Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP

I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it
on my business PC.  I also need to upgrade this program.
Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work?  Also, if the
software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on
my business computer as well?

Thank you.
0
elizabeth

No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on
your home PC is only licensed for you home PC.

If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full
installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business
machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machine at your
business, you would need to buy a license for each installation of the newer
version.

An alternative is to de-install Access/Office 2000 on your home computer and
install on your business computer and buying an upgrade to Access
2002/2003/Office 2003; realizing that you can not install Access back to
your home computer.

"elizabeth@healingjourneys.org" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:4f7201c3fff5$2fb38370$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it
> on my business PC.  I also need to upgrade this program.
> Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work?  Also, if the
> software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on
> my business computer as well?
>
> Thank you.

0
GVaught

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Outlook 2003: Attachment Icon doesn't print
All users in a subsidiary office share this attachment icon problem: they see the paper clip in the attachment field prior to opening the e-mail message, and they also see the icon in the opened e-mail (sometimes located below the subject line in the heading, and sometimes located in the body of the e-mail). When they print the message, the icon fails to appear. It will print when you print the message in Plain Text. For HTML it will be fixed in SP1 which is coming soon! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an O...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Help with programming Access 2003
I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like to have a feature like an autonumber for sorting the movies in their cases. I have the movies broken up into A(dult) and K(id) I would like to have the autonumber have either the a for adult or k for kid then the number. However I have no idea on how to achieve this....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your help On Dec 18, 7:22 pm, samurai71 <samura...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like > to have a feature like an a...

Unable to access my new mails
Hi, I have been using OUTLOOK since 5 months and never had a problem, but since last week, I m unable to watch new emails. When I click send/recieve button, it shows there are lot of messages are scanning, but when its dont there is nothing in my inbox. So I think server is receiving my mails but unable to present those on screen. Please help me out, since its the only way to be in touch with my world. Give me a suggestion abt this matter. ...

How To Pre-Define Username Settings For Outlook 2003 Client In Roaming Profiles
I have a generic default user profile that is setup for our organization and lives in the netlogon share. Whenever I make changes to the roaming profiles I delete the users profiles and they get a new copy of the default user profile to call their own when they next log on. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to have Outlook 2003 auto-setup for the users. In Outlook 2000 I could simply setup the profile up without a username and then make that profile available to them. When they logged in and acquired a copy of the profile, the missing username field in Outlook, auto-populated with...

OutLook 2003 SP1
Dear all, I've a problem with my medium-sized PST (1.1Gb, local hard drive). When I try to move message from this PST to another local PST (old_messages_04) I got this error message: "Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied". ScanDisk corrected some issue on PST files, and I already ran SCANPST.exe, but I got the same error. Could you help me? Did you've any site/links to follow? I altrady tried to look for help on internet unsuccesfully. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance ...

Convert Access97 to 2000

ADSL - WIFI
NETWORK: Conexant ADSL SOHO Router 4 Port Switch. DHCP=10.0.0.3 to 6, Fixed IP of 10.0.0.2 3Com WiFi 11b & 54g Fixed IP of 10.0.0.1, Currently No DHCP, No WEP, MAC Address selection SET to Users. ESSID not broadcasted. PC(1) Toshiba Satellite Pro - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Fixed PROXY set & WiFi 54g PCMCIA (Home Only) Currently IP=10.0.0.5,DNS=10.0.0.2 PC(2) Toshiba Portege - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Auto & Built in 11b WiFi = IP Auto, DNS Auto. Both XP Pro PCs belong to professionals set up on different Domains who only want to get wireless internet access not local network. DI...

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Configure regional settings and language from access VBA
Hi all i build automation in access that updates the data base one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on the characters is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the language that the windows use ((for example i had problem when the language in the regional language settings was on german ...

Access DAO vs ADO Recordsets
I'm trying to optimize some Access 2002 code, and I've hit a stumbling block. We use Access as our frontend, and SQL Server as our backend. Here's a code fragment from the old implementation of a search for a specific record: ================================= ' Set focus to NdvID and search API_Sleep 200 'MsgBox "DoCmd.FindRecord " & vNdvID & "," & acEntire & "," & False & ", ," & False & ", ," & True Me.txtNdvID.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord vNdvID, acEntire, False, , ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Hyperlinks in 2000
I am having a problem with hyperlinks in publisher 2000. I have check the help and it says to go to insert and then hyperlink only that option does not exist? Any ideas how I can create a hyperlink using 2000...Any help would be greatly appreciated. J That only applies in a web publication not a print publication. Either create a web publication or convert to web the print publication. And for future reference visit http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx &qu...

outlook 2003 #93
we are a tax accounting firm and we are using Outlook 2003. However the various accounts are losing their appointments. We are running exchange server and windows 2000 server. we have 4 accountants and apx 10 employees at this time of year all using outlook 2003. in the off season we don't loose any client appointments could it be possible that the program is being overloaded. I find my self manually deleting the active directory event log almost everyday. someone please give me some suggestion or possiblities for this problem. I'm not sure about Outlook 2003 but in past ...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Problems with "CommitFile" with EWF from Win XP embedded
Hello NG Maybe it's a little off-topic, but has anyone an idea, why the "EwfMgrCommitFile" Function does not seem to work? If I change a file, call the EwfMgrCommitFile function, I get a "successful" return code and everything seems to be OK, but if I restart the system, the file is old. Is there anything I forgot? Regards Eunet Eunet, Post your question to microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded. If you don't get that NG from your news server use the msnews.microsoft.com server. I also suggest that you provide more information such as which mode of EWF you...

How do I set outlook 2003 to always switch to HTML in replies?
I receive e-mails from someone on a regular basis who is using Outlook 2003 on an exchange 2003 server. Often when I want to reply the e-mail is set to TXT and I want to reply html. I have to switch it manually each time. Is there a way to make it autoreply HTML without switching each time? Thanks "boe" <boe_d@dontspamhotmail.com> wrote in message news:uVKUXV02GHA.4748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I receive e-mails from someone on a regular basis who is using Outlook 2003 >on an exchange 2003 server. Often when I want to reply the e-mail is set >to TXT and I...

Convert