Convert Access 2000 to Access 97 06-22-04

I needed to convert an Access 2000 db to 97.  The
Converted database will run on Windows 98 but on Windows
2000 I get an error when I run some of the select queries
(the select query is pulling from other queries, not
tables).  The error is "MSAccess.exe has generated errors
and will be closed by Windows.  You will need to restart
the program."  This is a pretty generic error and I can't
seem to find anything helpful.  Has anyone run into a
similar problem?
0
Ruth

My main Access program, supplied in runtime 97 & 2k, does not run in A97 on
Win2k or WinXP for the reason you state. On many PC trials.

Most people will probably state A97 runs fine (for them) on these platforms. I
say it doesn't. I accepted it may well be just my particular program, but you
have another report.

(Not what you want to hear, but I just make them upgrade. It was easier than
spending months deleting everything out of the db, then putting it back, just
to find out what didn't run which Microsoft wouldn't fix anyway)
(I assume you did a complete cleanup)

Chris

"Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I needed to convert an Access 2000 db to 97.  The
> Converted database will run on Windows 98 but on Windows
> 2000 I get an error when I run some of the select queries
> (the select query is pulling from other queries, not
> tables).  The error is "MSAccess.exe has generated errors
> and will be closed by Windows.  You will need to restart
> the program."  This is a pretty generic error and I can't
> seem to find anything helpful.  Has anyone run into a
> similar problem?

0
Chris
6/23/2004 3:30:04 AM
We've been developing A97 programs on Win2K for the last
4 years. No problems.

(david)

"Chris Mills" <phad_nospam@cleardotnet.nz> wrote in message
> My main Access program, supplied in runtime 97 & 2k, does not run in A97
on
> Win2k or WinXP for the reason you state. On many PC trials.
>
> Most people will probably state A97 runs fine (for them) on these
platforms. I
> say it doesn't. I accepted it may well be just my particular program, but
you
> have another report.
>
> (Not what you want to hear, but I just make them upgrade. It was easier
than
> spending months deleting everything out of the db, then putting it back,
just
> to find out what didn't run which Microsoft wouldn't fix anyway)
> (I assume you did a complete cleanup)
>
> Chris
>
> "Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I needed to convert an Access 2000 db to 97.  The
> > Converted database will run on Windows 98 but on Windows
> > 2000 I get an error when I run some of the select queries
> > (the select query is pulling from other queries, not
> > tables).  The error is "MSAccess.exe has generated errors
> > and will be closed by Windows.  You will need to restart
> > the program."  This is a pretty generic error and I can't
> > seem to find anything helpful.  Has anyone run into a
> > similar problem?

0
david
6/29/2004 6:03:09 AM
There are some generic solutions.
1) Check your references
(and change back from DAO 3.6 to DAO 3.5)
2) Decompile and Compact.
3) Import all objects into a new database.

FWIW, I swap one of my programs back and forth
between A97 and A2K on Windows 2K without any
particular problems.

If you are having particular problems with
MSAccess.exe on your Win2K PC, you can also
try running it in Compatibility Mode - although
that has never been necessary for me

(david)

"Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I needed to convert an Access 2000 db to 97.  The
> Converted database will run on Windows 98 but on Windows
> 2000 I get an error when I run some of the select queries
> (the select query is pulling from other queries, not
> tables).  The error is "MSAccess.exe has generated errors
> and will be closed by Windows.  You will need to restart
> the program."  This is a pretty generic error and I can't
> seem to find anything helpful.  Has anyone run into a
> similar problem?

0
david
6/29/2004 6:11:32 AM
> We've been developing A97 programs on Win2K for the last
> 4 years. No problems.

Excellent! I'm sending mine to you. (not really)

Chris :-)

