form error 2000 >> 2002

Hi,

I migrated a database from access 2000 to 2002. After doing this i got a
wird error in on of the forms.  Its a form with about 40 calculated fields
and 10 subforms. In a lot of the fields "#name?" is displayed instead of the
value. When i go to the next record or open the form in design mode and
return then other fields display "#name?". I have checked for missing
referrences in my vb library but that gave no errors. Does anyone know how
to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Pieter

0
pieter

Hi,

My name is Amy Vargo.  Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups.

You will normally see #Name? if you have bound fields on a form, but the
field name either does not exist in the table/query the form is based on,
or the field name might have changed, but the controls on the form are
still pointing to the old field name.

To check, view the form in design view and view the properties of the form.
 Note if the record source is a table or a query.  Now view your field
list.  This lists the available fields and the way they should be spelled.
Now view the properties of the controls that show #Name?.  Verify that the
Name and Control Source match.

I hope this helps!  If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Amy Vargo
Microsoft Access Engineer

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

0
amyv
1/20/2004 2:17:29 PM

Access Newsgroups.

>You will normally see #Name? if you have bound fields on=20
a form, but the=20
>field name either does not exist in the table/query the=20
form is based on,=20
>or the field name might have changed, but the controls on=20
the form are=20
>still pointing to the old field name.
>
>To check, view the form in design view and view the=20
properties of the form.=20
> Note if the record source is a table or a query.  Now=20
view your field=20
>list.  This lists the available fields and the way they=20
should be spelled. =20
>Now view the properties of the controls that show=20
#Name?.  Verify that the=20
>Name and Control Source match.
>
>I hope this helps!  If you have additional questions on=20
this topic, please=20
>respond back to this posting.
>

>Regards,
>
>Amy Vargo
>Microsoft Access Engineer
>

>This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and=20
confers no rights.=20
>You assume all risk for your use. =A9 2001 Microsoft=20
Corporation. All rights=20
>reserved.
>
>.
>I have the same problem as the previos sender. I have=20
read your advice and checked but all is correct.  Ir I=20
delete many of the controls from the form, then the=20
remaining will work fine.  In access 2000 they all work=20
simultaneously.  Its as though access 2002 cannot handle=20
the complexity? surely this cannot be correct?
0
Simon

Convert old publisher 2.0 file for Publisher 2000 and beyond
I created a text/graphic book in old publisher 2.0. Never progressed through later versions and Publisher 2000 won't open. Any ideas? The good news is I found 2.0 in the attic and installed her and she runs fine under XP. Everything I put in my attic melts... I did find an old AppleII+ banking program that booted right up. It has been the attic for years, it isn't 2000 compliant however. Can you open the file in 2.0? Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and Office Plug in, then try again. If you still can't open the file send the file to me and I will convert it fo...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

catching the error number
I'm catching an exception when I try to listen with my WinSocket control. To try this code I'm trying to open a socket in a port already used: try { if (m_WinSock.GetState()!=0) m_WinSock.Close(); m_WinSock.SetLocalPort( portNumber ); m_WinSock.Listen(); } catch(CException *e) { char info[300]; UINT code; e->GetErrorMessage( info, 300, &code ); TRACE( "Exception opening Server TCP Port: %s -->ID:%d\n", info, code ); } I'm trying to get the error ID into the variable "code" and always getting code=0. I don't know if 0 is the error number...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

Money 2002
Problem with sum of i.e. debits or credits, just show as ######, instead of real figures. An Envelope sign next to cheque number under NUM colum What would this mean? Thanks you all. ...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

error with SMTP and POP3
hi. mail server exchange 2003 enterprise, windows server 2003 enterprise. i see the error in pop3 and smtp when sending mail from cmd. in cmd i type 10.0.0.3 25 and enter the there. SMTP error says: 500 5.3.3 Unrecognized command i try to access SMTP locally, in my network. and the same arror prosses with POP3. It says: -ERR Protocol error i have no firewall. i use exchange in local network. to access SMTP locally, you use the telnet command, then type in the SMTP commands telnet 10.0.0.3 25 HELO localhost MAIL FROM:<test@test.com> RCPT TO:<test@test.com> DATA Su...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

pst file outlook 2002
I get this message when i try to open Outlook 2002: Unable to display the folder. The file C:\...outlook\outlook.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently (shift+del) delete them. I realize that the mailbox has alot of messages stored up, but how am i supposed to delete some of them, if i cannot even view the folder? please help thanks See this page: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apol...

Exchange 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain
Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come out with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to it http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-daylight.html. Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers? Thanks. On Mar 7, 8:16 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinorei...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server ru...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

visual basic has stopped working error message
I hope this is the discussion group for VB6. I have a vb6 project with crystal report 8.5. In the program once i click on RDC to open a report in design view I got this "Visual basic has stopped working" message comes up and I have to closed out visual basic. It always happens when I tried to open the report designer. I can run or compile the program fine without opening reports. My computer is vista home with SP2. Any suggestions? "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F6B7C3-A847-43EF-A1C5-B300428EDC68@microsoft.com.....

SDK Q: "taxes distribution(s) does not equal the actual amount" error when posting
I am trying to have our orders processing system properly populate the Great Plains tables so we can TRANSFER our orders to invoices (at which point third-party tools perform so WBS re-distribution) and then POST them to GL. Thanks to rrs1977@gmail.com for your previous help. With that, I've been able to get the system to create orders and batches which Dynamics allows our users to open and Transfer to invoice (and properly triggering our third-party redistribution utilities). However, when they try to post the invoices to GL, an error shows up indicating "taxes distribution(s...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Cant Print in Outlook 2002
Hello, Any input would be appreciated for the following issue. While looking in preview pane, I am able to select an email and then go to file and print and it prints. If I open an email, then go to either file and print or the print icon shortcut, nothing happens. The printer dialog box doesnt open, nothing prints, and nothing happens. Ran a repair on the office suite. No help. Uninstalled and reinstalled office, no help. Running WinXP SP1 with all windows updates available at the time of this posting. Running Office XP with all the office updates available at the tim...

Error -18499

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Journal entry has already been posted error
I have a client that uses Wennsoft and Great Plains. When they go to Transactions > Job Cost > Job Transaction Entry and click on the magnifying glass next to journal entry number, they can see a list of journal entries that should have been posted. If they click on one to try to bring it to the sreen they receive a message "Journal entry XXX has already been posted." They can see where it posted on the financial side, but not against the job. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can fix this? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...