DB Files with Access2007

Can any help prev with Access2003 I could read .db Files but 2007 return a
invalid file Same goes with Excel 2003 was able to read mdb and db files but
not with 2007

Thanks

Hennie

0
Hennie

importing quattro pro files
Can anyone tell me how to open a *.qpw file in excel? The downloads I have found on the microsoft web site to convert quattro pro to excel do not work for this file extension. Hi if you have access to Quattro Pro try saving this file as Excel file format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AGM" <amartin@texamenergy.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1381801c44417$ff8a0b30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to open a *.qpw file in excel? > The downloads I have found on the microsoft web site to > convert quattro pro to excel do not work for this f...

importing paradox db. into outlook
how do you import a borland datebase into outlook? Renman What file format is the database in? Outlook supports many formats but it must be one of the compatible ones for a native import. Otherwise, you need to export your database to one of the supported file formats for import into Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RenMan asked: | how do you ...

How do I convert PDF file into Excel file?
I am using Excel 2003 and want to convert PDF files from Adobe 6.0 into Excel Files. How do I do it? Do you have the basic PDF reader or have you paid for the Full PDF writer..? If you have the Full PDF writer, open the PDF yuou wish to convert inteh save as type dialog box choose Text (Plain) (*.txt) and save. Then open Excel and file > open, and under files of type choose Text Files. You have may to have to spend some time tiding up the file. Altenatively you can highlight the text and (usign the Select Text select feature) and copy and paste into Excel. "All4utears" w...

file comparison
How can I identify files changes (data) between an old vs. new Excel file? Depends on what you mean. If you mean compare two worksheets address by address (a1 with a1, x99 with x99, etc), then Myrna Larson and Bill Manville have developed a compare that's very nice. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look for compare.xla rwm_hh wrote: > > How can I identify files changes (data) between an old vs. new Excel file? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003? I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would like to import these messages into Outlook 2003. When I click File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options: Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail files from Mozi...

db
how to map DB variables with form variables manuaaly in DB programmng wiht mfc.. also i do we put two controls.. depending upon condition we have to get text box or combo box ...

Can't Kill file?
The below code works great, thank God for many of you who have helped me. However, I can't seem to delete the file I am writing to the temporary folder. The code writes to the folder, then picks up the email attachment from the folder, but fails at the Kill statement that refers to that folder and gives the following error: Run-time error '53' file not found. Yet when I go there the file is present. Do I have to close something? I tried a wb.close, but it didn't help. Public iMsg As Object Public iConf As Object Public wb As Workbook Public WBname As String Public Loca...

Client computers unable to access server resources (files
SBS 2008 server with about 30 users. 28 XP and two Vista users. Yesterday things worked. Today, none of the XP users are able to access file shares. Tech was dispatched and reports he unable to rejoin a machine that he disjoined. He says the computers are not seeing AD. I am unable to check the Vista users as they are out of the office today and have laptops which are with them. Users are able to access Exchange, Internet. When you you log in (cached credentials?) and try to run "\\servername\netlogon" you are prompted for credentials and even with valid credentials ar...

dbx files from another computer
I changed the computer and have transfered the .dbx files into my laptop folder. Does anyone know how to get my Outlook Express program in my laptop to read these files that I have transferred. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.publi...

How can I display a message for users on file open?
I am interested in creating a default instructional reminder for all users of a spreadsheet I have created. How can I do this and have the reminder displayed each time the file is opened? 1. With the workbook open, press Alt-F11. 2. From the menu, choose View, then Project Explorer. 3. Open the section called "ThisWorkbook" 4. Type the follwing: Sub MyMessage end Sub >-----Original Message----- >I am interested in creating a default instructional reminder for all users of >a spreadsheet I have created. How can I do this and have the reminder >displayed each time...

Sorting Columns on HTML file created in Excel
Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm just searching for the wrong words, but can't find the answer to this.. I've created an excel file, about 15 columns.. In excel, I can sort the columns easily, but, I've saved the file as HTML now. How can I make it that those columns can still be sortable on the internet? Is there special code I need to put somewhere? I've seen javascript codes that can do this, but I would like to do it all via excel if possible. Any help appreciated! Thanks, -- Rob Hi Terri and Rob, You could include the JavaScript (Bookmarklet) within your HTML cod...

Timesheet on Published DB, but not in Reporting DB
Any ideas about cause and how to fix? For a given user & period, I can see the timesheet on Published DB, but not on Reporting DB. So far, see this with one user. Learner: Reporting DB updates can fail from time to time. Things can get out of sync when you cancel queue jobs. You can refresh the reporting database by forcing it to rebuild by using the administrative backup feature to backup you Enterprise custom fields, and then restore them. The restore action forces the rebuild. See if that helps. -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.mspro...