0
Chris

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

"Functions Displaying", & Old Excel 97 ?
Hello, Really embarased to ask, but: Using an old copy of Excel "97" Where do I find the list of Functions that are available (on what pull-down menu), and how do I display them, please ? Just can't seem to find them on any of the items that displays. How can I get an icon to allow easy access to them on one of the toolbars ? Thank you, B. Excel's help is nice(?). Look for Functions. and... Take a look at Peter Nonely's workbook that describes lots of functions: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/ Norman Harker has his version at Debra Dalgleish's si...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Outlook 2007 Voice Access
Hello, Exchange 2007 SP1, Outlook 2007 SP2. We disabled the functionnality of Outlook Voice Access (OVA) to play e- mail messages on the phone - and limited it only to listen to voice messages. But we just noticed that when you disable this e-mail reading feature, OVA does not tell you how many NEW voice messages you have in your mailbox (they have not been read in Outlook and are still marked as unread). You can however continue and listen to them. So for me the TUIAccessToEmailEnabled PowerShell command set to $false also prevents knowing how many NEW voice messages we have...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Help with programming Access 2003
I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like to have a feature like an autonumber for sorting the movies in their cases. I have the movies broken up into A(dult) and K(id) I would like to have the autonumber have either the a for adult or k for kid then the number. However I have no idea on how to achieve this....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your help On Dec 18, 7:22 pm, samurai71 <samura...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am doing a database of my families movie collection and I would like > to have a feature like an a...

Unable to access my new mails
Hi, I have been using OUTLOOK since 5 months and never had a problem, but since last week, I m unable to watch new emails. When I click send/recieve button, it shows there are lot of messages are scanning, but when its dont there is nothing in my inbox. So I think server is receiving my mails but unable to present those on screen. Please help me out, since its the only way to be in touch with my world. Give me a suggestion abt this matter. ...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

ADSL - WIFI
NETWORK: Conexant ADSL SOHO Router 4 Port Switch. DHCP=10.0.0.3 to 6, Fixed IP of 10.0.0.2 3Com WiFi 11b & 54g Fixed IP of 10.0.0.1, Currently No DHCP, No WEP, MAC Address selection SET to Users. ESSID not broadcasted. PC(1) Toshiba Satellite Pro - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Fixed PROXY set & WiFi 54g PCMCIA (Home Only) Currently IP=10.0.0.5,DNS=10.0.0.2 PC(2) Toshiba Portege - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Auto & Built in 11b WiFi = IP Auto, DNS Auto. Both XP Pro PCs belong to professionals set up on different Domains who only want to get wireless internet access not local network. DI...

Configure regional settings and language from access VBA
Hi all i build automation in access that updates the data base one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on the characters is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the language that the windows use ((for example i had problem when the language in the regional language settings was on german ...

Access DAO vs ADO Recordsets
I'm trying to optimize some Access 2002 code, and I've hit a stumbling block. We use Access as our frontend, and SQL Server as our backend. Here's a code fragment from the old implementation of a search for a specific record: ================================= ' Set focus to NdvID and search API_Sleep 200 'MsgBox "DoCmd.FindRecord " & vNdvID & "," & acEntire & "," & False & ", ," & False & ", ," & True Me.txtNdvID.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord vNdvID, acEntire, False, , ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Hyperlinks in 2000
I am having a problem with hyperlinks in publisher 2000. I have check the help and it says to go to insert and then hyperlink only that option does not exist? Any ideas how I can create a hyperlink using 2000...Any help would be greatly appreciated. J That only applies in a web publication not a print publication. Either create a web publication or convert to web the print publication. And for future reference visit http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx &qu...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Outlook Locks up, A program is trying to access your email
We have started getting a popup window saying that a program is trying to access your email. We click no about 5-10 times and then outlook locks up. We have to end task to use it again. Is there a way to find out what program is trying to access my email. Or to find out what the problem is. I look forward to the solutions. I have run scanpst.exe I have update office xp to sp3 I have run spybot, adware I have rud live update (norton) I have a pocket pc but do not sync email on that computer and it happens when it is not connected. Thanks Rafael See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/...

How to access vrge file
I work at a law firm and need to review a number of vrge files. Are vrge file individual email files or are they the equivalent of a pst file which is a collection of emails, calendar, contacts, etc? We don't use Macs so we need the ability to view on a PC if possible. If that is NOT possible we can borrow a Mac. What is the best way to be able to view these vrge files on any platform? Thanks, Tom On 2/12/10 8:35 AM, in article FF3C8F86-C268-4129-96D3-693FD6F511CB@microsoft.com, "SoxFaninVA" <tjubb@hot.mail.spam.com> wrote: > I work at a law f...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Access 2007 bug?
Hi All, is there a known bug for an issue with access 2007, sometimes when I select the After_update event when in visual basic say for a option radio button or a text box, Access stops working and then restarts offering me the option to save a back up of my database, has anyone else had this problem? (vista user) Thanks That can be caused by a number of things, but often portends some corruption in your file. Make sure you do several "Compact & Repair" actions to clear it up. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://ww...

Numbers converting to decimal