Access 97 executables and other versions of Access

I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as we
don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and some
of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer technology!

We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms) into
Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of Access
due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
locked down).

Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
instead of using mdb/mde files?

Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?

Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?

Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
and XP at the moment)?

Are there any issues with going down this route?

Thanks

Steve

0
knee_boarder

Hi,
Access 97 to 2000 conversion should work smoothly, just check that you have
all references in place. and remove all unused references in Access 97 mdb
before converting
Furthermore - you can run Access 97 mdb on Access 2000.
Having Access 97 and 2000 running on same PC is not a problem, works fine

--
Best regards,
___________

"knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message news:9e448e420fd75@uwe...
> I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
> we
> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
> some
> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
> technology!
>
> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
> into
> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
> Access
> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
> locked down).
>
> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>
> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?
>
> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>
> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
> and XP at the moment)?
>
> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

0
Alex
10/29/2009 11:11:52 AM
What I completely forgot to mention is it's Access 97 forms linking to a sql
server database rather than everything being in Access 97 (using linked
tables and queries)

Alex Dybenko wrote:
>Hi,
>Access 97 to 2000 conversion should work smoothly, just check that you have
>all references in place. and remove all unused references in Access 97 mdb
>before converting
>Furthermore - you can run Access 97 mdb on Access 2000.
>Having Access 97 and 2000 running on same PC is not a problem, works fine
>
>> I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
>> we
>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>>
>> Steve

knee_boarder
10/29/2009 12:50:26 PM
Hi,
still should work ok. What kind of errors you are getting after conversion
(or during it)?

--
Best regards,
___________

"knee_boarder via AccessMonster.com" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message
> What I completely forgot to mention is it's Access 97 forms linking to a
> sql
> server database rather than everything being in Access 97 (using linked
> tables and queries)
>
> Alex Dybenko wrote:
>>Hi,
>>Access 97 to 2000 conversion should work smoothly, just check that you
>>have
>>all references in place. and remove all unused references in Access 97 mdb
>>before converting
>>Furthermore - you can run Access 97 mdb on Access 2000.
>>Having Access 97 and 2000 running on same PC is not a problem, works fine
>>
>>> I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access
>>> as
>>> we
>>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>>>
>>> Steve

Alex
10/29/2009 3:05:26 PM
HIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS REALLY WEIRD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS ON ABOUT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
WHY DO YOU TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF?

"knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message news:9e448e420fd75@uwe...
> I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
> we
> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
> some
> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
> technology!
>
> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
> into
> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
> Access
> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
> locked down).
>
> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>
> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?
>
> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>
> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
> and XP at the moment)?
>
> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

0
jesus
10/31/2009 2:03:24 PM
"knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote:

>I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as we
>don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases

And it will take significantly longer to develop the same app in a
..Net or other solution than it would in Access anyhow.

>We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms) into
>Access 2000 but they fail

Like Alex stated they should convert relatively easily.  Let us know
the error messages and we can help out.

>and we don't want to install two versions of Access
>due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
>locked down).

Well, you'd likely need to keep developing in A97 though until the
last of your users convert to A2000.

Hmm, A2000 is quite old.  MS won't be delivering any more security
patches in about a year or so.

>Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
>could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
>instead of using mdb/mde files?

There is no such product.

Now what there is available is a runtime.  But if you already have a
version of Access installed then there's no real need for the runtime.

>Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
>and XP at the moment)?

No.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
"jesus" <6330@stjohns.wilts.sch.uk> wrote:

>HIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>THIS IS REALLY WEIRD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS ON ABOUT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
>WHY DO YOU TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF?

This forum/newsgroup is meant for discussions on Microsoft Access.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
Tony
11/1/2009 1:08:43 AM
"knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message news:9e448e420fd75@uwe...
>I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
>we
> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
> some
> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
> technology!
>
> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
> into
> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
> Access
> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
> locked down).
>
> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>
> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?
>
> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>
> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
> and XP at the moment)?
>
> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

0
kenneth
11/1/2009 10:30:28 PM

Le 29/10/09 13:50, dans 9e51099d65383@uwe, ��knee_boarder via
AccessMonster.com�� <u55803@uwe> a �crit�:

> What I completely forgot to mention is it's Access 97 forms linking to a sql
> server database rather than everything being in Access 97 (using linked
> tables and queries)
>
> Alex Dybenko wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Access 97 to 2000 conversion should work smoothly, just check that you have
>> all references in place. and remove all unused references in Access 97 mdb
>> before converting
>> Furthermore - you can run Access 97 mdb on Access 2000.
>> Having Access 97 and 2000 running on same PC is not a problem, works fine
>>
>>> I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
>>> we
>> [quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>>>
>>> Steve

