developing a data base for business

Help!!!

I would like easy directions on how I can make numbers in
one field, times it by 5.5% come up in the next field,and
then total in the 3rd field.

0
lin

Create the field in the table that will store the numbers.
On the form (best displayed as a continuous form/fields horizontal on the
form) create a textbox field via the (ab|) on the toolbox. Open the field's
property window. Type the following in the 'control source'
section:=([NumValue])*0.055

Note: NumValue is the name of my field I created, so replace your field name
in its place.

Create a new textbox field in the 'Form Footer' section of your continous
form. In the 'control source' type the following:=Sum([NumValue])*0.055
Again, replace NumValue with your field name.

I use my continuous form as a subform on a main form. This will list each
record as well as the totals based on the main form record.

"lin" <mueller@chibardun.net> wrote in message
> Help!!!
>
> I would like easy directions on how I can make numbers in
> one field, times it by 5.5% come up in the next field,and
> then total in the 3rd field.

0
GVaught

Summarising data #2
I think this is difficult! My source data is made up of two worksheets from two different dat sources. Worksheet1 looks like A B 1.ICT SUBSISTENCE 2.ICT TELEPHONES & FAX 3.ICT TRAINING EXPENSES 4.ICT WORKSHOP MATERIAL & TOOLS 5 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM APT&C BASIC 6 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM CATERING 7 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM CLEANING & DOMESTIC EQUIPMENT 8 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM EQUIPMENT PURCHASE 9 0-12 NORTHAM...

Data Download
Hi Team, I was wondering if someone there could assist me with a small problem. I'm downloading data into Excel, which is to large for 1 standard spreadsheet. Is there a program, macro or add-on that you could suggest that will split the information automatically into multiple spreadsheets? Thanks for your help, Chris -- Chriso ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chriso's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34285 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540515 Depends on how...

Data labels every second point
Hello I found and successfully used the below stated macro for adding data labels on the last data point. Could someone of you experts help me with creating a macro, that would add data labels on every second point (when there are a lot of data the labels are too crowded, and to erase manually every second label is quite time consuming) Thank you all! Sub LastPoinLabel() Dim mySrs As Series Dim nPts As Long On Error GoTo Error For Each mySrs In ActiveChart.SeriesCollection With mySrs nPts = .Points.Count mySrs.Points(nPts).ApplyData...

inserting data from a row to a cell, when the row number is specified by a formula in a cell
in cell H3, I have a match formula that searches my spreadsheet for a string of information. when it finds the row with the matching string it displays the row number in cell H3 example '63'. In cell C3, I want to display the full text that displays in the row specified in cell H3 '63'. I can do that by simply entering =r63 in the cell C3. I want the info to display, what I would like to do is to automate this so I do not manually have to enter =R63,for each cell. example of my formulas in Cell H3 the formula is =MATCH(I2,(Q$1:Q$30001),0) the result is 63 meaning row 63....

Find matching data in another workbook or sheet
I've spent all day editing a large sheets (21000 rows, each being a customer record), and have found that I've lost the data in one column. I still have the original, unedited workbook, so do have the missing data available, but as the editing included deletion of many rows, the row numbers no longer match, so I can't just copy and paste the column. What I want to do therefore is: take the content of two cells from a row in workbook "A", and use that to find the corresponding row in workbook "B". Then, having found the correct row, take the contents of o...

returning a date 7 business day excluding holidays in the future
How would I write a formula that would do this. If I input a date in cell A1 and I have holidays in cells R1:R11. Can I write a formula that would give me a date in cell B2 that is 7 business days excluding holiday from the date in A1. I am having a hard time getting the networkdays and holidays working if I am not inputing 2 dates. Thanks >I am having a hard time getting the networkdays >and holidays working Use the WORKDAY function: =WORKDAY(A1,7,R1:R11) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "excelrookie" <excelrookie@discussio...

Query data and formatting
I have a query on a VFP table (linked through ODBC to our sales software) to summarize the daily value of sales orders entered. I need to group it into weekly amounts and daily amounts but cannot manipulate the data in the query to finish it in a report. I have the daily values totalled by day, but cannot group it beyond that. My end result should display: Date Daily Amount MTD Amt YTD Amt Week of (date) with sub-totals Is there a query criteria formula I can use so I can keep the link to the live data? ...

Access Developer
Hi All, We are about to enroll on a mini project and as part of the rollout new machines are to be installed. Some user's have an application called Access Developer. I would like to know if we install Access 2003 Pro would that be sufficient for them e to continue with their Access Development? Could anyone answer or point me in the right direction. Regards. -- Flinty I assume that ACCESS Developer is the developer version of ACCESS 2002, but you'll need to confirm that. If it is, this version of ACCESS allows the owner to create runtime versions of ACCESS applications, wh...

Simple data retrieval question
Hi there, Can anyone post a very trivial example (or direct me to a link) that demonstrates how to retrieve the data sent by "WebClient.UploadData()" in my "Page_Load()" handler (in my case I'm sending two values, one a "bool" and the other a "byte[]" array of arbitrary size). Thanks very much. On Feb 17, 8:41=A0pm, Larry Smith <LarrySm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > Can anyone post a very trivial example (or direct me to a link) that > demonstrates how to retrieve the data sent by "WebClie...

Subtotal function with Filtered Data
I trying to use the following worksheet to analysis required and assigned resources across a wide range of projects. Project Source Skill 3Q05 AWG 10G Assigned PL 0.00 AWG 10G Required PL 0.00 AWG 10G Gap PL 0.00 AWG 6G Assigned IDFM 0.00 AWG 6G Required IDFM 0.25 AWG 6G Gap IDFM 0.25 AWG 6G Assigned IDFT 0.25 AWG 6G Required IDFT 0.25 AWG 6G Gap IDFT 0.00 GigaDig 12G Assigned IDFM 0.00 GigaDig 12G Required IDFM 0.25 GigaDig 12G Gap IDFM 0.25 GigaDig 12G Assigned IDFT 0.20 GigaDig 12G Required IDFT 0.25 GigaDig 12G Gap IDFT 0.05 GigaDig 12G Assigned SLM-LSP 0.00 GigaDig 12G Required SLM-LSP ...

SharePoint 2007 Business Data Catalog for Microsoft CRM 3.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C73020.C7D12E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone know if it already exists or if Microsoft is planning on = providing the components to make this happen? Alan ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C73020.C7D12E10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type cont...

How to select data point when trendline present?
In an XY scatter chart, I have data points that all lie exactly on a trendline. When I try to select any data point for formatting, the trendline is always selected instead. I currently handle this by deleting the trendline, formatting the data, then reinstalling the trendline. Is there an easier way? Excel 2003 Thanks, Don Culp If you are using pre-2007 version: click chart; tap up/down keys as you watch the Name Box; you will see as each object is selected. Excel 2007 has something similar (look to the left of the ribbon when the chart is selected) OR. temporarily change one y-...

Pulling data from remote pivot table
I have had some problems pulling data from a pivot table that resides in another file. It seems that the data file must be open for the pulling document to display the updated values. If I update and the source file is not open, I get a #REF error. Anyone seen this? What are my options here? I don't want to have to open the source file every time I need to update. Thanks! -Chris ...

Data Merge Unable to open the data source
I am trying to create a form letter using a data merge using a previosly created word document as the data source. When I choose the file to use at the data source I get the following error: "Word was unable to open the data source" The file lives in my home directory which is located on a networked server. If I move the file to my local machine it works fine. But want it to work with the file living in my networked home directory. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am working on Microsoft Office X on a G5 10.3.3 ...

Money 2005 Business
I have been trying to modify the invoice template. The designer "saves" but then doesn't display the new or modified template. In trying a workaround, if I export the .inv file, MS 2005 gives an error message on the import saying that it can't import a file after July, 2002 although the file being imported was just created (01Mar2005) Reference "The custom invoice template is not available when you try to print by using the template in Money 2005 Small Business": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890398 The INV import within Money itse...

application development
I am designing a downloadable tutorial application I am using visual studio 6.0 and i have created a client application to navigate through data pages, at the moment just the client framework exists, what is the best and quickest way to create graphic pages with text that can be viewed through an active doc container app i.e Explorer.There will be a lot of pages Does anyone agree that java is the best method for this.? Or are there any alternatives The application will be placed on the server and downloaded, files will be downloaded a batch at a time and viewed as local pages. I also need to ...

