cannot modify linked tables in A 2003

In a front-end/back-end application created in A 2000 I
cannot modify or add data in the linked tables if I open
the front-end in A 2003. In A 2002 everything still
worked fine. Refreshing the links using the linked table
manager does not solve the problem.
Who has experienced the same problem and found the
solution?
0
ernst

Hello,

Try adding a primary key in the back-end database and then refresh the
links.

Ki

0
kiyi

Help with Word 2003 update
Since installing Word 2003 SP3 I've had problems with text becoming misaligned when scrolling up in documents. Someone told me that a subsequest update corrected this problem but I can't find it on the Office Update page. Can someone tell me perhaps the kb number of the update I need? Or alternatively how to acquire all updates after SP3? I've used the Check for Updates link under Help, but can't figure out how to access what I'm looking for. This sounds like a display issue... Have you tried updating the display driver in Windows? -- Stefan Blom Mi...

Trying to link a resource dll
Hi, I have modified something in my visual project solution and now everytime I want to compile one of my dll, visual tries to link with its resource dll. cannot open input file '..\..\..\..\..\cbl\windows mobile 6 professional sdk (armv4i)\debug\TestRes.lib' and it comes from the fact I get a dependency in my solution between my two projets. How can I fix this ? Have you tried just deleting the dependency from the solution list? Also, check your list of libs that get included, could be you mispelled something. What did you modify in your project that caused this to happen? ...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Outlook 2003 will not close!
Outlook will not close! I'm not using a exchange server. I have to close outlook 2003 with the task manager. This happened after upgrading office XP to 2003. Runing with winfax Pro 10.01 WinFax 10 is not compatible with Outlook 2003. Might want to check the Symantec support site and see if they have documented steps on how to install WinFax 10 w/out integrating into Outlook. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "sendmeabuck" <sendmeabuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:095201c39fb3$046f20e0$a6012...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Exchange 2003 mount public db
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server. On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore emails. I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and mount the official db. It's too dangerous! Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain, organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange. Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server (DBOLD). I receive an error like this: The information store could not be loaded bec...

linked spreadsheet errors
When some Excel users open certain shared files on a network file share, they get this error message when promted to update the Links: "Unable to open https://Xmail.COMPANY.com/DocumentsandSettings/USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK659\FILE.xls. The Internet site reports that the item you requested could not be found. (HTTP/1.1.404)" The links do not actually point to the listed temp folder, and ultimately they are open and use the file after the error is shown. I'm not sure why the file might attempt to update the links from a temp internet folder, or why ...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Outlook 2003
I'm sure I've seen the answer to this problem somewhere, but I can't see to find teh conversation, so please forgive me for asking it..... I'm using Outlook 2003 on a laptop running Windows XP (SP2). I have noticed that when I am connected to the internet, my e-mail messages have the graphics/pictures in the message, but when I am not connected to the internet, then I just get the placeholders. I've been to Tools|Options|Security|Change Automatic Download Settings and I can confirm that the "Don't download pictures or other content automatically..." is ...

Embedded links for web and email
How do I change the default web and email that opens when I click on a link within an email message? If url, I want Microsoft Internet Explorer and for replies to embedded "mailto" it tries to log into SBC Yahoo instead of opening a blank email from Outlook. Thanks! ...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Links, and New Computer HELP!!!!
I am in the process of installing a new server to replace our very old one. The CEO of the company has requested the server name be changed to something more representive of what it is (Currently it is MAX, he wants it to be HSERVER). The problem we have is with Excel files, And Access databases. Many (over 1000) of the Excel files have linked tables to other excel files, and the Access database(s) all have linked tables to forms in these excel files. I didn't set the excel and access system up, so I don't have detailed information on it. I moved the files to the new server ...

Lost link to old outlook data after PC crash
Any help would be appreciated. My husband fried our configuration, and ended up having to re-install every programme. In the process...I can no longer access my old Outlook express emails (local folder)...how do I get them back? Thanks in advance ...

Pasting Formulas Without Links
Hi all, Is there a means of pasting formulas from one workbook to another without the formulas linking back to the original workbook? Example: When I do Paste Special>Formulas, I get: ='[Monthly Status Report Template v.2.0.xls]Summary'!$B$2 When what I want is: =Summary'!$B$2 I'm going to have to do this to around 50 spreadsheets, so if I can find an quick way of doing it, it's going to be really useful. Note: there are a number of formulas per worksheet, otherwise I'd just delete it it manually! TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ---------------------------------...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

WHY: duplicated entries in suppliers table after using QSimport
hello after using QSimport to populate the items table, i've noticed that there are a lot of duplicate entries being created in the supplier table. There are 254 only distinct supplier names, but there are 654 suppliers total. When you look at the suppliers which are present more than once, you notice (i am 99% sure) that all of the ones that get duplicated are had to be truncated to 30 characters, the max data length for that field. i checked and they are not being duplicated because they are misspelled or even because of trailing spaces in the supplier name 1) would it be harmfu...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Outlook 2003 New Mail Desktop Alert
Outlook only allows the New Mail Desktop Alert to stay for a maximum of 30 seconds. Is there a way the make it stay indefinitely until I open Outlook again. Thanks. No. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:103qiorsh980sfe@corp.supernews.com, Diddy Kong wrote: > Outlook only allows the New Mail Desktop Alert to stay for a maximum > of 30 seconds. > > Is there a way the make it stay indefinitely until I open Outlook > again. > >...

Linking between spreadsheets does not work unless I have both spr.
I am using Excel 2003 and I have upgraded from office 97. Before the upgrade the spreadsheets that we were using here at work updated without a problem. Since the upgrade the main spreadsheet we use will not properly update unless all the spreadsheets that is gets information from are open. I go to the links and update and it give me the OK status. I set excel to maunally update. But no matter what I try everytime I update the main spreadsheet without all the others open it will not properly update the data. The odd part is that I cane created a new spreadsheet and I can get infor...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

XL2007: Linked-labels reference is not copied with sheet
Dear group, when I link a chart's text-labels with cells, the formula in the label contains the sheet-name, e.g. =Mysheet!$A$1. In 2003 or below, I could duplicate the sheet inside the workbook by copying it. Now in 2007, the cell-references in the linked labels remain on the old sheet, they are not copied. Is there any better way but copying the sheet into a second workbook, renaming and then moving it back into first workbook? Thanks, Holger. Yeah, they broke this in 2007. It sounds very familiar, I'm sure I've reported it. I don't think there's a better way th...

removing automatic link
Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks can be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office 2000... Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Billing goddess wrote: > Is there a way in Office 2000 that a link between two workbooks can > be removed? I know in 2003, when you click on edit/link you can > remove the link, but i cannot locate the function in office 2000... Tha...

Exchange 2003 Admin w/o ability to gain service acct access & read other users' mail?
I recently installed/configured an Exchange 2003 server for my organization. Upon completion they removed me from the Administrators group so that I would not be able to read other users' email. Although this right is disabled by default, MS has left a couple backdoors so admins can grant themselves Service Account access and read other users' mailboxes. See: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821897 MS Reasoning appears to be, "Just don't do it" -- which is not enough to satisfy my company principals. They are uncomfortable with even the possibility that I *could* add se...

Report writer Table security violation
I have a user that is getting a table security violation when they are running financial reports out of report writer. This seemed to start after upgrading to 10. ------=_NextPart_0001_8AA41D26 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Check that they have access to the tables they need. You can install the Support Debugging Tool for assistance with security issues using the Security Profiler and Security Information windows. http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/08/05/installing-the-support-debugging-tool-for-microsoft-dynamics-gp- faq.aspx David ...