0
Gilbert
11/10/2009 4:40:24 PM
no spicke ingli

"knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: 9e448e420fd75@uwe...
> I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
> we
> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
> some
> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
> technology!
>
> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
> into
> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
> Access
> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
> locked down).
>
> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>
> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?
>
> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>
> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
> and XP at the moment)?
>
> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

0
nathalie
11/13/2009 4:26:31 PM

"jesus" <6330@stjohns.wilts.sch.uk> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : 80BC8029-2443-4169-90E0-D958A59F7E75@microsoft.com...
> HIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> THIS IS REALLY WEIRD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS ON ABOUT? WHAT DO YOU
> MEAN? WHY DO YOU TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF?
>
> "knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message news:9e448e420fd75@uwe...
>> I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access
>> as we
>> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
>> some
>> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
>> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
>> technology!
>>
>> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
>> into
>> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
>> Access
>> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
>> locked down).
>>
>> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
>> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is
>> installed
>> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>>
>> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde
>> files?
>>
>> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>>
>> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of
>> 2000
>> and XP at the moment)?
>>
>> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Steve

        dsl je suis po ou je suis suis expliquer moi svp si ya quelqun qui
parle francais  svp???????????????.......................

0
joe
11/15/2009 6:42:58 AM
i have some questions about this how do u add friends
"knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message news:9e448e420fd75@uwe...
>I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
>we
> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
> some
> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
> technology!
>
> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
> into
> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
> Access
> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
> locked down).
>
> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>
> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?
>
> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>
> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
> and XP at the moment)?
>
> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

0
zion
11/25/2009 2:30:24 AM

Le 25/11/09 03:30, dans eNxdBcXbKHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, ��zion
gerald�� <gerald.zion@yahoo.com> a �crit�:

> i have some questions about this how do u add friends
> "knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message news:9e448e420fd75@uwe...
>> I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
>> we
>> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
>> some
>> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
>> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
>> technology!
>>
>> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
>> into
>> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
>> Access
>> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
>> locked down).
>>
>> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
>> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
>> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>>
>> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?
>>
>> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>>
>> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
>> and XP at the moment)?
>>
>> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Steve

0
Edmundo
11/27/2009 7:09:48 PM
Yeah steve. What will happen then??
"knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message news:9e448e420fd75@uwe...
>I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
>we
> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
> some
> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
> technology!
>
> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
> into
> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
> Access
> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
> locked down).
>
> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>
> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?
>
> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>
> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
> and XP at the moment)?
>
> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

0
alex
11/29/2009 3:39:56 PM
edyefeyf9eyGDFEFdefie fayefoyeweyw8fouhdufaiyfwi8uryeiwoiew
"knee_boarder" <u55803@uwe> wrote in message news:9e448e420fd75@uwe...
>I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as
>we
> don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and
> some
> of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a
> local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer
> technology!
>
> We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms)
> into
> Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of
> Access
> due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are
> locked down).
>
> Do we need to purchase anything to produce stand alone executables which
> could be used on any pc regardless of which version of Access is installed
> instead of using mdb/mde files?
>
> Would stand alone executables have all the functionality of mdb/mde files?
>
> Would this overcome the Office XXX version problem?
>
> Will newer versions of Windows become an issue (we're on a mixture of 2000
> and XP at the moment)?
>
> Are there any issues with going down this route?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

0
leo

Access Compact/Repair Issue
Client has an Access database on the D: drive of a particular server. MSAccess is installed in the Program Files directory of the C: drive on the same server. Client needs to compact/repair the database on the D: drive due to sizing issues. There is enough room on the D: drive to handle the copy of the database that is created when performing the Compact/Repair. ISSUE: For whatever reason, the Compact/Repair process is writing some files to the C: drive (MS Access Installation) during the Compact/Repair process and the C: drive doesn't have enough capacity to handle these tempor...

OWA Form based authentication
Hello Newsgroup ! I have a question. Does someone of you know how to access the mailbox of another user when form based authentication is enabled? Without FBA enabled it is servername/exchange/user@doamin.com. I don't know how to access the mailbox directly from the logon page when FBA is enabled. Thank you in advanced Br Markus ...

Tiff format problems with Access 2007
We have some databases created in Access 2000 with .tif files embedded to the forms and reports. And we are planning to migrate to Access 2007. We open databases created in Access 2000 with Access 2007 and we get the following error massage: 2114 <database name> doesn't support of the file 'I:\Tmimage\2005\20051028.tif,' or file is too large. Try converting the file to BMP format. Is Access 2007 supports tif format or is there any solution for this problem? The TIFF graphics filter was withdrawn in Office 2003, so many users with tiff images found that their app...

