Access 2003-Access 2002 Incompatibility

I updated an Access 2002 db using Access 2003.  Now when I
try to run the db on Access 2002 I get an error message
that says:

Access contains a missing or broken reference to file
msador15.dll version 2.7

What can I do to fix this problem?  Or more generally,
what do I do to ensure that dbs created or modified with
Access 2003 will still run on Access 2002?  Thanks.
0
Chaplain

Have MDAC 2.7 been installed on the machine that's attempting to use the
database?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Chaplain Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I updated an Access 2002 db using Access 2003.  Now when I
> try to run the db on Access 2002 I get an error message
> that says:
>
> Access contains a missing or broken reference to file
> msador15.dll version 2.7
>
> What can I do to fix this problem?  Or more generally,
> what do I do to ensure that dbs created or modified with
> Access 2003 will still run on Access 2002?  Thanks.

0
Douglas
9/1/2004 2:45:30 PM
Piggy-backing on Doug's post because I don't see the original ...

msador15.dll is the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset library - a
cut-down version of ADODB intended for use in web applications. I've never
heard of anyone using it in an Access application. If it is being used at
all, it can probably be replaced with ADODB, and this would probably solve
the problem because, unlike ADOR and ADOX, you can have multiple versions of
ADODB installed on one PC. Just leave the reference set to the latest
version that exists on both PCs.

--
Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
http://brenreyn.blogspot.com

The spammers and script-kiddies have succeeded in making it impossible for
me to use a real e-mail address in public newsgroups. E-mail replies to
this post will be deleted without being read. Any e-mail claiming to be
from brenreyn at indigo dot ie that is not digitally signed by me with a
GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted without
being read. Follow-up questions should in general be posted to the
newsgroup, but if you have a good reason to send me e-mail, you'll find
a useable e-mail address at the URL above.

> Have MDAC 2.7 been installed on the machine that's attempting to use the
> database?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Chaplain Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I updated an Access 2002 db using Access 2003.  Now when I
> > try to run the db on Access 2002 I get an error message
> > that says:
> >
> > Access contains a missing or broken reference to file
> > msador15.dll version 2.7
> >
> > What can I do to fix this problem?  Or more generally,
> > what do I do to ensure that dbs created or modified with
> > Access 2003 will still run on Access 2002?  Thanks.

0
Brendan
9/1/2004 3:28:48 PM
Indeed, Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7
Library is included (checked)in my list of references for
this database.  I take it you mean that I should uncheck
it and select instead ADODB.  However, when I look under
the available references I do not find ADODB.  What would
it be called?  Thanks.

wrote in message
>> > I updated an Access 2002 db using Access 2003.  Now
when I
>> > try to run the db on Access 2002 I get an error
message
>> > that says:
>> >
>> > Access contains a missing or broken reference to file
>> > msador15.dll version 2.7
>> >
>> > What can I do to fix this problem?  Or more generally,
>> > what do I do to ensure that dbs created or modified
with
>> > Access 2003 will still run on Access 2002?  Thanks.
>>

>.

0
Chaplain
9/1/2004 3:58:44 PM
There isn't actually an ADODB library: it's the object that comes from the
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.x Library.

--

> Indeed, Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7
> Library is included (checked)in my list of references for
> this database.  I take it you mean that I should uncheck
> it and select instead ADODB.  However, when I look under
> the available references I do not find ADODB.  What would
> it be called?  Thanks.

0
Douglas
9/1/2004 4:59:48 PM
Thanks Doug. For some reason, while I'm seeing your replies in this thread,
I'm not seeing the questions! It's a bit like overhearing one side of a
phone call! :-)

--

> There isn't actually an ADODB library: it's the object that comes from the
> Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.x Library.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Chaplain Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Indeed, Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7
> > Library is included (checked)in my list of references for
> > this database.  I take it you mean that I should uncheck
> > it and select instead ADODB.  However, when I look under
> > the available references I do not find ADODB.  What would
> > it be called?  Thanks.

0
Brendan
9/2/2004 10:47:20 AM
I've been noticing you complaining about that problem a lot lately.

Are you connecting directly to msnews.microsoft.com, or are you using your
ISP's server?

