Access Default File Format

All of our users are running Access XP.  The default file format is
Access 2000, so every new database created uses this format.  We need
to change 50 users options so that new databases are created in Access
2002 format.  I haven't found an easy way to automate this or script
it.  It appears to be user specific and not machine specific.

Can anyone help?
0
kskistad

Take a look at this article from the MSDN library.  It is for A2K but there may be a newer version or this one might give you enough info to find the specific setting you need.

Setting Global Options Programmatically in Access 2000
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc97/html/emldata.asp

--
Bridge Players know all the Tricks

"Kory Skistad" wrote:

> All of our users are running Access XP.  The default file format is
> Access 2000, so every new database created uses this format.  We need
> to change 50 users options so that new databases are created in Access
> 2002 format.  I haven't found an easy way to automate this or script
> it.  It appears to be user specific and not machine specific.
>
> Can anyone help?

I have looked at this, but if it is a user setting, it will
probably be in the registry at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Access\10.0\Access\Settings

and in HKEY_USERS under each user.

(david)

"Kory Skistad" <kskistad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All of our users are running Access XP.  The default file format is
> Access 2000, so every new database created uses this format.  We need
> to change 50 users options so that new databases are created in Access
> 2002 format.  I haven't found an easy way to automate this or script
> it.  It appears to be user specific and not machine specific.
>
> Can anyone help?

0
david
8/2/2004 3:09:31 AM
> I have looked at this, but

...have NOT looked at this, but ...

(david)

"david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote in message
> I have looked at this, but if it is a user setting, it will
> probably be in the registry at
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Access\10.0\Access\Settings
>
> and in HKEY_USERS under each user.
>
> (david)

0
david
8/2/2004 8:47:07 AM
"Pat hartman" <Pathartman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Take a look at this article from the MSDN library.  It is for A2K but
there may be a newer version or this one might give you enough info to find
the specific setting you need.

> Setting Global Options Programmatically in Access 2000

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc97/htm
l/emldata.asp

> --
> Bridge Players know all the Tricks
>

> "Kory Skistad" wrote:
>
> > All of our users are running Access XP.  The default file format is
> > Access 2000, so every new database created uses this format.  We need
> > to change 50 users options so that new databases are created in Access
> > 2002 format.  I haven't found an easy way to automate this or script
> > it.  It appears to be user specific and not machine specific.
> >
> > Can anyone help?

0
ڹ

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

The system file cannot be specified
I don't know if this is the right group but I hope someone can help. I have XP Home with Service Pack 3. I have a file on my NTFS slave drive with following entry in one of its directories: 01 - O 'twas a joyful sound to hear (Colchester) _Tansus/mq3 Obviously there's an invalid character in the name but I can't delete it. Every time I do, it says: "The system file cannot be specified." It has a file length of 0 bytes. I have tried many ways to delete this, but nothing works. Here are just two of the many things I've tried: http://support.mic...

Conditional Formatting #26
Can conditional formatting check cell A1 for a number greater than one and change the color of the font for the cells B1 through G1 if true? I basically want to hide row contents (font white against white) until the first cell is filled. Is this possible? Select B1:G1 (or B1:Gxx if you want to do multiple rows at once). Then with the activcell in row 1: format|Conditional formatting|Formula is: =$A1="" The $A means to always look at the value in column A. give it a nice white font. General Specific wrote: > > Can conditional formatting check cell A1 for a number gre...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Meeting/Appointment file and/or text incluede
Hi folks, is it possible to include text and/or attachment for the organisation in Meetings and Appointments when the staff is scheduling apointments/meetings? Thanks in advanced. - Bjarni ...

Inserting picture from file in Publisher 2000
I installed a trial Pub 2007 and when it ran its course I uninstalled it and reinstalled Publisher 2000. Since doing this I cannot insert a picture other than clipart, ie. I can't insert a picture from my files or internet. I get a message saying Pub doesn't recognise the format or there was an error loading a graphic converter. Some of the graphics converters may be missing. Run setup again. Well I've tried the 'repair' from setup again but still no joy. Can anybody help? I'm not too good with these problems so can you keep it simple for me? -- Ruth The graph...