Cannot convert Money 98 Files to 2004 nor 2001 Demo version
I installed a demo version of MS Money 2004 to see if it is worth upgrading from Money 98. I tried to open my .MNY file and had the error : "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version.". I tried everything said in the Microsoft support article Q304254. But still was not able to do it. I even tried with a demo version of MS Money 2001. Please help. Thank you When you upgrade you must stay within a region i.e. US to US or UK to UK. It is likely that your M98 is non US and you have downloaded the US trial. What region is your M98? -- Regard...

DoMenuitems doesn't work in ACCESS 2007?
We have few Docmd. that are developed in 2000 file format and they are not working in ACCESS 2007. How can I fix them to make find, print etc commands work. I am not aware of these numbers DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 10, , acMenuVer70 -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200912/1 Even in Access 2000, DoMenuItem was considered deprecated, and to be avoided. You might go to http://www.accessruncommand.com/ and see whether you can find the equivalent comands. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access M...

How can I open files from a prev. version of Publisher in Pub 2000 #2
Is there a way to open files from an earlier version of Publisher in Publisher 2000? I have a file that I cannot access, that I believe was created in Publisher 97 or 98, that I need to access, but I get an error message that says it cannot be opened. You should be able to open it. Maybe it is a 2002 or 03 document. Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and in Norton Options Office Plug ins. If that doesn't work send the files to me and I will convert them for you. Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:...

Version 9.0 auto gl entries on inventory cost adjustments
We have just upgraded to GP 9.0. I am getting journal entries from purchasing module when the invoice gets matched to a purchase receipt of inventory that is already gone. The problem is the inventory offset number is not correct. So I have to do manual adjustments. I am trying to figure out where the account number is pulling from. The situation is we are using the purchased inventory item to produce another inventory item - thus causing the shortage. So I am looking at the unrealized and realized purchase price variance on the purchased product - they are correct, but not what i...

running multiple versions
If Money 2003 is not compatable with Money 2002 files, is there any work around so that BOTH products can be installed on the same machine? I need to work with both types of files? Any solutions? Yes. Install them in different directories. The most recently installed will grab file associations. You can work around this with shortcuts to the correct version application with the associated date file specified as a parameter. "Domenick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c0b201c46852$54e0eb90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > If Money 2003 is not compatable ...

Access 95
I' having a strange problem. A couple of years ago I wrote a little Access 95 database for a customer. They'd been using it witout problems for years but recently they have switched their machine to more recent version of Windows and Office (97). The database stopped working, conversion to Access 97 didn't work so they sent me the MDB file. I installed Access 95 on my Win98 machine (I had no Office installed before although I might have had some Office components hanging around, who knows...). The database is in fact not working. I'm getting a very strange error: the VB compil...

which should I use: Outlook or ACCESS?
I'm a long-time ACT user and want to change. With 5,000 contacts I want to see contacts and their respective histories, todo's, calls, meetings, attachments, etc.. ... and i'd like to use template to write letters, emails, etc. I'm using Outlook for my currently over 5'500 contacts. If there's something I want to write about a contact and there's no such field (like history) I use the big comment field. If you need to do more things (what Outlook doesn't support) go with Access. Or you could start with Outlook and later export the data if you really ne...

Users and access in CRM
Hi, My problem seems to be very easy, but I don't know how to solve it. So, I am making a migration from a custom Database to a CRM database.And I have this small issue: When I add a record in AccountBase table, I have to add 'OwningUser' and 'CreatedBy' . I want all users who are using the system to be able to see the records. I tried to create a System User, but I couldn't manage to set his access and configure the settings properly and nobody was abale to see the records. Have you any idaes how(where) to set the access of the system user (to let all the users se...

EXTERNAL OWA ACCESS
Hey everyone. I'm trying to setup external access to owa. Everything internally works fine. I dont want to give access to our companys default site to external parties. What do I need to setup in a new site to get OWA to work. I've tried copying all of the settings from the Exchange (and related) virtual directories into the new site, but all it does is list the mailboxes in plain text (like directory browsing). Thanks for the help. What version of Exchange are you using ? "DAN" <dancarmi@carmiflavors.com> wrote in message news:030401c3decd$a1a08760$a301280a@ph...

access 2007 add contacts from outlook
Hi, I created a contact management DB using 2003, then upgraded it to 2007. The 2007 version has a contact management template that has a handy macro which allows you to add contacts from outlook which I copied and pasted into my similar form. Works great in the template I downloaded, however once I put the button in my DB it doesn't work - the macro has remained in tact and I can see no links to DB-specific objects. I tried to create a new button with the same macro codes and still nothing. The macro is as follows: RunCommand: AddFromOutlook Pretty simple, but I g...

