Access unable to create an MDE

I am getting this message when I try to make an MDE:

"Access unable to create an MDE database"

No error mesages or any other info is displayed.  I
haven't had this trouble before.  Then I added a form, a
couple reports, an create table query, modified a toolbar
and added a module. Now I am getting this message.  This
database is a front end of a project with several linked
table to a back end.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jeff G
0
Jeff

Try compiling your application (under the Debug menu when you're in the VB
Editor). Often an application will have some error that doesn't manifest
itself while it's running

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Jeff G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting this message when I try to make an MDE:
>
> "Access unable to create an MDE database"
>
> No error mesages or any other info is displayed.  I
> haven't had this trouble before.  Then I added a form, a
> couple reports, an create table query, modified a toolbar
> and added a module. Now I am getting this message.  This
> database is a front end of a project with several linked
> table to a back end.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Jeff G

0
Douglas
8/9/2004 11:17:19 PM
Bingo!  Thanks

0
Jeff
8/9/2004 11:59:41 PM
Hi, Jeff.

As Doug wrote, try compiling first, and then fix any compile errors.  That's
the most common reason why Access produces this error message.  If that
doesn't help, there are several other things can prevent Access from
creating an MDE file.  Try the "Can't make an MDE!" checklist below:

Make sure that the answer to all of the following questions is "Yes":

1.)  Does the code compile?

2.)  Is the database format the same version of Access as that being used to
create the MDE?  (For example, the default database format for Access XP and
2003 is 2000, but one needs to convert the database to the current version
before making an MDE out of the MDB file.)

3.)  Do you have sufficient permissions on the Windows directory where the
MDE file is going to be created?  (Read, create, and modify)

4.)  If the database is secured using user-level security, are you currently
logged in as the owner of the database, or at least a member of the Admins
group?  (For best results, make sure that you are logged into the workgroup
as the owner of the database.  Being a member of the Admins group will
usually work, but not always.)

5.)  If you aren't the owner of the database, do you have sufficient
user-level permissions?  (Open/run, open exclusive, modify design or
administer for all tables, and read design permissions for all objects)

6.)  Is there sufficient disk space available for the new MDE file?

7.)  Are you attempting to create an MDE from Access 2K, but with
applications from Office XP or Visio 2002 also installed on the computer,
and already have Office 2K Service Packs 1, 2 and 3 installed?

8.)  Is the database no longer replicated, if it once was?

9.)  If there's a VBA password, have you already opened the VB Editor with
that password so that the code is accessible?

10.)  If this database references other Access databases as libraries, have
they all been converted to MDE files already, including any that are part of
a chain of library databases?

HTH.

Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips.

> Try compiling your application (under the Debug menu when you're in the VB
> Editor). Often an application will have some error that doesn't manifest
> itself while it's running
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Jeff G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am getting this message when I try to make an MDE:
> >
> > "Access unable to create an MDE database"
> >
> > No error mesages or any other info is displayed.  I
> > haven't had this trouble before.  Then I added a form, a
> > couple reports, an create table query, modified a toolbar
> > and added a module. Now I am getting this message.  This
> > database is a front end of a project with several linked
> > table to a back end.  Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jeff G

Exchange 2003 pop3 access
Hi, I have one remote user connecting to our exchange 2003 server using Outlook 2003 via pop3. Outlook is configured to leave a copy of the messages on the server. I realise RPC over HTTP is superior Today the user opened outlook and its trying to download 400+ emails dating back 6 months ago. Any ideas? mbanyon@hotmail.com <mbanyon@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I have one remote user connecting to our exchange 2003 server > using Outlook 2003 via pop3. > Outlook is configured to leave a copy of the messages on the server. > I realise RPC over HTTP is superior > Today the ...

Re: Access Problem Installing XP Pro SP3 (Success)
To all of you who took the time to help me thank you. Shenan, it took me three day but SP3 is installed and updated. I followed almost all your instructions. I did not check my drivers as I had no idea how to find or check all my drivers. I keep my video driver up to date but not the rest. I never use the Win Update Drivers. Also instead of uninstalling antivir and firewalls I updated to SP3 in Safe Mode. I have a question, what does using the control key in win update key strokes do? Also do you think IE8 will now install? When I update after the install there was one large...

open two different Access reports

Error creating dates
I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary When i do double click nothing happens... Any idea? Thanks in advance. Reboot your computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Virgulilla asked: | I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary | | When i do double click nothing happens... | Any idea? | | Thanks in advance. ...

