Access 2002 - Open - Security Message

Hi,

Upon opening an Access 2002 DB a security warning message is displayed.
Help suggests that setting the security setting for the entire machine to
"LOW" will solve this problem.  This is, of cause, not acceptable at most
client sites.

Is there another technique to suppress the security warning message?

Thank you,

Nick

0
Nick

Use that as a guide...

Hide the Unsafe Expressions security warning message in Access 2003
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011071331033.aspx

Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 (SP8) for Windows XP (KB829558)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2deddec4-350e-4cd0-a12a-d7f70a153156&DisplayLang=en

HTH

Rob

--
FMS Professional Solutions Group
http://www.fmsinc.com/consulting

Software Tools for .NET, SQL Server, Visual Basic & Access
http://www.fmsinc.com

FMS Advanced Systems Group
http://www.fmsasg.com/

"Nick Giordano" <nick@njginc.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Upon opening an Access 2002 DB a security warning message is displayed.
> Help suggests that setting the security setting for the entire machine to
> "LOW" will solve this problem.  This is, of cause, not acceptable at most
> client sites.
>
> Is there another technique to suppress the security warning message?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Nick

0
RobFMS

Where is Microsoft Publisher 2002?
Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP). Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased separately? If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it. Not all versions of Office are the same as other versions - just like the different editions vary. You need to read the box to make sure you are getting what you need - or to see what program are included. Pub 2002 had to be purchased separately because it wasn't included with any retail s...

Deleting a half sent message
Sorry, forgot to say that I have Outlook 2003:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

Not receiving messages correctly
I have a Microsoft Outlook XP client that is used to get mail from an Exchange 5.5 server that is not receiving meesages in a timely manner. If I send a message to the mailbox it takes an average of 20 minutes to get delivered. Doing a manual send/receive does not help. The message only comes through when I change the message that I am viewing in the preview screen by cycling through the messages with the arrow keys. The message that is sent can be seen when logging into webmail though. Has anyone heard of this before? All of the service packs and latest updates are installed, and they have...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Macro Security, Password Recovery & VB Code execution
I have found that if I set my macro security to high, VB code within (non-trusted) excel sheets do not execute... a microsoft security feature that ostensibly prevents non- trusted users from running VB The questions I have are : Is there a way to guarantee VB macro-execution using digital certificates or what-have-you ? Is there a way to detect, either within excel (well, not possible, it seems) or from outside, that the combo of users macro-security settings and signature status of a perticular excel file, WILL prevent VB from executing, if the file is attempted to opened ? ...

How to insert a URL with spaces into message body
Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a message body from a mailto hyperlink without using brackets? For example: <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com? body=<http://www.micro% 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into the message body. However, the brackets will be visable too. If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro' portion will be hyperlinked. The 'soft.com' portion wi...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Outlook Web Access HTTP 500 and HTTP 404 errors
hi, I am experiencing this problem on Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, when the users try to authenticate to Outlook Web Access, they get the following error messages in their browsers, "http 500 - internal server error" or "http error 404 - file or directory not found", the customer upgraded to windows/exchange 2003 6 months ago from windows/Exchange 2000 (in place upgrade), they only discovered the problem last week when they tried creating new users, i created 3 test users and the 3 users were getting the above errors. some already existing users have no prob...

Outlook 2002 #134
Outlook 2002 worked well on my XP pro machine - then MS sent us the new software pack and I installed Outlook 2003 - I can't remember why, but I couldn't make any sense of 2003, uninstalled it, re-installed 2002 and since then I can't do a 'send and recieve all' - I am reduced to doing a send and recieve on each account individually and have been for a few months. This also means i can't do an automatic send and recieve. When i do 'send and recieve all' i get the error message "operation failed". HELP! ...

Can't delet Inbox messages.
I can not delete anything in my inbox. I can send email and view my email but when I highlite the message I can not delete...not even with the keyboard delete key. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. More info, please - version and SP level of Outlook? Size of PST file? Ken wrote: > I can not delete anything in my inbox. I can send email > and view my email but when I highlite the message I can > not delete...not even with the keyboard delete key. Any > ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Message box when DOB meets certain criteria
Hi all, I am a relative novice to the ways of Access, I am currently setting up a database in Access 2003. I have a form field (DOB) that if the date of birth entered makes the person between 2 and 16 years old I would like a message box to appear notifying the user (and be able to turn it off). Similarly if an existing record is opened and a child has it's second birthday I would also like the message to appear.. .I have posted a similar request and have got thus far: Private Sub DOB_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If DateAdd("yyyy", 2, [DOB]) > Date Or Date...

telnet client in access form
Hello. I am trying to creat a form for work that involves connecting to a telnet server to automatically send and retreive specified data. I am new to VB and I am not sure why my code is not working... anybody help me out? Here is the code that seems to be generating the error: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) telnet.RemoteHost = "HOST" telnet.RemotePort = 23 End Sub (obviously i have replaced removed the host name since i am posting this) ...

Problems updating Access 2003 Database
We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send forms within the organization. We are seeing instances where the new records are not appending and believe it may be the query that is causing the issue. The INSERT query is: INSERT INTO table_headerdata ( wso_num ) SELECT Max([table_headerdata]![wso_num])+1 AS Expr1 FROM table_headerdata WHERE wso_num < 1000000; We would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:50:00 -0800, ehess00 <ehess00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send for...

The message just sits in the Outbox.
I've setup a shortcut that point to command: mailto: What this does is bring up the Send Message window, where I just type the text, pick the sender and the message is supposedly sent. However, there is one problem: the message is actually not sent, but just sits in the Outbox folder. How can I force the message to be actually sent? (Without having Outlook open all the time). Thanks Do you have Outlook setup to send e-mail immediately when sent? "Frank Rizzo" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:%23r2qOQA7GHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I've setup a...

Can I use the same driver in all versions of Access or Sqlserver
Hello,I have got a question,I wonder if i can use the same driver as Access2000 to get the data from all versions of Access database,my code connected to Access2000 is as follows: "m_pConnection->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource="+s.m_database,"","",adModeUnknown); Is this code available for other versions of Access? If not,can anyone tell me the correct code for Access2002.Access2003,Access97? my code connected to Sqlserver2000 is as follow: m_pConnection->Open(Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Password="+s.m_pass...

Disappearing messages
I have recently set up a new Exchange 2003 server at an organization I work for. I configured my mailbox on it, and copied over a large number of mail items from Personal Folders to my mailbox on the Exchange server with no problem. Then, I configured my boss's account. I copied over his last month or so worth of emails from his Personal Folders to his his Mailbox. (From April 9 through May 3). Now, he can only see messages from May 1 until today. I think this might be the result of a problem I had with the offline folder file (connection hung up and wouldn't synchronize, ...

Clearing "Find" History in OL 2002
I have used the "find" option to locate emails and now wish to clear them out and start fresh. There have gotten to be too many in my drop down list. How do I do this? ...