How to disable "A Program is trying to access Outlook" dialogue box?
After I re-installed Outlook XP, it has started displaying a dialogue box saying "A Program is trying to access Outlook. Do you want to allow access" with Yes/No buttons and if Yes, then to allow access for specified period in minutes, whenever I try to synchronize Outlook with my Palm Pilot addressbook. Is there a way to disable this dialogue, and allow automatic access to Outlook as it was before re-installation? Srini No, you need to go to Palm and get an update. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inse...

need to run another access program from a front-end
I have a front end that has exceeded its no. of objects (2000) as i cannot make mde out of it. What i plan to do is rmove some functions from the file and put it into another mde file which would be called fron the first front-end. How can I do this ? yusuf "programsimpleeh?" <programsimpleeh?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1A510E6-C0D0-41EF-AB61-A81F467C634A@microsoft.com... >I have a front end that has exceeded its no. of objects (2000) as i cannot > make mde out of it. What i plan to do is rmove some functions from the > file &...

How to work with Access 2003 in VB.net
Hi all, Is there a way to work with Access 2003 in VB.net, such as: 1. dynamically create a query from vb.net code and save it into Access? 2. cycle through the query definition as I would be able to using DAO? 3. change a query's SQL dynamically as condition changes based on parameters? 4. Deleting queries dynamically 5. just being able to use the DAO. I don't know if ADO.net can do all these things that DAO can do natively, if it can, can you please share some of your thoughts, code snippets and web links? Thanks, Ben AdoNet can, but be aware that the newer O...

How can I use wraparound of text in MS Access 2003?
How can I use wraparound of text in MS Access 2003? Where do you want the text to be wrapped? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "depthwish" <depthwish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58EF03B-EE30-40F5-829E-B38C00A774B5@microsoft.com... > How can I use wraparound of text in MS Access 2003? For reports, you can use the "can grow" and "can shrink" options to have text boxes expand as necessary (don't forget to set these options for the section as well). The controls on forms a...

Project accounting info for vendor does not exist on version 9
We have 15 companies, of which only ONE company uses project accounting. User ID does NOT have access to the alternate POP window to show project information. Why are we receiving the error that the vendor does not have PA info setup, when we are not using PA in this company? How do we shut this off for window that is not showing PA? As well in the company that will be using PA, if the PA info does NOT show on the window, we are entering regular POs therefore we do NOT want any PA info for the vendor. ...

Does any MS Money version include tracking vehicle fuel usage deta
My previous personal finance tracking software automatically requested mileage/odometer reading and amount of fuel and could report quickly and easily on consumption per vehicle. It boggles my mind that this simple add-on is not available on such an established personal finance package, so I assume the version I am trialing is just missing it, and it can't be a complete oversight from MS. Please could someone let me know if any version of MS money includes this facility, and if none, what other personal finance software does? =?Utf-8?B?QmFycnk=?= <Barry@discussions.microsoft.co...

Convert access into other developer program
I have developed dictionary in Microsoft Access. I want to make this Dict in C++ or Visual Basic Does anybody have search engine source who can send to me. Thanks very much ...

MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)
I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The application works fine under different users. Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user everything is going well. But if the app ...

Cannot change bank access password in Money 2006
My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2006, it will not accept the change, always reverting to the original password. I have previewed as many existing discussion threads and cannot find solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have Money 2005 and have the same problem. Did you ever get a fix for this? "JimB" wrote: > My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at > that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2...

Created a 3rd Party product in Dexterity
Hi ya. I've just created my first small application to integrate with Great Plains. I entered in Version number information (major, minor, build) when I was creating the chunk file. Is that version number information stored in any existing Great Plains table at this time? Paula These numbers are not stored in any GP tables for ISV products. I would recommend using Major and Minor numbers to match the GP version you are integrating with and the build number as your reference. Please note that when creating a chunk, the Product ID MUST be provided to you from Great Plains. Yo...

pst conversion ... 97/2002 to 2007
I asked something similar in another thread but was getting off that topic's original question so I reposted here. The situation is this - I bought Office 2007 last year and imported the pst file from my Outlook 2000. (OK< I now know I shouldn't have done that, but the option was there and I did it.) So, my present outlook.pst file contains Contacts, etc. from the Office 2000 flavor and, of course, the newly created 2007 Contacts, etc. flavor. I have since learned that there are several kinds of pst files. How do I go about converting my outlook.pst (Personal Folder file ...

Browser closing when accessing crm
Hi, i recently installed crm server. now i want to acces crm from another pc. ( spec: Windows XP SP2 ) When i enter the ip-adres of the server i get a login screen. When i enter my username+password and login the browser shuts itself. I already added the server in the trusted websites , as ip-adres. What am i doing wrong? Greets Geert. Seems like a popup blocker is active (google toolbar). Shut that down and your good to go.. Goodluck Ron "Geert" <Geert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD4B23C1-9F67-40FA-AD26-780D8F826D51@microsoft.com... > Hi, > &...