Date conversion, PLEASE HELP

I am importing data from an OBDC datasource.  One of the
fields is a date field that imports in this
format "20040818", as a number.  I am trying to convert
this value to a date format and have had no luck.  If
anyone can provide assistance, I am grateful...
0
shawn

MyDate = DateSerial(Left([ImportedDate], 4), Mid([ImportedDate], 5, 2),
Right([ImportedDate], 2))

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"shawn" <shawn.abbott@mrgasket.com> wrote in message
> I am importing data from an OBDC datasource.  One of the
> fields is a date field that imports in this
> format "20040818", as a number.  I am trying to convert
> this value to a date format and have had no luck.  If
> anyone can provide assistance, I am grateful...

0
Ken
8/18/2004 6:55:40 PM
MANY,MANY THANKS!!  Works perfectly.

0
anonymous
8/18/2004 7:16:35 PM
You're welcome.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

> MANY,MANY THANKS!!  Works perfectly.

0
Ken

Configuring shared mailbox challenge...pls help
Hi, My requirement: End users should open their outlook w/o going through initial configuration of their profile. How I already met this requirement: I published outlook using Citrix to users > created a .prf file that contains all configurations required to start outlook w/o users providing any configurations > published outlook.exe filename.prf. Well, this works w/o any problems. Suddenly, i realised that users cannot save any of their own settings permenantly in Outlook; because after user logs off, the setting disappears because it will again pick up from the .prf file. Fo...

filter by date and action

Help Please re expenential
Help anyone please, I want to trend some numbers from a graph The formula the trendline options has given is y=1.1433e to power of .352x. If 2.5 is x what is the excel formula. is it Exp(1.1433)^(.352*2.5) Help please Thanks You need; =1.1433*EXP( 0.352*x) In math, we can write e^x or exp(x) for the same thing. Be sure to format the trendline equation to show lots of digits (eg 1.143295768) or else your answer will be inaccurate best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Hugh" <hugh@jago.to> wrote in message news:ctg4...

HELP! OWA stops responding, Inetinfo.exe seems to hang.
For the past few days I have been having a problem with an Exchange2k3 SP2 server. Sporadically I get these messages in my app event logs: Source: Application Error Category:(100) EventID:1000 Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module davex.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, fault address 0x0005dfcd. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Source W3SVC-WP Category:None EventID:2273 Worker process could not access metabase due to disconnection error. Marking process as unhealthy. For more information, see Help an...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Tricky Formula.. Please Help
I have created a time roster.. easy in each day I have start,end and break deduction.. still no probs I need to create an output formula for hours worked after a 16:00 from the start and end range on a day. So in the roster it will still display normal hours, however I will create a field for hours after 16:00. this is for calculating a different wage rate. Thanks Aaron See response in .programming -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Aaron H" <aaron@istarnetworks.com.au> wrote in message news:uU96kXI$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... ...

Need help w/ MERGE syntax
Hi, This must be the simplest MERGE statement but I can't get the syntax right. I'm trying to update a user's personal data. If the user's data already are in the Users table, I need to do an update i.e. if UserID exists in the table, do an UPDATE. If UserID does not exist in the table, then do an INSERT. For simplicity, let's say, I'm just trying to INSERT/UPDATE user's email address. Thanks for your help. -- Thanks, Sam Hi, For for clarification, I'm dealing with a single table i.e. Users which -- again for simplicity -- looks li...

Post Dated Checks

ocx abd 97 to 2000 conversion
I have an Access 97 database using comdlg32.ocx which works fine. I have setup a new machine with Access 2000 on it. On opening the database in Access 2000, error message "One or more forms or reports contains an activex control that cannot be loaded - These controls will not function properly until you register them, open the forms or reports in design view and save the forms or reports". The rest of the open process proceeds without hitch. Also, if a form containing the comdlg32.ocx control is opened everything operates as normal except that if the button (which invokes ...

Help with an Excel formula
Hey, wondering if anyone can help me with a formula i need it to recognise that if the answer is negative it needs to be red. I think i need an if/then statement but do not know how?? Eg say the formula was just simply = F15-G15 then i need something to say if this anwer is negative then highlight red any help would be great thanks Create a custom format. Right click on the cell, choose Format Cells... On the Number tab, choose Custom. Try one of the formats with [Red] in it. If you like it, great. If not, you can create your own format. The rule is anythi...

How to sort by name then date?

Help with an array
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4391B.93740150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =3D{SUM(VLOOKUP($B36,Returns,COLUMN(INDIRECT($B$5:$B$25)))*D$5:D$25)} This formula won't work as an array, but it will work like this: =3D(VLOOKUP($B36,Returns,COLUMN(INDIRECT($B$5))*D$5 Either way, the Vlookup portion works okay, as does INDIRECT, but the = COLUMN stops working when I convert it to an array. Help is sincerely appreciated! ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp....

strange date format problem

help with a formula please
Hello I have a text field '2007 Aug' , which I want to turn into a date 15/8/2007 so I can do some calculations with it. I've tried splitting the field etc but I'm getting into a real mess. Can someone help me with the formula pls ?? Thanks KK On dec. 9, 13:55, "KRK" <tre...@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > Hello > > I have a text field =A0'2007 Aug' , which I want to turn into a date 15/8= /2007 > so I can do some calculations with it. I've tried splitting the field etc > but I'm getting into a r...

Pre & Post stored procedures. Please explain these.
Hello, can someone explain to me what the Pre & Post stored procedures are and how to use them? Are these user modifiable? Can I add my own parameters? I guess I can't understand how I can use these parameters to make customizations to GPs built in sps unless I can update whatever I want. For example, what if I need to make a change to say ACTINDX and there is no input parameter for ACTINDX. Do I just add it? I'm confused on how to use these procedures. I'd appreciate an explanation and examples. TIA G GiJeet, I would assume you are talking about the eConnect pre and po...

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

outlook 2003 email options help
When I open the new message window, I have to manually entire the entire outgoing address or scroll through a long list of contacts. Is there a way to make the To: feild recognize/query/automatch a contact after I've entered the first couple letters in the outgoing address bar? Yes. That feature is enabled by default. Have you sent enough messages to have populated your autocompletion cache? You won't see it working until you do. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bree" <sabreaz01@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:151d301c4468b$2e7b0870$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When...