Access unable to create an MDE

I am getting this message when I try to make an MDE:

"Access unable to create an MDE database"

No error mesages or any other info is displayed.  I
haven't had this trouble before.  Then I added a form, a
couple reports, an create table query, modified a toolbar
and added a module. Now I am getting this message.  This
database is a front end of a project with several linked
table to a back end.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jeff G
0
Jeff

Try compiling your application (under the Debug menu when you're in the VB
Editor). Often an application will have some error that doesn't manifest
itself while it's running

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Jeff G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting this message when I try to make an MDE:
>
> "Access unable to create an MDE database"
>
> No error mesages or any other info is displayed.  I
> haven't had this trouble before.  Then I added a form, a
> couple reports, an create table query, modified a toolbar
> and added a module. Now I am getting this message.  This
> database is a front end of a project with several linked
> table to a back end.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Jeff G

0
Douglas
8/9/2004 11:17:19 PM
Bingo!  Thanks

0
Jeff
8/9/2004 11:59:41 PM
Hi, Jeff.

As Doug wrote, try compiling first, and then fix any compile errors.  That's
the most common reason why Access produces this error message.  If that
doesn't help, there are several other things can prevent Access from
creating an MDE file.  Try the "Can't make an MDE!" checklist below:

Make sure that the answer to all of the following questions is "Yes":

1.)  Does the code compile?

2.)  Is the database format the same version of Access as that being used to
create the MDE?  (For example, the default database format for Access XP and
2003 is 2000, but one needs to convert the database to the current version
before making an MDE out of the MDB file.)

3.)  Do you have sufficient permissions on the Windows directory where the
MDE file is going to be created?  (Read, create, and modify)

4.)  If the database is secured using user-level security, are you currently
logged in as the owner of the database, or at least a member of the Admins
group?  (For best results, make sure that you are logged into the workgroup
as the owner of the database.  Being a member of the Admins group will
usually work, but not always.)

5.)  If you aren't the owner of the database, do you have sufficient
user-level permissions?  (Open/run, open exclusive, modify design or
administer for all tables, and read design permissions for all objects)

6.)  Is there sufficient disk space available for the new MDE file?

7.)  Are you attempting to create an MDE from Access 2K, but with
applications from Office XP or Visio 2002 also installed on the computer,
and already have Office 2K Service Packs 1, 2 and 3 installed?

8.)  Is the database no longer replicated, if it once was?

9.)  If there's a VBA password, have you already opened the VB Editor with
that password so that the code is accessible?

10.)  If this database references other Access databases as libraries, have
they all been converted to MDE files already, including any that are part of
a chain of library databases?

HTH.

Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips.

> Try compiling your application (under the Debug menu when you're in the VB
> Editor). Often an application will have some error that doesn't manifest
> itself while it's running
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Jeff G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am getting this message when I try to make an MDE:
> >
> > "Access unable to create an MDE database"
> >
> > No error mesages or any other info is displayed.  I
> > haven't had this trouble before.  Then I added a form, a
> > couple reports, an create table query, modified a toolbar
> > and added a module. Now I am getting this message.  This
> > database is a front end of a project with several linked
> > table to a back end.  Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jeff G

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

creat id badges including an image
Can anyone tell me how to create id badges using data and an image please? I can use access, excel, word or publisher. Thank you. In Publisher, simply use a badge template (label), insert your picture. If you are merging data it is a straightforward operation. What version Office? Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx With Word, look at this article http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Angel_1" <Angel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

How to create a ledger sheet
Hello. I have a database with the following tables:Customers, Orders, and PaymentsThe Customers table has a one-to-many relationship with the Orderstable. The Customers table also has a one-to-many relationship withthe Payments table.I am trying to create what I think is commonly called a ledger sheet.This sheet simply shows the dollar amount of every order that anindividual customer has placed (debits) and every payment that thecustomer has made (credits). It also shows a running balance. Entriesare shown in chronilogical order.I am having trouble creating a report that would draw debits from...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Excel, ODBC and creating queries
Does anyone know of a way to create a query based on values or formula in a spreadsheeet? Thanks in advance, J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From reading between the lines of your post, I am guessing that you have an Access Database with which you want to create a query based on a spreadsheet. If this is the case, you will need to open your database and in the tables section of your databse , right mouse click in the area showing your table names, and select "Link Tables" from the menu. Once you have followed the rest of the steps in the link wizard, a...

Access

Code does not work after converting MDB to MDE
Hello all, I'm using the code described in KB article(see link below) to print a report on legal paper in landscape mode, however the code no longer works when I convert the database the Access 97 database from MDB to MDE. Any thoughts on how I get around this? Thanks, Rohit Thomas http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;302650&Product=acc97 Rohit, The code fails at the following statement: DoCmd.OpenReport strName, acDesign when run in an .mde, because by definition an .mde does not allow for objects like forms and reports to be opened in design view, like ...

Create Your FREE Niche Search Engine For Earning Affiliate Program
Create Your FREE Niche Search Engine For Earning Affiliate Program Commissions. http://Findality.com/tissa.htm ...

Creating a header using non-contiguous rows
Using Excel 2000 I am using the FILE/Page Setup/Sheet tab/Rows to repeat at top technique to create a header. I currently have $1:$4 in the Rows to repeat at top. I also want to include rows 15 and 16. I have not found a way to do this. Any suggestions? Bernie No way to do this. "Print titles must contiguous and complete rows or columns" is the error message you get when you try to select non-contiguous rows. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:55:45 -0700, "Bernie Doepkens" <Bdoepken@dbm.state.md.us> wrote: >Using Excel 2000 >I am using the F...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

creating rules
Is there a way to create rules from VB (specifically EXCEL)? Any sample codes would be great. TIA, Bruce ...

Outlook Web Access #19

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...