Create a table from raw data
Raw Data Total Time(Minutes) 5.4 6.5 5.8 8.1 5.6 6.2 4.2 5.1 6.1 From the above raw data how do I create a table as below ? Total Time Range(Minutes) No of count < 4 0 4.0 - 4.9 1 5.0 - 5.9 4 6.0 - 6.9 3 > 7 1 Total 9 Regards, Tee In B1 thru B5 enter: =COUNTIF(A:A,"<4") =COUNTIF(A:A,"<4.9")-COUNTIF(A:A,"<4") =...

using access database on a mac
Hi. Over the years I've developed an access database which uses 30+ tables, queries, forms, reports, macros etc. Using replication the rest of my department have been able to use the dbase on their laptops. It's a school department and the database keeps pupil records, extra-curricular details, resource information etc. Now however it looks like we are going to switch to Mac's. I would be grateful if someone could give me possible solutions. All the machines would have internet access. many thanks On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:02:41 -0800 (PST), barnimup <barnimup@googlemail.com...

cannot create new fields in CRM
Hi There, we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the error message saying "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator." As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0 Rgds, Kyaw is the System Customizer role deleted? if it is, add the role back using the script found here: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+de...

Create user Wizard / Login Control
Good Evening everyone, Just wondering if someone can help with my problem. I created an ASP website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added a Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page. Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on every computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS. I wanted to put on a webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with solution and all other files onto a flash drive ...

Quick create 08-05-03
When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option to choose the recipient of this activity. When you select the magnifying glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create a "New" entity. However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this functionality not available yet? Thanks! It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient defined as...

Batch Conversion from Access 97 to Access XP
Hi, im looking for a tool, which is able to scan directories for Access files and converts them from Access97 to Access XP. Thanks in advance for your help Regards Michael Automating conversions is seldom a good idea: if nothing else, you still need to test each database to ensure that it works in the new version, so that the actual time required to open the database in the new version and have it convert is an insignificant amount of time overall. While I know you say you're using Access 2002, you might still benefit from the Access 2003 Conversion Toolkit (since, by defau...

Use a loop to create multiple Charts
I am running a loop in VBA which is supposed to draw a new chart fo every (2) column(s) of data. However, I am not sure how to make it "jump" from column to column. Part of my program (does not include the "For i=1 to3 e.t.c.) is below The *high-lighted *part is the part I am trying to change. Instead of fixed reference I wanted to get the data I have in th _underlined__part. Any suggestions??? Sheets("OUTPUT All data").Select _Range(Cells(11,_2_*_i),_Cells(11,_2_*_i_+_1)).Select_ Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType ...

Create and customize axis on all sides of charts
It would be very helpful, especially for large charts, to be able to define/create an axis for all sides of the chart. Currently you can only have a secondary axis if you have multiple data sets in the chart, but it would be great if you were able to have the chart print the secondary axis even with a single data set. If this was possible, it would make sense to have each axis be independent of the others, allowing for custom scale, units, formatting, etc. We have several professors asking for this feature, and currently they have to kludge the chart to get it. For the sake of my ow...

don't want birthdays created automtically in my calendar
HI, It's very anoing that outlook automatically creates birthdays in he calendar for every single contact. Can that be prevented? Allan ...

Can I create Outlook Distribution List from Access database?
Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already stored in an Access database. I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, but would like to send the same email to several of the email addresses in one go. yes you can http://library.cortland.edu/tps/materials/distributionlistaccess.pdf Jan Main wrote: >Is it possible to create a Distribution List from email addresses already >stored in an Access database. >I can send an email to each individual email address listed in the database, >but would like to s...

create a form that collects parameters
Hi, i need a form where we search for a detail and the result should be published in the bottom, based on the result the user will decide what to do next in acess 2007. i refered the link below http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100963141033.aspx#form_param in this some mistake is there in the macro can somebody help me out. if any template for search form is available please let me know. thank you, -- Kalai Maybe something like this: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm This could be very helpful too: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut06.htm Al...

Add New User but no Mailbox created
To anyone be able to assist, We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain as the new user. My problems are that:- 1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:- "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." also 2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I check the &quo...

Excel export to Access
While designing my service reports using Excel 2002, I didn't take into consideration the fact that I would need to export data to an Access 2002 database in the future. Therefore, I've got cells at different locations throughout the worksheet that contain information that I need to export. All information regarding exporting data to Access implies that one has to start out with a tabular type Excel worksheet in order to facilitate an import. I've had success using a macro to copy the affected cells to another spreadsheet and then importing from that spreadsheet. Unfortuna...

Need to import select Access data into Excel using two variables
I have a large amount of data in Access, more than Excel can manage. The data consists of many columns; has Col_1 as unique key 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc… and contains data that includes Col_2, Col_3, Col_4 etc…. It takes a combination of Col_2 and Col_3 to get the data I want. Col_2 has duplicate values and Col_3 makes the subset unique. One more thing… Col_3, Col_4 etc…may have blanks throughout the table and can’t be changed. I don’t own it. I want to be able to open Excel, type “Number from Col_2” into Col_A , “(Number fromCol_3) or (blank)”into Col_B and have the Col_4, Col_5 etc… d...

Unable acces Public Folders from OWA & ESM Access denied
Unable acces Public Folders from OWA & ESM Access denied you dont have the permission to view this page. I am the Full Exchange Admin to this folders. I am able to get to the PF from Outlook Client. Please help asap. Thanks, Are you getting a particular error code when expanding your PF in ESM> James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Sturk1962 wrote: > Unable acces Public Folders from OWA & ESM Access denied you dont have the > permission to view this page. I am the Full Exchange Admin to this folders. I > am able to get to the PF from Outlook C...

Creating multiple hyperlinks created in 1 cell.
Is it possible to create more than 1 hyperlink per cell in a worksheet? I need to be able to link to multiple documents. If you're willing to cheat a bit. You can add two rectangles (formatted nicely to hide the borders) over the cell, you can assign different links to each. pjfandejf wrote: > > Is it possible to create more than 1 hyperlink per cell in a worksheet? I > need to be able to link to multiple documents. -- Dave Peterson ...

EXCEL, I want to create a series of calendars with dates marked f.
I have a list of all our maintenance requirements in excel. I need to produce a series of calendar check sheets with reminders of when each maintenance function is required. I have daily, weekly, quaterly, etc. I need to produce the calendars and post them for operator signature each month. Is there a better tool for this? ...

Unable to login POP3 server
Hi all, I have an account on Exchange server 2003. I can check the mails using outllook web access. But when I am trying to download the mails using outlook, pop3 server rejects the user name and password. Error message is "log onto incoming mail server (POP3); Outlook could not connect to the incoming pop3 mail server because the server did not accept your user name and password". thnks, Shaju Hi Shaju, First off are you using Outlook? Have you typed your username in the following format Domain\Username You might also need to type your username as below if your Exchange ...

Creating new excel docs with links
Hello, I was wondering if I can do the below with links in excel: I want to create an application that will read an excel file that contains the names of students in a course and creates a new excel file for each of the students based on the source file. The name of each new excel file should be the name of the student. I know I can create new worksheet and then link the cells between the source file and the new file. However, can I somehow have the link create a brand new excel file with the name of the contents of the cell the link is in? For example, if I have a cell in a source fil...

Access Page creation
Hi, I have created a page in access using 2 tables. I could able to view the data on th epage but somehow not able to edit/add records. I checked the property sheet and it show AddAllows/EditAllows property set as True. So where's the fault? I am new to access environment and want help as soon as possible. Thanks. Rajib K Behera Maybe a missing primary key on one of the tables. -- Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC E-mail: sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please) "Rajib Behera" <Rajib Behera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Extracting Data from Access dB to Excel, using VBA
Hi All, Firstly, I'm an amateur on a steep learning curve, so please excuse me if some of my terminology/understanding is incomplete. I have found a VBA procedure which will extract entire tables from a db to a grid array in an excel spreadsheet. The procedure relies on two cell values, one identifies the database path, the other identifies the required table. When the procedure is run, it evaluates the two values and returns the specified table in its entirety. The problem I am having is that it works perfectly for tables that have no 'dead-space', ie blank fi...