Append data to table...Access to 97 conversion error

Error 2391, Field 'F1' doesn't exist in the destination
table

Why do I get this error when I try to append data from
a .csv file into an Acces table

code line:
DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "Invoice", Filename,
False
Please help
0
Ms

Import Outlook Data
I have Outlook 2000 on two computers. I would like to merge the data from the 1st computer to the 2nd,. I DO NOT want to setup a new calendar, contact, email folders, etc. I want to add to the existing ones. I see how to import data from other programs but not from Outlook. I know it must be simple. Help please. Bob Copy the pst-file of the 2nd computer to the first and choose "Import from file and". Then set it to import a pst-file and browse to the pst-file you've just copied. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an...

Importing Data
I have two users who have just had email accounts set up and will be accessing mail exclusively through OWA. Both would like to import existing data from their old accounts into OWA. Is this possible and, if it is, can anyone tell me how to do it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. "NOBI" <NOBI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have two users who have just had email accounts set up and will be >accessing mail exclusively through OWA. Both would like to import existing >data from their old accounts into OWA. Is this possible and, if it is, can >anyone...

Batch loading Timesheets data from Excel files to EPM
Dear all, I had a request from one of our clients' regarding the batch loading of Timesheet Data from Excel files to EPM. I investigated the request and my conclusion is that this can be done using SQL Integration Services (via a DTS). My questions are the following: 1. Is it enough to batch load data on the following tables (of Published database) ? MSP_TIMESHEET_ACTUALS MSP_TIMESHEET_LINES MSP_TIMESHEETS 2. How can I batch create the UID (identifiers)? Is there a specific Stored Procedure for that? I'll appreciate any answer on that. Best regards, Kons...

Linking a Visio shape to an Excel data cell
I am more than new to Visio. I am making timelines that will show various stages of a product. I have created cylindrical timelines, and I can import my Excel data. Is there a way for me to link various cells types (Beta 1, Beta 2) to Visio shapes so that instead of a date the shape will be shown on the timeline? That is, can I configure Visio so that every Beta 1 automatically displays as a timeline square and every Beta 1 automatically displays as a timeline diamond? (And if so, how?) Thanks~ -- Billie First of all shapes are positioned horizontally on the timeline by date, so it...

show all years in pivot table
Data in Access is in field called year, with value for years ranging from 1704 to 1783. Not every year is represented. Is there a way to make the pivot table show every year in the series even though there is no year in the underlying data? E.g., the actual data look like this: 1704, 1704, 1705, 1707, 1707, 1707, 1708. Is there a way to show an empty 1706? Show empty cells won't do it because there are no cells for the missing years. Thanks! Rich Rath Hi AFAIK this is not possible if these dates are not in your range -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rich Rath&...

Help with organizing data
I was given data in the following format: 00 10 20 30 40 50 0 25 30 41 43 36 38 1 40 56 52 38 35 20 2 25 19 38 44 46 50 3 52 58 48 56 50 48 Is there an easy way to convert it to the following format: 0:00 25 0:10 30 0:20 41 0:30 43 0:40 36 0:50 38 1:00 40 1:10 56, etc. Any suggestions would be apprecated. Assume data is in G1 to M25 go to an open area C1? insert "0" and copy down to C6 in C7 enter =C1+1 copy down til you hav...

Print data in form field lists
Using Word 2007 - have a form with multiple drop down lists. Is there a way to print a copy of the form which displays all the options in the drop down lists to make updating easier? I am not sure how printing a document with all the dropdown items displayed (which is not possible) would help with 'updating'. If you want to modify the values in a dropdown field more simply - take a look at the add-in at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <...

Query Delete and append
I am trying to add information to a table with an append query and that works fine since I duplicated the table. The information comes from a linked XLS sheet, I need to delete the information and replace it every day. When I created a delete query it works fine but when I try to add the information again using the append query it does not work unless I open the query in design view, save it and run it. I have dozens of other queries doing the same and they all work fine. What am I doing wrong? I looks like I am getting a 3349 error but why does it work once and then when I delete the ...

To get client data from a saved file back to the master file
I have designed a programme that records data and also links to another programme, but when I save the client information the name of the file changes and I loose the link. I want to be able to open a master copy each time and get the client data from the saved file so I can update each time and resave updates information, this way the link will always be there, I hope? ...

How to Assign Values from Access field to a MS Word Field?
Hi I need to know how to assign values from Access field to a MS Word field? Thanks ...

Excel OLE data in PPT reverting to OLD data after macro updation
Hi, Im cross-posting/multi-posting this in the hope that I could get a solution. I am facing a very strange problem (both in Office 2002 and 2003) with Excel OLE charts in PPT. (Im programming with excel as base) I am using code zilched from Jon P's site in order to copy data from an excel sheet and activate a PPT application (and Slide) and an Excel OLE object within the slide and then updating the data in it and then saving this template with a NEW NAME. Im using this method to update a single slide template tons of time and each time saving it with different (but well-defined) ...

OWA access
I am using exchange 5.5 with OWA on the same server. I changed the password of the user but the strange thing is that he can login to the mailbox through OWA using either the old password or the new one. Dont know how to solve this issue. Pls help. Thanks. well, one more question, i run exchange 5.5 with MS Windows 2000 AS with OWA, everything seems to be fine but noone is able to login to OWA, (authentication failed any special suggestion are greatly welcomed :) what authentication methods are used in properties of owa. >-----Original Message----- >well, one more question, i run...