Or is our plot to make you paranoid starting to work? <g>

--

"Brendan Reynolds" <brenreyn at indigo dot ie> wrote in message
> Thanks Doug. For some reason, while I'm seeing your replies in this
thread,
> I'm not seeing the questions! It's a bit like overhearing one side of a
> phone call! :-)
>
> --
> Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
> http://brenreyn.blogspot.com
>
> The spammers and script-kiddies have succeeded in making it impossible for
> me to use a real e-mail address in public newsgroups. E-mail replies to
> this post will be deleted without being read. Any e-mail claiming to be
> from brenreyn at indigo dot ie that is not digitally signed by me with a
> GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted without
> being read. Follow-up questions should in general be posted to the
> newsgroup, but if you have a good reason to send me e-mail, you'll find
> a useable e-mail address at the URL above.
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
> > There isn't actually an ADODB library: it's the object that comes from
the
> > Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.x Library.
> >
> > --
> > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> > http://I.Am/DougSteele
> > (no e-mails, please!)
> >

> > "Chaplain Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Indeed, Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7
> > > Library is included (checked)in my list of references for
> > > this database.  I take it you mean that I should uncheck
> > > it and select instead ADODB.  However, when I look under
> > > the available references I do not find ADODB.  What would
> > > it be called?  Thanks.

0
Douglas
9/2/2004 11:36:14 AM
Probably #3! :-)

--

> I've been noticing you complaining about that problem a lot lately.
>
> Are you connecting directly to msnews.microsoft.com, or are you using your
> ISP's server?
>
> Or is our plot to make you paranoid starting to work? <g>
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Brendan Reynolds" <brenreyn at indigo dot ie> wrote in message
> > Thanks Doug. For some reason, while I'm seeing your replies in this
> thread,
> > I'm not seeing the questions! It's a bit like overhearing one side of a
> > phone call! :-)
> >
> > --
> > Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
> > http://brenreyn.blogspot.com
> >
> > The spammers and script-kiddies have succeeded in making it impossible
for
> > me to use a real e-mail address in public newsgroups. E-mail replies to
> > this post will be deleted without being read. Any e-mail claiming to be
> > from brenreyn at indigo dot ie that is not digitally signed by me with a
> > GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted
without
> > being read. Follow-up questions should in general be posted to the
> > newsgroup, but if you have a good reason to send me e-mail, you'll find
> > a useable e-mail address at the URL above.
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
> > > There isn't actually an ADODB library: it's the object that comes from
> the
> > > Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.x Library.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > http://I.Am/DougSteele
> > > (no e-mails, please!)
> > >

> > > "Chaplain Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Brendan
9/2/2004 11:56:11 AM
That file name msador15.dll is actually the file name for MDAC 2.8 or at
least on my Win 2K machine. When I opened Access and looked at the reference
list, my ADO 2.8 actually indicates that file name. I thought I was seeing
things, so I looked at ADO 2.7 it actually indicated msado2.7 in the file
name.

--
G Vaught

> Piggy-backing on Doug's post because I don't see the original ...
>
> msador15.dll is the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset library - a
> cut-down version of ADODB intended for use in web applications. I've never
> heard of anyone using it in an Access application. If it is being used at
> all, it can probably be replaced with ADODB, and this would probably solve
> the problem because, unlike ADOR and ADOX, you can have multiple versions
> of
> ADODB installed on one PC. Just leave the reference set to the latest
> version that exists on both PCs.
>
> --
> Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
> http://brenreyn.blogspot.com
>
> The spammers and script-kiddies have succeeded in making it impossible for
> me to use a real e-mail address in public newsgroups. E-mail replies to
> this post will be deleted without being read. Any e-mail claiming to be
> from brenreyn at indigo dot ie that is not digitally signed by me with a
> GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted without
> being read. Follow-up questions should in general be posted to the
> newsgroup, but if you have a good reason to send me e-mail, you'll find
> a useable e-mail address at the URL above.
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>> Have MDAC 2.7 been installed on the machine that's attempting to use the
>> database?
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Chaplain Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I updated an Access 2002 db using Access 2003.  Now when I
>> > try to run the db on Access 2002 I get an error message
>> > that says:
>> >
>> > Access contains a missing or broken reference to file
>> > msador15.dll version 2.7
>> >
>> > What can I do to fix this problem?  Or more generally,
>> > what do I do to ensure that dbs created or modified with
>> > Access 2003 will still run on Access 2002?  Thanks.