Data Analysis
I am trying to do a validation of and excel spreedsheet that uses random sampling. My problem, is I need some sort of calculation or something to go by, to how excel selected the random numbers. Say I had a set of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I run a random sample and ask for 1 value, excel spits out 4, how did it come up with that. Is there any way to figure out what goes on behind the scenes to come up with that value? Any input would be appreciated. You need to post more detail, formulas, code etc. I don't think anyone will grasp what you want to achieve from this post, Regards, "...

iTechArt-Custom Software Development and Offshore outsourcing Company
iTechArt Group - Custom Software Development and Offshore outsourcing Company http://www.itechart.com/ Offshore custom software development company iTechArt - Web site and Content Management Solutions development, CMS consulting: Ektron, Drupal and DotNetNuke iTechArt Group provides high quality custom software development services and offshore software development. On December 2006, iTechArt Group became an authorized Microsoft Certified Partner. This means that our company has been recognized by Microsoft for our vast expertise and authorized to custom software development; provide IT ser...

Data Formatting/Reformatting
I extract financial data that is formatted Vertically. Looks like; Month1 Month2 Budget Actual Budget Actual Acct1 $123 $150 $125 $170 Acct2 $456 $123 $489 $400 I would like to format it Horizontally. It would look like; Month 1 Month2 Acct1 Budget $123 $125 Actual $150 $170 Acct2 Budget $456 $489 Actual $123 $400 (Assuming the above formatting will be lost attached is a documen showing these examples). I have tried to use the transpose function and pivot table and it jus isn't working for me. Is there an easy fix that anyone knows of. Thanks for any...

Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) ?
Is this technology still current or is there something better to use? Can I use CDO to access Outlook on a non server operating system? Thanks Tom ...

How to get the historic data from a linked table?
Dear All, I have a main table which stores the most recent info of a record with following details: Unique_Ref_Num|Status|Dept 1 | 6 | 1 and a second table called history which records changes in the main table HistoryID | Status | DateStamp 1 | 1 | #22/10/2007 09:00# 1 | 2 | #22/10/2007 09:01# 2| 1 | #22/10/2007 09:05# 2 | 2 | #22/10/2007 09:06# 1 | 2 | #22/10/2007 11:00# 2 | 3 | #22/10/2007 15:00# 1 | 3 | #22/10/2007 16:00# 2 | 2| #22/10/2007 16:10# Where Status 1 = Open, 2 = Allocated and 3 = Closed. --------------------------------------------------------...

Exch2k Replica Free/Busy to Retire Exch2k
Hello I am in the process of retiring my Exchange2000 server and migrating to Exchange 2003. Everything is pretty smooth so far (except for problem below I have followed the steps in this article (thanks to Rich Matheisen!) http://support.microsoft.com/?id=30791 Everything in the article seemed to go smoothly, except #3 Rehome the Schedule+ Free Busy folder I have completed the steps described, and on the Status Tab, I can see both the old and new servers listed as replicas, but on the 'Replication' Tab it never Shows either server nor the 'In Sync' value as all the other fo...

Importing HEX data
I need to import an array of 4-digit HEX values from an ASCII text file. Excel treats any of the 0E... values as a numerical value with exponential format. Using the import wizard I declared the data as 'Text' rather than the default 'general' but it doesn't change Excel's mind about those 0E's. I am using Excel 2000 under windows 2000 on a PC. Thanks for any help. -Ralph I imported the follow 'hex' data into Excel using the Text Import wizard, specifying that the data was comma delimited and each of the 4 fields was text: 0001,00e2,000a,0009 It ca...

Paste data from Excel to Access
Hi All, Recently, I have problem to paste data from Excel to Access. I have checked online and it seems that the update KB958437 from MS causes such a problem. I understand that uninstall this update is a solution, but my uni system does not allow me to do so. As I have a number of databases, another solution - closing Excel after each copy, is not practicable. If you know other to by pass this problem. Please let me know. Thanks in advance Fei ...

no data printed in chart with more than 2709 data points
when i try to print a chart that contains more than 2709 data points i get a complete chart only no lines to connect my data points. the points are displayed if i have them enabled, i have tried printing to pdf, and several printers. the problem only shows up with 2710 data points or more ...