Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07

Hi,

We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI
Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an
ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when
using:

DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter

 A selection on a name like "Cot�"  will return no record. Asking for "Cote"
will return all records including "Cot�".

I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any
recommandation at Microsoft.

 Thanks.

0
Jacques

"Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote:

>We work in a mostly french environment.

If you don't get a useful answer here I'd suggest asking in the French
Access newsgroup.   I suspect many of us unilingua Anglophones,
including me, don't have a clue about multi lingual issues.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

I have tried in France before coming here. NewsGroup are great to get
yourself on track to troubleshoot issues.

Regards,

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>We work in a mostly french environment.
>
> If you don't get a useful answer here I'd suggest asking in the French
> Access newsgroup.   I suspect many of us unilingua Anglophones,
> including me, don't have a clue about multi lingual issues.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
>   Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/

0
Jacques
8/31/2007 1:44:12 PM
"Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have tried in France before coming here. NewsGroup are great to get
>yourself on track to troubleshoot issues.

Darn. I've asked my fellow MVPs, some of whom are definitely not
Anglophones to review your posting.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony
9/1/2007 12:52:54 AM
What database sort order are you using? Sometimes when
a database is upgraded from 97 the settings are not right.

MichKa (Michael Kaplan)  is the man to ask :~) He was an
Access MVP, and is a MS internationalization guru, although
he probably won't thank us for being mentioned here...

http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/

BTW: I HATE GOOGLE GROUPS.

Search for
    guid kill group:*access*

Do you get ANY access groups at all? Can you find this classic
MichKa posting:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba/msg/fe9290a80eb2ef4c
by searching for key phrases? Has the Ministry of Truth taken over?

I would recommend that you search for what MichKa had to say
about sort order and upgrading from 97 to 2000, but I can't
recommend a search engine that would let you find it.

"Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI
> Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an
> ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when
> using:
>
> DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter
>
>  A selection on a name like "Cot�"  will return no record. Asking for
"Cote"
> will return all records including "Cot�".
>
> I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any
> recommandation at Microsoft.
>
>  Thanks.

0
david
9/2/2007 3:22:30 AM
Hi,
Access is still not 100% Unicode (VBA first of all), perhaps control panel's
regional settings-advanced-language for non-Unicode programs setting could
help here, try to set French there

--
Best regards,
___________

"Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI
> Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an
> ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when
> using:
>
> DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter
>
> A selection on a name like "Cot�"  will return no record. Asking for
> "Cote"
> will return all records including "Cot�".
>
> I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any
> recommandation at Microsoft.
>
> Thanks.

0
Alex
9/2/2007 7:52:28 AM
<david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:

>BTW: I HATE GOOGLE GROUPS.
>
>Search for
>    guid kill group:*access*

It looks like Google groups no longer supports a * in the front of the
group keyword only after.  So microsoft.public.access.* does work.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony
9/2/2007 6:00:37 PM
Hi,

I was away and just came back.

We use to have French Windows 2000 computers. So I re-image an old computer
with a French Windows 2000 O/S and the same problem happens.

I will try what you have suggested.

Regards,

"Alex Dybenko" <alexdyb@PLEASE.cemi.NO.rssi.SPAM.ru> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Access is still not 100% Unicode (VBA first of all), perhaps control
> panel's regional settings-advanced-language for non-Unicode programs
> setting could help here, try to set French there
>
> --
> Best regards,
> ___________
> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> http://alexdyb.blogspot.com
> http://www.PointLtd.com
>
> "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using
>> MUI
>> Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of
>> an
>> ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when
>> using:
>>
>> DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter
>>
>> A selection on a name like "Cot�"  will return no record. Asking for
>> "Cote"
>> will return all records including "Cot�".
>>
>> I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find
>> any
>> recommandation at Microsoft.
>>
>> Thanks.

0
Jacques

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Access

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...

Exchange 2003 deployment
I have set up to domains, x.com and y.x.com as child I have set up exchange server 2003 on x.com, i have not installed exchange server at y.x.com I have set up management tools to DC at y.x.com, when i create a user, my exchange servet at x.com i displayed but mailbox store is null. Do i have to setup exchange also to y.x.com in order to use exchange both at x.com and y.x.com The account that you are logged in with needs to have the correct permissions in the Exchange organization to see the mailbox stores, the minimum permissions needed would be View Only Admin. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange...

E-mails Missing in Outlook Express 2003
My E-mail messages were compacted this afternoon and now all of my E-mail messages dated from 1-12-07 to today 03-22-07 are missing. How can I retrieve them? -- Ray10X10 This is a Office Outlook newsgroup. You should repost this to the = Outlook Express newsgroup. Meanwhile here is a snip from a post by Bruce Hagen MVP-OE <snip> The bak files are created in the Recycle Bin when you compact,=20 OE uses dbx files which are the ones backed up as bak files. . If you are using OE, this is how to restore dbx (bak) files. All e-mail items may be missing when you start Outlook Express...

Outlook 2003 Crash After Install Office 2003 SP3
Hi, My Outlook Crashed regully after I install the Office 2003 SP3. it says: outlook has encountered a problem ans needs to be close. we are sorry for the inconveniences . please tell microsoft about this problem . and not any more information that I can get. it happens when I read mail. write mail or any time. what is the problem ? does it means SP3 shouldnot be installed? -- Gordon I'm running Office/Outlook 2003 SP3 just fine. Couple of thoughts to get you started... 1) Run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) against your *.PST file(s) 2) Exclude the .PST file extension from r...