Default namespace, prefix and XDocument
Hi all I have the following code: Namespace ns = "http://www.abc.com"; XDocument xDoc = new XDocument( new XElement(ns + "root", new XElement("person", new XAttribute("id", 1), new XElement("forename", "jack"), new XElement("age", 35)), new XElement("person", new XAttribute("id", 2), new XElement("for...

can't open this item can't find this file make sure the path and file name are c
I have a couple of Outlook 2000 users that when they are forwarded an email with a routing slip and they try to open the emial they get the error - can't open this item can't find this file make sure the path and file name are correct. They also get this error when they receive and email from our Voicemail server with the voicemail as an attachement. If they receive an email with any other attachement they can open them just fine. If the users forward these emials to others or open them from other computers they open fine. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling but th...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Open file dialog on Vista
I am adapting my apps for Vista. The apps need to run on all Win32/Win64 platforms, and are still in VC6, with the February 2003 PSDK. By writing my own version of CFileDialog (based on Paul DiLascia's code) I was able to obtain the file dialog with the places bar on W2K/XP, while showing the old file dialog on other platforms. But what do I need to do to get the new Vista open file dialog on Vista? As it is I am getting the XP one. David Wilkinson Hi David, I don't know a lot about that level of Vista yet (just used it as a user, haven't really ported to it yet), but...

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

how to change default comment format in excel (2000)
I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do it each time I enter a comment. Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to change the Font size at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default And she has a macro that can do more: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted superiorparties wrote: > > I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each > individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do >...

Can an XML file have an icon?
Is there a way I can put icon data into an XML file so Windows displays the file with its own custom icon rather than the generic XML-file icon? What kinds of files (in Vista and up) can have their own distinctive icons? Thanks! ...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Extracting a ZIP file in Powershell
I have a function that I found that will extract the zip files in powershell I'm running this on a script on a remote machine that does not have powershell 2.0 function Extract-Zip { param([string]$zipfilename, [string] $destination) if(test-path($zipfilename)) { $shellApplication = new-object -com shell.application $zipPackage = $shellApplication.NameSpace($zipfilename) $destinationFolder = $shellApplication.NameSpace($destination) $destinationFolder.CopyHere($zipPackage.Items()) } } Example to use this function is: extract-zip c:\temp\test.zip D:\ I have a coupl...

Reading contents CHttpFile file starting from the end of file.
I have a CHttpFile which contains records per day. The records in the file are ordered date descending. I need to have my records with date ascending. So, if I read the file starting with last record back up to first record I'll get my data sorted correctly. There is a huge amount of data, that's why I want to read the data in the correct order instead of reading it, placing in memory and then sorting. I'm using CHttpFile.ReadString to read the contents right now but it read from the top. Is there any way for me search through the contents of the file of a '\n' ...

Outlook 2007 very slow
When I start Outlook 2007, it takes a long time to start. Once it has started, there are multiple Archive selections in the File Menu. What is causing this and how do I stop it from happening? I have tried Menu Bar Reset without any joy. Here is my Jing Screenshot of the File Menu. http://screencast.com/t/YjA4NWMzNj It takes about 15 seconds of holding my cursor at the bottom of the File Menu to scroll to the bottom of the Archives. Here is a Jing Screenshot of the bottom of the File Menu http://screencast.com/t/OWQwMDEyNjk I have tried disabling all of the Add-Ins, one by ...

Trivia : the default desktop background for XP
That's an actual roadside picture he took while driving in Napa http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/article_7703c8b2-03e9-11df-bb34-001cc4c03286.html HoopleHead Alert. "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message news:u9IgsOhOLHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > That's an actual roadside picture he took while driving in Napa > > http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/article_7703c8b2-03e9-11df-bb34-001cc4c03286.html > Out of your dorm again? "Penn E. Loafer" <penn@eloafer.invalid> wrote in message news:i40rcg...

File Associations
Is there a way to install office 2007 without it changing my file associations? Thanks, Bob Which ones? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "k2nnj" <k2nnj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OkF655BZKHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to install office 2007 without it changing my file > associations? > > Thanks, > Bob ..do...