Access 2000 to Access 97 07-09-03

I have a small database in Access 2000 that consists only
of tables.  I am trying to convert it to Access 97.  Every
time i go to Tools, database utilities, convert database
to a prior Access databaswe version, I get "invalid field
data type".  What do I need to look for or do?
0
Deb

Hi Deb,

Probably you have used Number(Decimal) fields, which don't exist in
Access 97. Change them to Number(Double) or Currency and things should
work OK.

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:33:44 -0700, "Deb Koplen" <deb.koplen@verizon.com>
wrote:

>I have a small database in Access 2000 that consists only
>of tables.  I am trying to convert it to Access 97.  Every
>time i go to Tools, database utilities, convert database
>to a prior Access databaswe version, I get "invalid field
>data type".  What do I need to look for or do?

John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
0
John
7/10/2003 5:38:14 AM
"Deb Koplen" <deb.koplen@verizon.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> I have a small database in Access 2000 that consists only
> of tables.  I am trying to convert it to Access 97.  Every
> time i go to Tools, database utilities, convert database
> to a prior Access databaswe version, I get "invalid field
> data type".  What do I need to look for or do?

0
Carlos

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

Outlook 2000 doesn't close
I'm running outlook 2000 with SP1a on XP Home and when I close Outlook it doesn't really close, the window just goes away. I still get new e-mail notifications and it's still taking up precious memory. If I want it to close completely I have to clobber it in the task list or reboot... and that's ugly. I've heard that this is a "feature" for enterprise users but I'm not one and I like having COMPLETE control of my system. Does anyone know how to make outlook go away when I close it? Thanks ...

Exch 2000 freezes after recieving 8000 smtp mails
Hi, Environment Win2000 sp4 Xeon 1,8GHz, 2GB RAM Exchange 2000 Antigen 8.0 for Exchange Problem description. The server is very slow after receiving 8000 smtp mail in a short period of time. We use the exchange server to send bulk mail to our customers. About 25 % of the mail addresses are fake (nobody@hotmail.com). The bulk mails are generated from a unix-system. The exchange server receives the smtp-mails fast and with no errors. First the users complained about internal mail not working. Cpu about 0-5 % Disk activity not checked at this time The queues for Default smt...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Access Code Pushing Values
I have a customer database with [BillAddress] and [ShipAddress]. I am using a "yes/no" box titled[SameShipAddress?]. To automatically fill [ShipAddress] after checking the "yes/no" box I used this code in the after update event for the check box. If Me![SameShipAddress?] Then If IsNull(Me![BillAddress]) Then Else [ShipAddress] = [BillAddress] End If End If This works for the selected customer, but then pushes the entry [BillAddress] of the previous customer to [ShipAddress] of all of the following customers. Any thoughts? Sounds as...

publisher 97 #10
I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened and saved it in Publisher 2002 on a different computer(using server). Now I can't access it through 97. Is there a way to do this? Can't save as, as the files of type don't say 97. Maybe they were the same as Publisher 98 files. Worth a try. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0B451AE-ACF2-449B-8F11-4F0C16297A12@microsoft.com... > I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened > and saved it in P...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

access 2003
I have 8 pages i need to link together to save data what is the best way to link them? tlenney, We can't see your *pages* or your tables so asking what is the best way to link will not yield you answers without a wee bit more information. By *pages* do you mean tabs or forms? What are your tables and how are they related to each other? Why would you need to link the data in order to save it? Or are you linking to an outside data source and you are trying to save that data within the database? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been ...

Denied file access
When I attempt to open my money program, I get a message that says, There is a problem with your Windows security settings. I use Windows 98 and Money 2000. ...

Interop Assemblies for Outlook 2000
Hi I am aware that there are no Primary Interop Assemblies for Outlook 2000 but I would like to aim for the lowest common denominator for maximum compatibility. I can not use late binding as I am using With Events. I am also slightly tied from creating outlook 2000 assemblies myself as I am at Outlook 2007 and would find it difficult to find outlook 2000 on a pc with VS2005/2008 side by side. I would like to know if there are any standard enough Outlook 200 assemblies out there that can be used fairly reliably that I could use. Many Thanks Regards Due to how Outlook handles versio...

