Constant need to repair Access 2000 database converted from Access 97

We were using an Access 97 database for a couple of years
with no problems.  Since it was converted to Access 2000
it needs to be repaired multiple times a day.  What could
be causing this?  Thanks
0
Frank

"Frank Acquaviva" <Frank.Acquaviva@exeloncorp.com> wrote:

>We were using an Access 97 database for a couple of years
>with no problems.  Since it was converted to Access 2000
>it needs to be repaired multiple times a day.  What could
>be causing this?

This is very likely to be the OpLocks problem.  See the Access
corruptions page at my website.

It could also be not having split your MDB into a FE/BE.

You want to split the MDB into a front end containing the queries,
forms, reports, macros and modules with just the tables and
relationships.  The FE is copied to each network users computer.   The
FE MDB is linked to the tables in the back end MDB which resides on a
server.    You make updates to the FE MDB and distribute them to the
users, likely as an MDE.

See the "Splitting your app into a front end and back end Tips" page
at my website for more info.  See the Auto FE Updater downloads page
at my website to make this relatively painless..   It also supports
Terminal Server/Citrix quite nicely.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Need Help #4
Hi, I have to develop an application in vc++ using Win32API's for drawing a menu with 3 choices of drawing a line,circle and square. As i m new to this language, I am not able to do this. Can anyone please help me out in this regard. Thanks, Kapil Kapil wrote: > Hi, > > I have to develop an application in vc++ using Win32API's for drawing > a menu with 3 choices of drawing a line,circle and square. As i m new > to this language, I am not able to do this. Can anyone please help me > out in this regard. Search codeguru and codeproject for examples of "owner ...

constant trouble
i am having real difficulty with office publisher, it wont open the wizard saying it is missing a pro11.msi file . Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks alot james Open help, click detect and repair What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James" <fatistuta2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1b95101c44ff7$6f6b5cc0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i am having real difficulty with office publisher, it > wont open the wizard saying it is missing a pro11.msi > file . Any h...

Need to create inventory, customer in excel
Trying to get several files such as inventory, customer, vendor, etc. over to a MS Excel file. I need all data fields offered brought over. Dan There are 2 ways, 1. Open report giving you desired info. select coulmns (Show hide columns) you want, there is an option at the top to export it to any desired format. (try CSV.) 2. Go to administrator, use SQL query to give you all required fields. Go to File > Export to export it to CSV format. Sagar "Dan'O" wrote: > Trying to get several files such as inventory, customer, vendor, etc. over to > a MS Excel file. I ne...

I need to hide points on a line chart if the value is ZERO
I'm using a line chart to display my info. I only have to show the points on the graph. I found where to hide the line so only the points show. The only problem is if I have a value of zero it's displaying a point at ZERO on the axis, this is not what I want. I can't find where / how to (remove or hide) point if a value of ZERO. Is this possible? Please advise Hi, If you do not want the zero to show you can do one of the following - delete it and have empty cell instead - type #N/A - use formula =NA() Select chart and use Tools > Options > Chart and make sure the Pl...

Access 2007 Email Data Collection
Hi. I am conveting an existing Access 2000 application to 2007 and would like to add the functionality provided by the new Email Data Collection Wizard. My users are used to sending emails from withing the Access application by just pushing button. I would like to provide the wizard's functionality with VBA programming. I'm already familiar with code to open an Outlook session, create email messages and send messages using VBA. I'm assuming there is a way to send the data collection form programatically as well. Can anyone point me to the documentation for this new fu...

Lotes Notes DB migration to Access
Does anyone know of a tool to migrate text-based databases from Lotus Notes 4.6 to Access 2002 ...

Do I need additional software (excel) on EMachine?
I was told by my sppplier, my emachine was ready for me to use excel. I downloaded Excel/2000 and could not find an icon. I called microsoft and was told I would have to purchase additional software ($149.00) in order to use excel. Who is right? Hi AFAIK there's no legal way to download Excel. Maybe you mean the Excel/Office 2003 trial version? So probably your supplier meant your machine is 'ready' / able to use Excel but not supply Excel with it -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany kdenaar wrote: > I was told by my sppplier, my emachine was ready for me to use e...

How do I get Visio 2003 to update shapes from Visio 2000?
I have upgraded to isio 2003 and when opening drawings created in Visio 2000, I get a message that says "The MS Visio building plan shapes in the drawing must be updated to function in the current version of Visio." When I click 'Yes", all the shapes are deleted. When I click "No", it opens with the shapes intact. Any way to point Visio 2003 to the Visio 2000 shapes? ...

DPM 2007 does not see SQL 2005 Analysis Services Database
Hi ! We have DPM 2007 latest hotfix running and protecting a server with SQL 2005 and SQL 2000 installed. Also Analysis Services for SQL 2005 installed on that server which has a database mounted. When modifying the protection group I see the SQL 2000 instance and the SQL 2005 instance but I do not see the Analysis Services Database or instance in DPM. How can I backup that database with DPM ? Thanks for your help, Alex ...

Syntax for dates in business alerts needed
If I know the table and field, what is the syntax in a business alert to send an alert if a PO was approved in the last two days? Something along the lines of: "IF last printed date is > SYSDATE - 2; or phrased in business alert speak, IF POSTATUS = 2 AND POP10100_T1.PRMDATE >= DATEADD(DAY, -30, DATEADD(DAY, -3, GETDATE()) Monson, The keyword in your question is "Approved", which means you are currently using the Purchase Order Enhancements module. What this means is if you want to see the purchase orders approved in the last 2 days you will have to look in th...

Can you help me make a simple database / template
I need help making a database to track all my financial account info. I want to keep track of all my accounts payable and receivable. I have already set up 2 tables. 1) The contact information for my accounts 2)The specific account information (Acct #, monthly payment amt, due dates, current/delinquent credit reporting status, account type) I still need a table for all the receipts I have, and a table for my job incomes. I want to be able to enter new information as needed, and also be able to search through the information. Such as all the accounts that I have at one plac...

constants
How to you keep a number constant in a formula on the next cell? Example: Formula on line A5 =sum(A1*20) and I want the 20 to remain the same in the formula on the next cell. Thanks! Hi try =$A$1*20 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:68E23F17-70D6-45F0-AE23-536E49E78D67@microsoft.com... > How to you keep a number constant in a formula on the next cell? > > Example: > Formula on line A5 > =sum(A1*20) > and I want the 20 to remain the same in the formula on the next cell. &...

OWA, access meeting labels
Hello: We are looking for a way to modify meeting labels (the color of the meeting entry in the Outlook Calendar) in Outlook Web Access. We have been looking around for 3rd party products that may support this, but so far we have not found anything. Does anybody know of any products, that will give users access to the "label" attribute for meetings in Outlook Web Access? Thanks in advance.... -- Chris If you're adventurous, you can pretty much modify whatever you like through the CSS files somewhere under the exchweb/ directory. If you have E2K3, you might find them under P...

Need help with Formula #8
Hi people, i am having a little trouble with a formula that i am trying to use and would appreciate any help. I am trying to divide a particular cell by 30 to get daily dollar average. In the cell that i would like the average to appear in, i used the following formula... "=(D25/30)" My problem is two fold: 1. The result it is giving me, is not being expressed as a dollar amount; for instance, i need the result to display as $128.80, instead it is being displayed as "128.80". 2. It is not rounding up to a traditional dollar amount, instead it is giving me a number ...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Access 2007 SP1
After installation of SP1, the size of database is not reduced by compact function in Access. is it bug? Thanks. Tony "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> wrote: >After installation of SP1, the size of database is not reduced by compact >function in Access. > >is it bug? Thanks. No, I wouldn't expect a Service Pack to reduce the size of an MDB after compacting. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting ...

