Access2000 remains running after QUIT app

I took a Access 97 db and converted it to Access 2000. I
have SP3 installed for Access 2000.

Yet whenever I go into a FORM with a SUBFORM and then quit
the application, I can see MSACCESS.EXE still listed as
running in the task manager (processes).

Any ideas
0
anonymous

Running OL2K as a service
Can Outlook be set to run as a service on W2K Pro clients? If not, is there a way to disable the exit functions? I'm trying to prevent Outlook from being closed and would prefer to handle this within Outlook as opposed to 3rd party software. Bill Richardson ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ no, you can't run it as a service. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

How to run IIS and ASP.Net on a specific AD account
Hi all, This follows my last thread about impersonation (http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet&tid=eae647eb-7f0b-477b-8f80-6e3fe2a847ea&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1). I have a Windows Server 2003 AD server with accounts for my company people. I run an IIS ASP.Net web site on a separated computer (XP Pro), the main account of this computer is an AD account, let's call it <domain>\robot. I would like to run this IIS ASP.Net web site with anonymous access for people (this is a pu...

Qty Remaining
I have a table called Bill of Materials with the fields Qty In and Qty Remaining. I have another table called Materials issued with a field Qty issued. (book items to a Job No) i would like to know if i can get access to automaticaly fill the Qty Remaining field by subracting the Qty issued from the Qty in and to update this field as items are booked out. Thanks heaps Malfunction If your table structure already has a place to store the number of items added (?QtyIn) and the number of items used (?QtyIssued), then why store the calculated difference? It is rarely necessary to do so, and d...

Running Balance
On my previous version of Money there was a running balance at the bottom of the bills due screen. That doesn't appear on the 2002 version. To see the ballance after entering a payment I have to switch to the 'check book' view. Is there a way to have it the running total appear on the 'bills' screen? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q34. "Gil" <gil-plummer@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:04d601c39515$3be6f730$a401280a@phx.gbl... > On my previous version of Money there was a running > balance at the bottom of the bills due screen. That &...

Running processes
Hello, I'm using VC 6. Is there a Win98/xp/Vista equivalent to EnumProcesses()? MSDN says that EnumProcesses() is only supported under NT. I want to know what applications are running, regardless of whether their top-level window is open, minimized to the task bar or in the system tray. Thanks, Dan MSDN doesn't say it is only for NT. Look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682629(VS.85).aspx -SM So let me rephrase. Windows 98 does not support EnumProcesses. How, then, do I get the information I'm looking for as stated in my initial question: "I'm using ...

Reebok Men's Classic Nylon Running Shoe
Price:$39.95 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000APACVW Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000APACVW I bought these shoes over the summer to replace my NewBalance shoes. I figured the build quality would be similar and was just looking to save $20 or $30. Unfortunately, these shoes were a bit of a disappointment. I had them for about a week and the toe part of the shoe somehow tore. Then, about 2 weeks later, the heel part of the shoe came apart. I've only had these shoes for about 3 months and they're already completely work out. ...

'Save as' and 'Run' installer files
Hi Everyone: 1. When I am given the option for a file to 'save as' or 'run,' I should always choose to 'save as' in my desktop since it will download faster and so I can check for viruses before running it-Correct? 2. If I 'do' choose to 'run' it, does it 'save' the file or does it just' run' it one time and I will have to 'save as' the next time I want to view the file? 3. If I do select 'save as' an installer file and then 'delete' the desktop file, is the file still installed? In other words, ...

Access2000: Which Events?
Hi I have a multi-page form (fmAssets) with a subform sfTransactions based on continous form fmTransactions on one page. All transactions have a TransactionDate field, which is unique for given asset, i.e. only 1 transaction on given day for given asset is allowed. On form fmAsset are some controls, which do contain the current (i.e. today's) value of some transaction field - always the latest transaction is the valid one. What I need, ist to recalculate those controls, whenever on subform sfTransactions a new transaction is entered, some existing transaction is changed, or an exis...