0
GVaught
9/5/2004 5:31:50 AM
I haven't installed MDAC 2.8 on this machine, but for MDAC 2.7, I see 2
separate references:
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7 Library

The first one corresponds to msado15.dll (and adds the ADODB reference),
while the second one corresponds to msador15.dll (and adds the ADOR
reference).

It's my understanding that the most recent version of ADO installed will
always correspond to msado15.dll. If all you've installed is MDAC 2.1, then
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library will correspond to msado15.dll.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/odeopg/html/deovradocomponentlibraries.asp
talks about Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset being "A lightweight
version of ADO that contains only the functionality of the ADO Recordset
object. This version of ADO is typically used only from script in a Web page
to minimize memory requirements."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon98/html/vbconhowtoreferenceadoinvisualbasic.asp
states:

"To gain access to the ADO 2.0 objects in Visual Basic, set a reference to
the appropriate ADO type library. There are two ADO type libraries. One is
called ADODB and is contained in MSADO15.DLL. It appears in the References
dialog box (available from the Project menu) as "Microsoft ActiveX Data
Objects 2.0 Library". The other is called ADOR and is contained in
MSADOR15.DLL. It appears in the References dialog as "Microsoft ActiveX Data
Objects Recordset 2.0 Library".

"The first type library (ADODB) is the larger and more feature-rich of the
two; it contains the main ADO objects and is the one you'll probably want to
use in most circumstances. The second is a "lightweight" subset of the ADODB
type library that supports only recordsets. You may choose to use that
library instead if you plan to manipulate only recordsets."

--

"GVaught" <glvaughtRemoveThis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That file name msador15.dll is actually the file name for MDAC 2.8 or at
> least on my Win 2K machine. When I opened Access and looked at the
reference
> list, my ADO 2.8 actually indicates that file name. I thought I was seeing
> things, so I looked at ADO 2.7 it actually indicated msado2.7 in the file
> name.
>

> --
> G Vaught
>

> "Brendan Reynolds" <brenreyn at indigo dot ie> wrote in message
> > Piggy-backing on Doug's post because I don't see the original ...
> >
> > msador15.dll is the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset library - a
> > cut-down version of ADODB intended for use in web applications. I've
never
> > heard of anyone using it in an Access application. If it is being used
at
> > all, it can probably be replaced with ADODB, and this would probably
solve
> > the problem because, unlike ADOR and ADOX, you can have multiple
versions
> > of
> > ADODB installed on one PC. Just leave the reference set to the latest
> > version that exists on both PCs.
> >
> > --
> > Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
> > http://brenreyn.blogspot.com
> >
> > The spammers and script-kiddies have succeeded in making it impossible
for
> > me to use a real e-mail address in public newsgroups. E-mail replies to
> > this post will be deleted without being read. Any e-mail claiming to be
> > from brenreyn at indigo dot ie that is not digitally signed by me with a
> > GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted
without
> > being read. Follow-up questions should in general be posted to the
> > newsgroup, but if you have a good reason to send me e-mail, you'll find
> > a useable e-mail address at the URL above.
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
> >> Have MDAC 2.7 been installed on the machine that's attempting to use
the
> >> database?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Chaplain Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Douglas

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Menu Change back to 2003
Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! Hi Bo, You can't. However, there are various Add-ins that people have produced to mimick the old toolbars. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2269CDD-43F0-4138-BB86-07E685A1AFA8@microsoft.com... > Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word > 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! As macropod suggests there are add-ins that mim...

Exchange 2003 Email forwarding by Schedule
Hi, I have been looking for some VB code example, without any luck, on forwarding Exchange 2003 email accounts to another email account within exchange using a script. I need to forward and unforward on a schedule. Can anyone direct me to some info that would help me acheive this. Regards Brent Might not be a good solution but: AD Attrib altRecipient is the forward to option. You can easily put a script in place that will modify this value to a single user and then schedule the script to change the forward to as required. Of course AD replication is required after the change and it ...

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Access

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Outlook Web Access #19

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...

Exchange 2003 deployment
I have set up to domains, x.com and y.x.com as child I have set up exchange server 2003 on x.com, i have not installed exchange server at y.x.com I have set up management tools to DC at y.x.com, when i create a user, my exchange servet at x.com i displayed but mailbox store is null. Do i have to setup exchange also to y.x.com in order to use exchange both at x.com and y.x.com The account that you are logged in with needs to have the correct permissions in the Exchange organization to see the mailbox stores, the minimum permissions needed would be View Only Admin. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange...