Checkboxes in Excel to Access

Hi All,

I need to convert an Excel table into Access however the Excel tabl
contains checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get the values from th
checkbox, ie T/F, referenced. Any ideas will be much appreciated
Thank

--
rodmasters23Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

0
rodmasters23

What happens when you import the Excel data into an Access table?

--
More info, please ...

Jeff Boyce
<Office/Access MVP>

"rodmasters23" <rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> Hi All,
>
> I need to convert an Excel table into Access however the Excel table
> contains checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get the values from the
> checkbox, ie T/F, referenced. Any ideas will be much appreciated.
> Thanks
>

> --
> rodmasters23Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
Jeff

Making attribute a checkbox
How do you make an attribute a checkbox -- donn Hi, In Customization, open the entity. Than open click on Forms and Views and open the Form. Double click on bit type of field. In new window, the second tab will be formatting. You will have option in bottom, "Control Formatting" here you can choose the desrired format. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Donald" wrote: > How do you make an attribute a checkbox > -- > donn Create a bit field an...

foot notes in excell
Is it possible to create foot notes in excel? I do hope so! Hi, you can insert a comment in a cell by right clicking and 'insert comment'. Excel has footers/headers you can put information in View|Heaser and Footer. Mike "Rene" wrote: > Is it possible to create foot notes in excel? I do hope so! No such thing as footnotes in Excel. You can place up to 255 characters in a footer but that won't show unless you are printing or in print preview. Would cell Comments suffice? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:44:00 -0800, Rene <Rene@discussions...

Writing complicated If statement in Excel
I am trying to write the following in excel, I know how to do it in VB but was told that you can also write it in excel and I would like t know how, would appreciate all your help. It is an option pricin model and all I want to say is: For K and F, if K=F then return "atm" If K<F then return as follows: (K-F)/F and "itm" (% that option is i the money) If K>F then return as follows: (F-K)/F and "otm" (% that option is ou of the money) Thank you. Jenu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(K1=F1,"atm",IF(K1<F1),TEX...

Visual Basic in Excel 2007
I have used a visual basic routine to save the date and time when I save an Excel file. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(By Val SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Worksheets("Worksheet name").Range("Celled").Value = Now() End Sub I recently saved the file as an *.xlsm file with a password required to open the file. (A password is not required to modify the file) As long as the file is password protected, the routine does not work. As soon as I remove the password to open the file, the routine works as it normally does. In the trust center: I have enable...

recover excel files
I have a file on a floppy disk and when i try and open it in excel 2000, it opens the book but none of the information is displayed. Ive tried to recover the info via demo recovery software, and most of them dont seem to work. Is there anyway of recovering the data from the disk. Cheers M Hi M! Rules 1-10: Never work to and from Floppy discs in Excel. Always use Explorer to copy to the hard drive, work on the hard drive copy, save back to the hard drive and use Explorer to copy back to floppy Now for recovery! Here's a resource post on recovery of corrupted files. I've che...

OWA Access for users in SubDomain
Users in subdomain are not able to logon and use owa. All Mailboxes in Root Domain, Ex Server configured with local security policy, "Log on as Locally" for subdomain and "Access this computer from the network" for subdomain. Users with accounts in root domain can access owa with no problems. Access given to Exchnsrv/bin for subdomain users Server W2000 Sp4, Ex 2000 SP3 Any ideas Did you setup a Recipient Update Service for the child domain? If so do the users have e-mail addresses? If not they won't be able to get into OWA. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This ...

Excel printing #4
In printing in Excel the "Print What" defaults to "Active Sheets". It used to default to "Selection". Any suggestions as to how I can get the default back to how it was? Michael >> It used to default to "Selection". I really don't think that is true, Michael. The VBE is smart enough to do that but I do not believe Excel has ever defaulted to printing the selection when more than one cell is selected when the Print dialog is opened. If this is something you need it wouldn't be hard to write a macro to handle it. -- Jim "M...

Excel has stopped showing graphs on seperate chart tabs
All chart only worksheets appear as the vacant background (as if no file is open) yet the worksheet tabs are all visible. Charts embedded in a worksheet show OK. This applies to all files created or historic 97-2003 type files. What's causing it and what can I do? ...

Embed Fonts on Excel File
I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there is no problem to display and print this document from my PC, but when I try on another PC which do not have installed the GDT font, this is missed. on solution could be install GDT font on all PC where is needed, but not always is possible to do it how can I save the font with the excel file? on office word there is an option to embed fonts on document (save options) to avoid this situation anybody help me .. You can do it in word, but not excel. Henry wrote: > > I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there ...

windows excel to mac excel

How to merge two Excel Files. #2
im using Office XP, and i have some data in 4to5 different files, i want ot merge all that files, can anybody help me.... thax in advance. Brijesh Parmar --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003 The big question is whether your files have "similar or the exact same (hopefully) layout. If the latter, I'd just create a new workbook and copy and paste each of your 5 to the new master <<a simplified approach>>. "Brijesh" <parmarb...

cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why?
cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why? Is the worksheet protected? Regards |:>) On 8/22/05 6:15 PM, in article 3CFE1BC7-8E8A-47B4-B03F-7D3C6B0C4803@microsoft.com, "Steve Epstein" <SteveEpstein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > cannot access conditional formating for a cell, why? ...

Share of Excel in the market
Does anyone know the number of the share of Excel in the market today ? I want to write its number down on my report, which I've been composing , but I couldn't find it. Would you please tell me how much the share of Excel is ? I hope you would help me and also if you don't mind, please tell me URL or something where you found the information. Hope to hear from you. This may help.......... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "keatonbus@gmail.com" wrote: > Does anyone know the number of the share of Excel in the market today ?...

Concatenate cells in Pocket Excel
Hello, I have a PDA, and I'm trying to merge, or concatenate, cells in Pocket Excel. Unfortunately there is no "concatenate" function, nor am I able to use "&" as in the desktop version of Excel. Any ideas of how to get around this? :confused: Many thanks!! -- jrd05719 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jrd05719's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=379669 ...

Why does the font change when copying between Excel workbooks
I receive workbooks from colleagues for collation into a single workbook. When I try to copy data between workbooks, it is not pasted with the font properties of the original data or the default properties of the receiving workbook, even if those fonts are identical, but in some font with an uninteligible oriental character name. Can anybody tell me why this is? You don't have the same fonts as your colleagues on your local machine. "Paul Newbery CSC" wrote: > I receive workbooks from colleagues for collation into a single workbook. > When I try to copy data betwee...

Importing Excel File
I would like to import several Excel files into my current spreadsheet. The files that I want to import have multiple tabs with links. Is there an easy way to import the whole file (including tabs and links) into my current Excel spreadsheet? You could group the multiple tabs (worksheets) of one spreadsheet (workbook), (having the target workbook open), right click on the grouped worksheets, choose move/copy... To the target workbook. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to import several Excel files into my >current spreadsheet. The files that I want to import >...

Q: Excel function
Hello, Grade Letter 100-96 A 95-90 A- 89-87 B+ 86-82 B 81-80 B- 79-77 C+ 76-72 C 71-70 C- 69-67 D+ 66-62 D 61-60 D- 59 or < F A column keeps Grade, wow can I get Excel figure out Letter in B column? Thanks, Jim. Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "JIM.H." <JIMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CB34ABE-07E6-4BC3-AFE4-453B736C6DF8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Grade Letter > 100-96 A > 95-90 A- > 89-87 B+ > 86-82 B > 81-80 B- > 79-77 C+ > 76-72 C > 71-70 C- > 69-...

how do I add barcodes to excel spreadsheets? e.g. 0000, not as 1
"Fola" <Fola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:934E4D31-2174-4B92-88BB-CEF5A594C2B8@microsoft.com... >Nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post (i.e. the big white space) and NOT just the subject as it very often gets truncated like yours possibly has Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm You need to install special Barcode fonts - some are free, others are not. Do a Google... ...

Excel and events
I would like to write to an event log named 'Trackers' that records a users name and machine everytime a specific execl workbook is updated, can this be done? How do I go about making the event log? Thanks -lumpjaw Hi You would need to enter something like the following in a Workbook event before save. This will open a file called Tracker.txt in the same folder as the workbook, and add a row with the relevant details for you. This must be pasted into the ThisWorkbook module, NOT in a standard module. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As B...

Multiple Excel Files do not open in Alphabetical Order
I want to open Multiple Excel Files, they are listed alphabetically in My Documents, but they do not open in the same order, when I go to the Windows Menu they are in listed sometimes in reverse or no particular order at all. Can anybody help? Try opening them in reverse order one at a time. Or hold the shift key and select them one at a time in alphabetical order, then press enter. The #1 file is always the last one opened, the #2 file is the second last one opened, etc.. >-----Original Message----- >I want to open Multiple Excel Files, they are listed >alphabetically...

Excel 2000 Help
When I go into Excel Help, the font in the contents pane is so small I can barely read it. How do I change that? Try going into Internet Explorer. Select the View menu and then Text Size. Change it to Largest. Close down Excel Help and then open it again. >-----Original Message----- >When I go into Excel Help, the font in the contents pane >is so small I can barely read it. How do I change that? >. > Note: This will also affect the font size in Internet Explorer If you have a mouse with a scrolling wheel: 1. Hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard 2. Roll the scrolling whe...

field-excel
I have a excel sheet whose one column has a drop down box.By clicking on a slection from drop down box excel sheet shows data belonging to that filed( may be this is called pivot i m not sure).I need to print the list of the seletions in the drop down box. for ex. when from discription drop down box driver for AOM is selected. MODEL NUMBER DESCRIPTION MANUFACTURER 21027-1AS DRIVER FOR AOM NEOS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. 21027-1AS DRIVER FOR AOM NEOS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. when from discription drop down box dual band switch is selected. MODEL NUMBER DESCRIPTION MANUFACTURER SWS16103 DUAL BAND SWITCH J...

Dialogsheet Checkbox to Select All Checkboxes
I am using a dialogsheet to get user input. The dialogsheet is created at runtime. The amount of checkboxes on the dialogsheet varies based on how many tabs are hidden. I would like to have a checkbox on the dialogsheet that allows users to "select all" checkboxes. Code Example: Dim SheetCount As Integer Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet Set PrintDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add 'some code used to loop and build checkboxes not shown here If SheetCount <> 0 Then If ...

Formatting the Date in Excel
Is there any way in Excel that I can format the Date so I don't have to type any slashes between the month and day? In other words, I would like to be able to type in 0714 press "enter" and have excel recognize that this is 07/14/2005 without typing in 07/14. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Short of writing code, you could enter your numerics only date in cell A1, for instance: 07142005. Then in B1 write a formula: =mid(A1,1,2)&"/"&mid(A1,3,2)&"/"&left(A1,4) Then you could copy column B and paste as values into their req...

checkbox with relative reference?
I have a checkbox in E5 controlling E5. If I copy it to K11, I want it to control K11. Now, how do I give it this kind of relative reference? Thanks, Sven Sven, I take it you're going to have to do this more than a few times. I suggest you create the checkbox objects in code rather than using the Excel Control Toolbox. Add the checkboxes in the workbook open event and then you can set the attributes of each using variables. Ross "Sven Berg" <wiesel69@gmx.de> wrote in message news:060fd6fc-4258-4b48-b67b-c6909c0f2c45@8g2000hsu.googlegroups.com... >I have a check...