Can we Count down remaining time in MS CRM 4.0?
Hi I need to Count down remaining time of a case based on 'Createdon' as start time and useing a picklist "or by adding another Date and time field " to specify the End time .. Thanks in advanced Write Java Script on the Entity for a particular field. "Yataplus" wrote: > Hi > > I need to Count down remaining time of a case based on 'Createdon' as start > time > and useing a picklist "or by adding another Date and time field > " to specify the End time .. > > Thanks in advanced > ...

How do I find which screen my app is running in?
Hi, When my app starts it always starts up in the primary display of a multi-display setup. If the user decides to always put my app in screen 2, is there a way in VB that allows you to identify the screen you are running in? I would then check the screen I am running in as the user closes the app and store it in a registry setting. Then when the user re-opens the app make sure it comes up in the same screen (probably needs a test to ensure the user hasn't disconnected a screen since you last opened)? I have had a look at the "My" command and can find read only ...

Upsizing Access2000 To SQLExpress
I have split my database to front end and back end. The back end holds only the tables. I used the upsizing wizard in access 2000. The SQL Server Database is called PED40_beSQL. I can't find the database anywhere in my computer. The tables were skipped or export failed. What is going on? Help! Help! Help! Any rassistance greatly appreciated. Bill Depow Be sure to read this before trying to upsize and pay specific attention to the part about what to do BEFORE upsizing: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP052741431033.aspx -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Ut...

Reconvert to Access2000
I've converted Access 2000 to 2003 Now in order to have other users with Access 2000 to use the database, I want to reconvert it to 2000. Is there a way to do so? Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "amin" <amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E1ED32D-4481-463E-852D-A86840E6C8F0@microsoft.com... > I've converted Access 2000 to 2003 Now in order to have other users with > Access 2000 to use the database, I want to reconvert it to 2000. > Is there...

Word 2008 running at 80% CPU
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Word 2008 running at 85% CPU, I found in other forums, if I turn the Grammar Check off, the CPU goes back to normal, but it keeps with the same crazy fan issue. Help me please!! I hope there is a fix for it soon. Can't remember where I picked this up, but in Preferences, turn off Live Word Count is reported to reduce CPU wasted. Appears to work for me (but have not done any real experiments to test ... last week the laptop battery lasted while writing most of the the entire transatlantic flight, so it must have wor...

BPA Shows Schema upgrade required after ServerTools Run
I just ran ServerTools.msi on a SBS 2003 server in preparation for migration to SBS 2008. I reran both BPA utilities after the reboot and the Exchange 2007 Readiness test still shows Active Directory Schema Update Required. ServerTools indicated all processes ran successfully and returned a green check. I was under the impression ServerTools would take care of the Schema updates. Can someone tell me what I am missing? Where can I find the logs for ServerTools? -- Message posted via http://www.winserverkb.com Sorry, I meant to say SourceTools, not ServerTools. (The Migration...

Cannot run Outlook
I am running windows XP Professional and have a BT Yahoo Broadband connection. I can operate Outlook express but cannot even open Outlook. It keeps telling me that my server is not available and jsut shuts down. I have used Outlook with Windows 2000 and the same broadband connection. Any suggestions? Have you tried the repair installation? David "Marshall-Dyckes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd4201c3be2e$866d50f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am running windows XP Professional and have a BT Yahoo > Broadband connection. I can operate Outloo...

Office apps taking a long time to close after 12.2.3
I'm running 10.6.2 and just upgraded to 12.2.3 I'm noticing that most Office apps take a long time to close (up to 10 seconds at times) and they spike the CPU to 100%. Anything I can try to troubleshoot this? -Kevin Not seeing anything like that here... Have you repaired disk permissions since installing the updates? Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 11/11/09 10:48 AM, in article C7204718.11926%netnothing@gmail.com, "K.B." <netnothing@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm running 10.6.2 and just upgraded to 12.2.3 > > I'...

