Can't Upgrade an MDB, says it's already open

I am trying to open an MDB under Access 2007 and publish it with my
self-cert.

I can open it, but the Publish menu item is greyed out. Maybe this is
because 2007 can't publish an older MDB. So, I try "Convert", but that
gives me this message box:

You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by
user 'Admin' on 'MYMACHINENAME'. Try again when the database is
available.

The only thing that has got the database open is the copy of Access
that I'm using to try to convert it! Any idea how I get around this?

Phil Hibbs.
0
Phil

Phil Hibbs <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in

> The only thing that has got the database open is the copy of
> Access that I'm using to try to convert it! Any idea how I get
> around this?

Close Access and try again.

If that doesn't work, reboot your computer and give it a try.

contact via website only     http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/
0
David
10/21/2010 3:43:07 AM

David-W-Fenton wrote:
> Close Access and try again.
> If that doesn't work, reboot your computer and give it a try.

No luck. No matter whether I click "Convert" or "Save As", I get this
error every time.

Phil.
0
Phil
11/16/2010 2:37:33 PM
> No luck. No matter whether I click "Convert" or "Save As", I get this
> error every time.

Don't you just hate it when that happens. You spend days working on a
problem, then as soon as you post a message saying you've tried
everything, you think of another thing, and it works. This time, I
didn't enable the macros when I opened the database, and then it
worked. D'oh.

Phil.
Phil

Revenue/Sales by Customer, including Rev Deferrals and Open SOP Or
Does anyone know of a report? The report must show by customer, the monthly amount billed (so invoiced and posted), deferred (maybe schedule payments vs. Rev/Exp Deferrals is better?), and unbilled (where we plan to hold unbilled items in SOP Orders.....unless someone has a better way?). Our client doesn't have Smartlist Builder. Suggestions welcome! Thank you! It's going to need to be a custom report. Pick whatever report writer you're comfortable using or the customer has. If you don't have a preference, I would have the report created using SRS because it is...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Upgrading the CPU?

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

Cannot see opened Excel file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't see an excel file that I've opened. Double clicking the file launches Excel but I can't see the document. I've tried opening through excel/file/open....etc it didn't work too. <br><br>Note that this problem is only for some files not all In article <59bb797e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Nico1712@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I can't see an excel file that I've...

opening attachment
Hello, Is it possible to view picture attchments in the message as you can in outlook express? It is very tedious to open one at a time when there are a lot of attachments in the message. Brent Brent Mills <brentm@compusup.com> wrote: > Is it possible to view picture attchments in the message > as you can in outlook express? It is very tedious to open > one at a time when there are a lot of attachments in the > message. Only if the sender e4mbedded them in the message. -- Brian Tillman ...

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Outlook 2003 and opening link question
I'm wanting to change the way Outlook 2003 opens links/webpages - from opening them in Explorer to Firefox. Please guide me to where the option to change this is. Thanks in advance! There is no such setting in Outlook; set Firefox as your default browser. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Ben" <bswong@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:%xboj.9252$421.7874@news-serv...

How do I enable macros in an open file?
A user opens an Excel file (with global macro security setting on "Medium"). She is not prompted to "Enable Macros". Instead, it opens and macros are disabled. Any ideas why? Is there a way for her to enable macros with the file open? Thank you in advance! Kevin Hate to bump my own post . . . anyone? . . . Bueller . . . Bueller . . . Thanks in advance! ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Open qpw files in excel
Anyone know of method and/or filter to use to open quatropro 11(.qpw) files with Excel XP If a import filter is needed, please direct me to location... Thanks Bill "Bill" <bgc912@comcast.net> wrote... >Anyone know of method and/or filter to use to open quatropro 11(.qpw) files >with Excel XP >If a import filter is needed, please direct me to location... There is no import filter. Same situation as with Lotus 123 .123 files - Excel simply doesn't support them. Blame Microsoft for acting like a monopoly, howl at the moon, or whatever - there's no way to do th...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

Upgrade Error
I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the Reports Feature. When I select that feature, I get a page that tell sme that a Money upgrade is in progress and that I will be able to use the feature when that is complete. The problem is that the progress bar never moves and the update has never completed. I am not sure what is going on and I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Beal Boru <Beal Boru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the >Report...

Upgrade
Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? Howdie! Am 03.05.2010 20:57, schrieb Collins: > Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server > 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? > > Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? You're asking a couple of questions here, each of them being a broad topic that one can't just answer with "yes, no, maybe&q...

Upgrading 2005 from 2004
This is a message for ya'll trying to convert that file from 2004 to the new "improved" 2005. This worked for me running a XP SP2 laptop with 2 users. First uninstall 2005. Reinstall 2004. Under the file menu you will find "repair money File". Click on that and do a standard repair. Reinstall 2005. Use the new repaired file and it works. I noticed that the repaired file was half the size of the old file. It apparently had a record file error. Hope this helps ya'll out. Now to find out what new problems I will find. Matt You should have stopped ...

Error Opening Forms After adding New Field
I added a new field in the opportunity Schema, Published it. I then added it to the opportunity form. Now when I try to open any lead, contact, account or opportunity form I get the "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" error. Full message is Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 16/09/2005 Time: 11:37:37 User: N/A Computer: HPCRM1 Description: MSCRM Application Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error ...