Now I am trying to using Sales Inquiry from Inquiry >> Sales >> Transaction by Customer. Selected a customer, all details appeares including invoices, payments and other documents. But when I try to drill down on one SOP invoice I get above mentioned error. I checked the Sales Order Processing module, I found those documents and tried to drill down on them, it worked fine. But not from Receivable side. I have al...

Distribute the CPU power between 2 processes
Hello, In the Task Manager of Windows Server 2003, I have two queuing processes: "Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Queuing.exe": - One for WSS - One for SSP How i it possible to distribute the CPU power between these 2 processes? Thanks "Robert" <robert@libre.gaulle> wrote in message = news:eTKNiq5uKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > In the Task Manager of Windows Server 2003, I have two queuing = processes:=20 > "Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Queuing.exe": > - One for WSS > - One for SSP > How i it possib...

Ghost spreadsheet?
Today I am suddenly experiencing a weird problem: I cannot see some of the spreadsheets we have saved both on the desktop and on the server. The files are listed, I can click on them, Excel opens but the spreadsheet does not appear, I only see the light blue background; note that on two fields in the toolbar, right below the Ribbon, I see the cell number in the first and the value on the second; changing the cell number changes also the value on the second field therefore the spreadsheet is there, it is just not visible. I tried to reboot both the desktop and the server but no luck. We...

PO Return processing
In our shop we often recieve goods that must be quality checked. When items are rejected by quality control we then process a return. The rejected parts need to be re-ordered so a new PO needs to be created. Is there any way for GP to automatically create a replacement PO? Not automatically. You can copy a PO to a new one. "TotalDoor" <TotalDoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E532F805-9677-409A-BACA-BB0536C61058@microsoft.com... > In our shop we often recieve goods that must be quality checked. When > items > are rejected by quality control w...

EBT Food Stamp Processing?
Is there an easy way to set it up so that once I have scanned, and am ready to tender the sale, that I can do something to get rid of sales tax? Food Stamp / EBT items can't charge tax, and so i'm not sure how to eliminate this, at the Tender or right before the tender of the sale? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Ghost font
I use the previous month's newsletter as a template each month. Whenever I open the file, there is a mystery font that is not being used called MS Shell dig. I click okay and ignore it. Is there any way to locate where the font is and remove it? This article can help http://www.virtualplastic.org/html/ui_font.html This may give insight too. http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/V6/D/D403.html -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dandyman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4...

change stage of sales process
Hi All, We have defined sales process in MSCRM, and we have a requirements that only manager can change the sales process stage from current stage to the next stage, how can we do that in MSCRM ? Because if we try to complete all the activities in the current stage, it will automatically change the stage to the next stage. We want to do it manually. Your advices, helps or guidances on this matter is really appreciated. Thanks for your help before. Kind regards, William maybe you should have a task that says contact manager for approval. This signals the user to call the manager and s...

Credit card processing 05-15-07
Is it possible with Access? Any good references? Matt <mdw233psu@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it possible with Access? Not without putting your data in a SQL Server database among many other things. The credit card companies want to ensure your corporation is keeping that data very, very secure. And depending on the laws in your province, state, territory and/or country your employer really wants to keep that data secure. It is very embarrassing to hear your corp name on the news. >Any good references? No idea. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only i...

2 step PO Return with credit process
In addition to having the option of putting the qty back on the PO, several clients have requested the option of a 2 step return process. Often, items are returned and the Inventory gets updated, however, when doing a return with credit it should not post the credit to the vendors account until you can match the credit up to the return of the product to ensure you have been properly credited. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the me...

Ghosting Accounts
ex.I have an sbcglobal account and subaccounts.if I set up outlook to retriev username@companyname.net instead of username@sbcglobal.net ican send but not receive.detination show from username@companyname.net if they repliey to it i can get...but if compose and type username@companyname.net it goes to the companyname@sbcglobal.net which is the primary account at internet provider.so how I set up to retreve e mails sent to subaccount? is it outlook settings or internet provider settings? or maybe this will help....I was told to Ghost the account!?!?! Thank you!!! I understand you hav...