No Sound 03-26-10
Sorry for not crossposting - I have more problems than I can handle!!! While trying to uninstall Comodo, I had an error and the computer froze. I shut it off and it wouldn't boot - not even in Safe Mode. So I used ERUNT to fix the Registry from a command prompt. Unfortunately, the latest ERUNT file was corrupted - so I had to go back about a week. The computer then booted, but I found many changes in some of my data and settings. Also, I cannot get the sound to work. I again used ERUNT from Windows with the same backup I used from the command prompt. All indications on the ...

Identities 12-18-09
I get a message box when trying to open my Windows Mail. It states Dial up Connection, which service do you want to use, automatically connect, connect, settings, cancel. This occurred when I downloaded Internet Explore 8. I used to have a dial up connection in virginia, however I am high spped Internet here in Michigan. I can not send or receive emails now, and can't get rid of that box. Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. What does it show for connection? You should leave that setting unselected, in which case WM will use=20 whateve...

Check box question 04-23-07
I have a form with a check box used to indicate if a receipt is voided or not. What I'm trying to do is go to a new record after the checkbox is marked. I have the following code in place and it works. Kinda. The problem is that if I then go back and UNCHECK the check box, it sends me to a new record again. Here's the code: Private Sub Check43_AfterUpdate() If Ckeck43 = Yes Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Thanks for any help! End Sub The following works fine for me. If Me.Check3 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec so try If Ckeck43 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecor...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

Exchange 2000 problems
Since the HD failed I have been trying to put my domain backup. The PDC, W2k, had IIS and Exchange on it. I have reloaded W2k with SP's and installed Exchange 2000. None of my virtural stores Protocols are running and when I open the properties of each the "Start, Stop, Pause" choices are grayed out. The First Storage Group/Mailbox Store is also down. When I try to Mount it I get this error: "An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service or both." ID c1041724 Help...I'm...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

Access 97 conversion to 2000 and OpenRecordSet
We have a simple application developed in Acees 95 / upgraded to 97 and now we wish to move to 2000. the application 'almost' upgrades itself apart from a problem we are havinng with OpenRecordSet . The code is simple and I know (with hindsight) it can be much neater but when you do not spend a great deal of time and it works then leave alone. Code throws up Run Time eror 13 at the OpenRecordset command when run. Have read lots of docs but confused as to change this seems a major problem. Have checked DAO 3.6 to get round other problems and they seem to work. Help appreciated Pub...

CRM Callout error (ComException) 02-03-04
I followed the example of Microsoft on how to create a Callout COM interface (found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmPostCalloutsv1d2.asp). But I keep getting the same error. System.Runtime.InteropSevices.ComException: The file name is too long. I used very short names so I don't understand where this error would come from. Anybody got any idea's or encountered this in the past? Regards, RBakkers ...

Program trying to access Contacts
I did a clean install of WinXP and OfficeXP. I use Incredimail for Outlook and Spam Daemon for Outlook and have never had a problem with them. I also did an Office Update this morning. Now whenever I click "new" message, I got a window that says "a program is trying to access the contacts folder" and suggests it may be a virus and gives me an option to permit access but only for 1 to 5 minutes, as a select. What is causing this problem and how do I get rid of it? [I have Norton AV and Zonealarm installed, and they have never caused this problem.] Arthur Broadh...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

How to uninstall Outlook 2000 from Office 2000
I have installed MS Office on my PC but would now like to uninstall Outlook only from that installation . I know this can be done using the Installation CD but have forgotten just exactly how to go about it . Can anyone refresh my memory in this, please ? victory@iol.ie wrote: > I have installed MS Office on my PC but would now like to uninstall > Outlook only from that installation . > > I know this can be done using the Installation CD but have forgotten > just exactly how to go about it . > > Can anyone refresh my memory in this, please ? Add/R...

Outlook Web Access #34
I have a problem reading mails from Russia usig OWA ? (it is all a lot of ?????? and maybe numbers). If I use a normal Outlook client there are no problems ? I have triet different regional settings but no luck ? Try posting this in an Exchange news group as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lost asked: | I h...

Name AutoCorrect 09-26-03
I am running Access2000 and working on an existing database (I believe it was converted from FoxPro). I have turned on the Name AutoCorrect options (in Tools > Options > General), however, Name AutoCorrect does not work. I searched KnowlegeBase and found a report 230616 which explained that for a "converted database", I need to save each control that I plan to change, in order to generate the Name Map. I have done that, but Name AutoCorrect still does not work. Any help? Not 100% sure but... 1. Can you create a new .mdb, set the NameAutoCorrect, and import the objec...