Access2000: BE/FE question
Hi I have designed a set of Access2000 applications, and split them afterwards. So I have now p.e. : App1.mdb and App1_be.mdb; App2.mdb and App2_be.mdb, where App2.mdb links some tables from App1_be.mdb; App3.mdb and App3_be.mdb, where App3.mdb links some copies of tables from App1_be.mdb from memory stick (App3.mdb and App3_be.mdb are located in high-secure computer without acess to LAN or internet). We may forget about App3 at moment. App1 and App2 were designed as separate applications, because they have different users in general, and for better perfomance (there are some big tables...

Printing running totals automatically
I have a long list of items which do not fit on one page. What I want to do is print the list with the total for that page at the end and the total from the previous page at the bottom. Is there a way to obtain this automatically without having to split the pages onself and do the formula for each page? Thanks There's nothing built into excel that allows you to do this. xe3l wrote: > > I have a long list of items which do not fit on one page. What I want to do > is print the list with the total for that page at the end and the total from > the previous page at the bot...

Outlook 2000 running slow
Outlook 2000 running slow on Windows XP. I have two machines that this is happening to. One of them is a brand new dell, out of the box. It takes close to 6 seconds to open a message or drop down menu. All other Apps are running fine, and even checked my page file size. I've updated windows with latest patchs as well as office. I have a virus protection in place and since the computer is brand new, it can't be spyware. I'm at a lost as to what to look for next. Any suggestions? Thanks. Sorry, I also cleared out memory and temp files thinking that was slowing it down. But,...

auto run a macro
Hello, I wanted to create a macro to generate a unique number that can be used as a "qute number". My spreadsheet has a "now function" in it. My macro coverts this function to a number format with four decimal points. So everytime I open the spreadsheet it generates a new number. I want the macro to work in the quote spreadsheet but be disabled once the file has been saved to a new name. I thought this would happen if I saved the macro in the "this workbook" but when I save the file to a new name then close all workbooks and open the save...

acess97-access2000
IGood afternoon, I have a data base that I using which was written in access97 but I am now in Nigeria and have access2000 and cannot open or convert this data base. I get the following message"The current usser account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database" br max Make sure that you are opening the database as admin. And that you have the Workgroup Information File that was created when security was added to the database. Jack >-----Original Message----- >IGood afternoon, >I have a data base that I using which was written in >access97 ...

stored procedure running only from code
There are some stored procedures (SQL 2000) that take ages to execute, if they ever do at all, but when their code is copied to query analyzer (and parameters replaced with variables and given values) execute in seconds, as they should. What could be the reason? (this happens only to some, not all) The reason can be that execution plan stored for this procedure is not good enough. When you execute code only new efficient plan is generated. The sp_recompile system stored procedure forces a recompile of a stored procedure the next time it is run. "vsiat" <vsiat@...

Office Apps won't open, give error msgs, then freeze
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel When I try to open an Office app, I get the following error msgs: "You are working without a Word work file and memory is nearly full. Save your work." I click "OK" and I get a window saying "Word cannot open this document template. (Document Elements.dotx)" I click OK and Word freezes; I have to Force Quit the app. This occurs in all Office apps. There is no memory problem I can identify. I have plenty of RAM and plenty of free hard drive space. I have re-installed Office twice after uninsta...

Access2000: Securing databases
Hi Somehow MS Access Help about subject is vague - I feel half the needed information is left out. I'll have several Access applications (two at moment), which will be a related databases system, i.e. some of tables in one application will serve as source data for another one. Later I'll split all projects to front- and back-end, and probably there will be several variants of front-ends. At moment I'm looking for a way to secure both applications (or have I to split them before?). The result of securing must: 1. ... allow multi-user access to both (at moment) applications ...

Windows Live Mail Problem Running In XP and No MVP Response
Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3 Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the Wednesday instead of the Thursday. Tried the same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows Thursday as it should. It has been suggested that this is a result of XP First Day of Week settings - but this does not appear to be valid. Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP. I am a volunteer teacher (retired programmer) teaching older people in Rockhampton to ...