Opening files in Excel 2003
Hello Everyone, I have this problem when trying to open a file in Excel. It takes along time to drill down down in the folder list. Any ideas? Thanks -Mark ...

attachment of file
Hi there, I am trying to send a word file that contains Resume and cover letter to the company for job. I am using Vista and Office 2007 and each time I try and attach the file it states that 'Some of the files could not be found, and could not be attached to the message. Would you like to send the message anyway?' Could somebody spread some light on this for me please. I am not using office for a commercial purpose at all Bay-Nazir Are you trying to send it via Windows Mail, or Outlook? Have you tried saving it as a PDF file and then attaching that? If se...

Can I restore original data in an overwritten excel file?
I saved from a file off of a floppy disk onto my hard drive and accidentally saved over a document of the same name on my hard drive. I need the data from the original file, do I have any options?? If you have installed an "undelete" utility such as that in Norton Utilities, or Undelete, you *might* be able to retrieve it. Otherwise, I expect it's gone. On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:22:01 -0800, "barb" <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I saved from a file off of a floppy disk onto my hard drive and accidentally >saved over a document of the same name on...

Save remote pictures in local xls file
Hi everyone, I have a local Excel file including remote pictures (hosted on a remote website). I would like to save this file to integrate those images locally. Is there a way to achieve this without any macro? Thanks and best regards, -- Thierry On Oct 25, 4:25=A0am, "Cenekemoi" <thie...@no.spam.invalid> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a local Excel file including remote pictures (hosted on a remote > website). I would like to save this file to integrate those images > locally. > > Is there a way to achieve this without any macro? > > Thank...

convert pub file to wpd file?
I use Publisher for all my needs, but a lot of my contacts do not. Is it possible to convert Publisher to word perfect document or any other format that woud be easier for them to open. ...

Restrict type of files in a document library
There any way to limit the types of files in a specific document library? I know it can be done from the central administration but I understand that this will affect all libraries. The idea is that a given library only accept Office documents for example. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_7C45577A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Vicente, This feature is not available OOB in Libraries or lists. However there can be a workaround using custom event handlers on lists. Event Handler works on lists basis, you can just check for the file extension of...

VCF file:
I do need helping with VCF file on Outlook.. Can you explain me about this file? Thanks. Sincerely, David Johnson What do you specifically need help with? And in what version of Outlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "David Johnson" <david099@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:qGdDd.2121$v76.1532@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I do need helping with VCF file on Outlook.. Can you explain me about ...

Access 2007 file size
The database has 2 access files, 1 for tables and 1 for forms the size of tables file keeps steady. however, the size of forms file expands quickly from 1.5m to 14m within a few days. After compression, it goes back to 1.5m what's wrong? the tables is not properly indexed. is it the cause? Thanks a lot. tony Are you making changes to the design of the forms? Are you creating temporary tables and then deleting them? Are you running complicated queries for forms or reports? I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you keep compacting, you should be okay. 14 Mb is s...

connect Visio to DB
I'm trying to build troubleshooting guide with Visio 2007. The next step would be to connect the Visio diagram to SQL DB. The thing is I want to create such table in the DB, which will create a sort of State Machine. Each item in the diagram that connected to other item has to express it in the table: For example: problem1->question1->question2->solution1 |->solution2 How would I create such situation? ...

Select multiple files error.
I want to select multi files using CFileDialog: CFileDialog FileDlg (TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT ); TCHAR strBuffer[4096]; FileDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = strBuffer; FileDlg.m_ofn.nMaxFile =sizeof(strBuffer); if (FileDlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { CString csFname; CStringArray m_strArray; m_strArray.SetSize(0); POSITION pos = FileDlg.GetStartPosition(); while (pos != NULL) { csFname = FileDlg.GetNextPathName(pos); TRACE("%s\n", csFname); m_strArray.Add(csFname); m_CListBox_ListBox.AddString(csFname.GetBuffer()); } } The error is that FileDlg.DoModal()...

Offline DB has corrupted, can't get back to main DB
Hi guys. We have a customer who suffered a powercut earlier today. When the power came back up, the offline databases kicked in for a while until a connection with the server returned. On one till the offline database was fine but when the connection to the server was restored, it wouldn't sync. It can be connected to manually in Store Adminstrator, but when we try to run a Check on it, it comes back with an error saying it's been found suspect and can't be opened. There's obviously something going on in the system that says before the main online database can be r...