Office 2001 for Mac help needed!
As an undergrad, I received a copy of Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac and it is installed on my iMac that I used there. However, I just bought a new MacBook for graduate school and need to install Office on that computer now, but when I put the disk in and double click on install it wont work. All of the icons have an x on them and I believe it says it "This application cannot run on this system" or something to that effect. HELP! I need Office asap since classes start this week! Thank you Laura Hi Laura - Your best bet is to hie thee to the university bookstore & get the u...

What has been apparent among all of the Bvlgari Company's watches is its amazing ability to constantly be ahead of its time. It constantly is producing timepieces that are amazing designing and new
What has been apparent among all of the Bvlgari Company's watches is its amazing ability to constantly be ahead of its time. It constantly is producing timepieces that are amazing designing and new features that no other watch company has displayed. And because of this, it has stayed in the light of the public and is growing every year in popularity. at・3校salereplicawatch.com Today, Bulgari Time in Neuchatel, Switzerland has a staff of around 500. It is one of the only companies in the world that is capable of providing assembly and its own production as well. Because of its car...

window logon screen prompting when accessing network via domain na
Dear all, Anyone can help me? One of my users would like to connect to one of our storage server via domain name instead of IP Address. Then whenever, she connect to \\myserver\myfolder. It keep prompting her to input her AD account (mydomain\myuser) and password (mypassword). She tried to input but was not able to connect to \\myserver\myfolder I have tried using my account which is the administrator rights. And I tried to do ipconfig/flushdns. Also cannot. I am able to ping the server "ping myserver" from her laptop. Pls help. Regards Sandra ...

need a rule to filter attechment of 1byte
hola: my problem is easy, a need to create a rule to filter all emails that comes w/ attachment of 1kb. Easy Any help thanks ivan ...

Help needed on
Here is my problem: 1) I have two tables Table1 and Table2 where Table1 contains a Text field of references to Primary Keys in Table2 in the form "5,6,8,9" 2) I have created a new table, Table3 to store this information properly as columns "Table1ID" and "Table2ID" How do I actually go about getting the Text string out of Table1 and into Table3 as N number of records? Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim rsCurr As DAO.Recordset Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strSQL As String Dim strKeys As String Dim varKeys As Variant Set dbCurr = CurrentDb() Set rsCurr = dbCurr...

Constant Logon Prompt
Hi I am logged in as an admin and I have Outlook 2003 client installed. It is constantly prompting me for login credentials I supply them but no go. I do not know why this has happened. I am now unable to open my mailbox on the server Thoughts? Ian Ian McCulloch <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am logged in as an admin and I have Outlook 2003 client installed. > It is constantly prompting me for login credentials > > I supply them but no go. > > I do not know why this has happened. I am now unable to open my > mailbox on the server S...

in dire need of chem help!!!
the formula is the numerator=log[K18 x(G17)m(as a superscript)/K17 (G18)m (as a superscript) the denominator is log[ H18 x H17] How do I enter the formula into excel using the cell locations? I do not know where the parentheses, etc. go. Try the following:- =LOG(K18*(G17^3))/(K17*G18*(G17^3)) Don't really need the brackets round the G17^3 bit, but it helps me to read the formula. The 3 represents your m and can be replaced with a cell reference. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ----...

Need help on very simple scatter chart.
I'm using Access 2007. My table looks something like this: x y -3 -5 -2 7 4 -2 7 8 I want a simple scatter chart that looks something like this: + | + | | ------------------------------------------------ | | + + | It seems like it should be easy but I can't even come close! Help! ...

Problem converting from MFC70 to MFC71
I have an application created largely under MFC70. However I have moved to the more recent version of the VC++ compiler and Visual Studio. I opened my project in the new visual studio and it seemed to convert the project the the new environment with no errors. When I link my project if fails with the following message: Link : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc70d.lib'. How do I get the linker to point to the new mfc71d.lib? I cannot find any options in the project settings to help me. I am aware I could copy the old libraries to the various directories, but tha...