Conversation
In OL2003, is there any way to keep my sent mails with my received ones in Inbox, so I can see the whole conversation when grouped by conversation? As it is I can only see half the conversation - the bit others say, not what I say!! Basically I'd love to end up with a view similar to the one I see in OL Express when I look at a newsgroup. Doable? Mark ...

Advice on comparing data sets
Hi, Can anyone advise on how I can compare data on 1 sheet with dat compared on another. Example attached. I want to be able to show that whenever the UK is shown (can appea multiple times) on this sheet it checks on sheet2 and enter th corresponding band value in this case for the UK (show in cells B6, B8 will show band A SHEET1 Ref Country Band 1 UK 2 Germany 3 UK 4 France 5 Italy SHEET2 Country Band UK A GERMANY B ITALY B FRANCE D SWEDEN D DENMARK E As always thanks for your help. Simo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ...

Chart does NOT show data entered for the values represented
I continue to find a problem in excel 2007 that was not present in 2003. I will input 2or more columns and rows of data to create a chart, then create the chart; but IF MORE THAN ONE data path is selected to be charted, the other data paths are charted incorrectly. They do not reflect the values in the cells! Obviously then, my charts are wrong and I can't rely on them for analysis. Please respond if this has happened to you and you know how to correct for this. I am very frustrated. -- Judi Hi Judi, Data Path? what is this, are your charts refering to other workbooks? Why ...

Conditional Lookup Table?
Hello: In another database program I've used for years, you could set up a conditional lookup table without any programming. For example, if Field A has 2 choices, "Corporate" and Individual", then the lookup table for Field B would be based upon the choice in Field A without writing any code. In other words, if the user enters Corporate in Field A, then the corporate lookup table would be available for Field B. And if the user entered Individual in Field A, then the Individual lookup table would be available for Field B. Can I have Access select the correct lookup t...

DATA HIDING
I WANT TO HIDE DATA IN A SINGLE CELL Format the cell with protection of Hidden, and then protect the worksheet. "REDSHARK" wrote: > I WANT TO HIDE DATA IN A SINGLE CELL ...

Graff data series
I have a graff for sales. Data series 1 = Budget Data series 2 = Actual I want the value that is shown with data series 2 to be a % of the value of data series 1. ...

Filling in Data
I have several points where I need data. I only have the start and the end values and I want to fill in each of the points between the two. How is that accomplished. Example. Point 1 = 50, Point 10 = 600. I need Points 2-9. 550/9 = the increment to add moving from point 2 to point 9 Jamie wrote: > I have several points where I need data. I only have the start and the end > values and I want to fill in each of the points between the two. How is that > accomplished. > > Example. Point 1 = 50, Point 10 = 600. I need Points 2-9. Hi, Try this and ente...

1-way data sync into CRM (v3)
How do I determine if I need to purchase Scribe (and training) or write a customized web application using web service calls? (Any classes on that?) How do I know which would be less expensive now and in the long run? I have no knowledge of Scribe at this time, and I am not familiar with the SDK / C#. Issue: I need a one-way synchronization of data from a SQL database app into CRM for Leads, Opportunities, and Contacts. That data needs to be in CRM only for management reporting purposes and will not be updated by users. This will be an ongoing daily update process. The project man...

Access 2003
I have a Table 1 with Field A. In Table 2 I want to create a field that will automatically pull over Field A from Table 1 to Table 2. How do I do this. The table I'm working on has a number assigned to a vendor. The vendor in Table 1 (with number) has to also be in Table 2 (with number) and I don't want to have to retype that number everytime. You may want to explain in a little more detail what the two tables are. It's unusual to need to put the same value in two different places (unless you're talking about a foreign key from one table, pointing back to the othe...

Appending worksheets
Hello, I have a huge workbook with some 200 worksheets (Excel 2002) and wouldlike to create one single worksheet by appending the data on all worksheets one after another. Is there an easy way to do this without programming a macro? Thanks so much. Provided the total data rows do not exceed 65535 (assuming a standard top row for col labels), one way would be sequential manual copy > paste into a single new sheet placed to the left of the 200 source sheets. At an est 15 sec per manual op, 200 sheets would only take roughly an hour of work to accomplish. Thereafter, to clean up, jus...

IMAP Access to Multiple Mailbox using PINE
Hi all, We are running Exchange 2003, we need to be able to allow users using PINE to access multiple mailboxes (read only), this was possible in 5.5, which we can configure PINE with "AnotherUser" "{exchange.domain.com}Other Users/AnotherUser/inbox", and grant use reviewer rights to that mailbox But this doesn't seem to work anymore in 2003. How can we do this? Many Thanks, Yang ...

Storing Data on dedicated RS SQL Instance
We have set up RS Server, together with an instance of SQL2000 on a virtual server. The current 2 RS DBs are backed up on a 'real' server regularly. We have a number of reports we use RS for, and the data for these reports is processed every 30 minutes, due to it's complexity, and currently resides on another production server. We are contemplating moving the processed data directly onto the RS SQL server instance. The Reports are generated every 30 minutes following the re-creation of the new data, and are then cached on a web server for access by users. My question is this...

How to manage new data with external data in Excel?
Hi, I'm setting up a business planning worksheet into which I import external data from another Excel table using the built in driver. I import a few columns and then add some extra columns required to the right, such as formulas and other validated fields. The problem is that whenever new data is added or existing data is removed, the columns to the right of the external data do not move as I would like them to. In "External Data Range Properties" I ticked "Insert entire rows from new data, clear unused cells." but that doesn't seem to work. Can anyon...