Best Way To Convert Access97

We are getting ready to convert our Access97 databases to
2002 very soon.   It seems simpilier to just convert our 97
databases directly to 2002.  Are there any advantages to
converting the 97 databases to 2000 and then to 2002?

Your comments are appreciated!
0
Cyndee

Corrupt output from WideCharToMultiByte-converted string.
Hi! System specs: Language: C++ Compiler: Borland C++ 5.6 for Win32 OS: Windows Xp I'm coding a Process-Lister program, where I try to output the DLLpath, ImagePathname and other strings gathered from the PEB block of each process.. This is (roughly) done in the way: 1) Read the start address of the RTL_USER_PROCESS_PARAMETER (RUPB*) from the PEB block. (offset = 0x010). 2) Read the UNICODE_STRING (US*) structure from the RUPB block (offset = depending on which field, ex: DLLPath = 0x030). 3) Read the Wide-character-string (UNICODE_STRING:Buffer) from the US block, (offset...

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Convert function not working
Sir/Mam, I tried this function =CONVERT(2.5, "ft", "sec") but it is not working. it is giving #name? I m using office 2003. yours Rao Ratan Singh From help file: If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in. How? 1.. On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins. 2.. In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click OK. 3.. If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program. 4.. "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Convert COleDateTime to Double
How do I convert a Double to COleDateTime I know how to convert COleDateTime to Double, using the following code double XX = DateTime.m_dt; But what is the coding to convert back; Thanks Guys. Regards, Jimmy "Newbie & Noobie" <NewbieNoobie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:498FCE41-07A2-4AFA-AFB6-C7669F12EF44@microsoft.com... > How do I convert a Double to COleDateTime > > I know how to convert COleDateTime to Double, using the following code > double XX = DateTime.m_dt; > > But what is the coding to convert back; > If you have a...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Can I convert from publisher 2003 to powerpoint 2003?
Well, can I? Jar47 wrote: > Well, can I? Not really. Copy and paste. Why? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

converting from lotus, file explodes in size
We're trying to convert a large, multi-sheeted Lotus workbook into Excel 2002, but when we did the file size went from a few MB to 20 MB in Excel. Is there a way to convert and keep a more reasonable file size? Thanks! Thanks for your feedback Carrie -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Carrie" <csutton@keywestcity.com> wrote in message news:06a001c3665b$60223ee0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Ron, > That did the trick, a number of our worksheets were out to > column IV and down to row 8000! File size went from 22MB >...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

Convertion
Hi, I need to convert an excel 95 spreadsheet to excel 2003. got any tips, guidence etc. Bach -- bach ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26134 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400694 "bach" <bach.1umcuf_1125475538.7378@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:bach.1umcuf_1125475538.7378@excelforum-nospam.com > Hi, > > I need to convert an excel 95 spreadsheet to excel 2003. got any > tips, guidence ...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....

Is there an easy way to swap the contents of two cells in Excel?
I think the subject says it all... =?Utf-8?B?Ti5CLiBZb25k?= <N.B. Yond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4C32CCD5-DA6F-43A8-9502-B2348D183371@microsoft.com: > I think the subject says it all... > You could add a button to the sheet with following code behind it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() cel1 = InputBox("First cell?") cel2 = InputBox("Second cell?") c1 = Range(cel1).Value c2 = Range(cel2).Value Range(cel1).Value = c2 Range(cel2).Value = c1 End Sub You will be asked for the 2 cell addresses and the contents will be ...

division of variable integer into best fit integer parts
Hello I have a variable integer which must be split into 8 integers based on fixed percentages (33%, 18%, 15%, 13%, 11%, 4%, 3%, 3%). These 8 integers must add up to the original number (ie I cannot just multiply integer by % and then use the roundup/rounddown functions as they could add up to more/less than the original number). Is there a function in excel which would work out a best fit solution? Thanks No, there is not a function to do this automatically. Follow the program that you described, but calculate one of the integers by subtraction to make the sum come out right. Jerry ...

"Convert" Driver vom XP64 to Win7 64
Hallo NG, I'm not the Manufacturer of the Device and I don't have source-access. So if there is a working driver for Windows XP 64 Bit Edition, is it somehow possible to get it installed on Win7 (with test-signing)? Can it be achieved by modifing the .inf? GP I think it will install with a question of "Do you trust this = software?" --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "G=EF=BF=BDnter Prossliner" <nospam@spam.com> wrote in message = news:%23pcCh162KHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP06.p...

Is there an easier way?
There has got to be an easier to accomplish the same end results as the attached formula... any pointers? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Doc2.doc | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4133 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- wmaughan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wmaughan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29743 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Converting values to text
I have a load of values which i want to convert to text, the text will depend on the value. ie If value=1, text = DOG If value=2, text = CAT If value=4, text = PIG Thanks. I think what you'll need is the VLOOKUP function http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below. "Keith Rathband" wrote: > I have a load of values which i want to convert to text, the text will > depend on the value. ie > > If value=1, text = DOG > If value=2, text = CAT > If value=4, text = PIG &g...

best fit line
I have a line graph with 6 series plotted (I.e. 6 different lines--sales on y, months of x). How do i add a best fit line to the chart? When i select Add Treanline, it only lets you select one series (and I'm assuming the result you get is a linear y=mx+b line....i 'm looking for the best fit line for serveral series... Thanks. jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com since it is a line chart, there are several things you could try. If it is justified, you could generate an average of the data points for each x point and plot it. Make a trend line of the average th...