Access 2.0 Converter 09-27-04

I have installed the converter for moving from Access 2.0
to Access 2003 running under Windows XP Professional.
However Access 2003 still tells me I need to convert the
database and does not recognise the converter has been
installed, so points me again to the Microsoft Website to
obtain the converter.

Any suggestions please.
0
Colin

Hi Colin,

My name is Amy Vargo.  Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups.

Are you sure that you ran the .exe file for the Access 2.0 Converter so
that it was installed?

To download the Access 2.0 Converter free of charge, visit the following
Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=91C944F8-F3AB-41E9-
902A-2255A66E1C4A

When prompted, you can choose to either open the file, which will run the
setup automatically, or save it to disk.  If you choose to save it, the
.exe file is saved in the location you save it to, however, it does not
automatically run to install the converter.  You must double-click the .exe
file that was downloaded to start setup to install the converter.

I hope this helps!  If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Amy Vargo
Microsoft Access Engineer

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

0
amyv

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

MS Office '04 swells my fontTablesAnnex
So this is bothering me enough to tell y'all. (This happens with 10.3.5 and 10.3.6) I have the entire Adobe Font Folio OTF Edition in my ~/Library/Fonts/. After months of working perfect with Adobe CS and MS Office X, my fontTablesAnnex file was around 6MB. All was well. The first time I launch any MS Office 2004 app the fontTableAnnex file skyrockets north of 200MB. Now I realize that Office needs to build it's own cache, but why can't it leave the system cache alone? Is it possible to change this behavior? Considering reverting to Office X Bill In article <1113350349.81619...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

EDC Verification #2
I have successfuly installed EDC on one of my POS stations; credit card tendering and settlement is successful. Upon installing EDC on another POS station using the identical information as the first, I get "Validation Error 326: EDC verification is not enabled in administrator." I have done this 3 times to no avail. Any sggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Tom Make sure you are logged into Windows as an Administrator when you make ANY changes in SO Administrator. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -------------...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Outlook Express(6.0) INBOX Problem
I have a problem with M.S Outlook Express where I appear to have ten messages permanantly stuck in my INBOX.No matter how many times I try to access them or do a send/receive they remain "stuck" in there.I think this may have something to do with my McAfee Internet suite(8.0) which I have just had to reinstall.I have tried disabling all elements of Mcafee in case one of these is inhibiting the "release of my O.E INBOX , but still no joy.Do I have to reinstall Outlook EXpress and if so will I lose all my e mails etc.I can in the mean time send and receive E mails as per normal a...

Access

1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back... XP Pro, SP3, what else would help the experts? Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.? Neil "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF3628FC-88EF-4C13-9629-72CF7A0E2E42@micro...

Code does not work after converting MDB to MDE
Hello all, I'm using the code described in KB article(see link below) to print a report on legal paper in landscape mode, however the code no longer works when I convert the database the Access 97 database from MDB to MDE. Any thoughts on how I get around this? Thanks, Rohit Thomas http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;302650&Product=acc97 Rohit, The code fails at the following statement: DoCmd.OpenReport strName, acDesign when run in an .mde, because by definition an .mde does not allow for objects like forms and reports to be opened in design view, like ...

access mail on WEB

Will CRM 3.0 support SFO under Citrix
CRM 1.2 does not support SFO under Citrix. Will this change for 3.0? Sincerely, Morten Pedersen Last I heard, it will, but only for online use. Of course, what happens between now and RTM is to be determined. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:48:04 -0700, "mortennp" <mortennp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CRM 1.2 does not support SFO under Citrix. Will this change for 3.0? Sincerely, Morten Pedersen ...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

SMTP server #2
I have a basic question on SMTP emails. If I point to a SMTP server that is different than my designated email host address, who actually sends out the emails, my designated email server or the one I pointed to? To help clarify we have our email and web hosted by a 3rd party Company "A", and my ISP is with Company "B", I have been having problems with duplicate emails being sent to several clients. So I pointed my outbout emails to a different SMTP server (Company B's smtp server) in an attempt to see if the problem goes away. So I am check to see if my...

LAYAWAY Question #2
what happened when a layaway expirate? Theres a possibilitie to activate a due layaway? Thxs. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0861_01C6F6F0.4B1EC710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Robert, Nothing happens!! Except it potentially ties up inventory as = Committed!! It's just one of those " We think it would be a good idea if we = added..." things not finished in the program. =20 --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other...

New to exchange #2
Hi, I have decided to start playing with exchange 2003. I have a network in the 192.168.1.0 subnet that has two servers in it both domain controllers and both running win2k server. I want to make some prevision for email to the users on the domain after I have upgraded both servers to 2003. I use a Linux firewall that also provides a DMZ . The DMZ is used to host a small web server and is on the 192.168.2.0 subnet, any request to port 80 is forwarded to the web servers IP address. What would be the best way to start playing with exchange ? Do I need a mail relay in the DMZ that push to t...

Excel Question 11-12-09
Can someone help a newB about how to copy a cell (which contains a count formula) to another worksheet. I need it to just copy the # so it can go into a worksheet that is totaling order #'s? 1) Copy the cell with the formula in it showing the value you want 2) Switch to the other sheet and select the target cell (do not press ENTER on it) 3) Click on EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Values That should paste in just the value of the formula, not the formula itself. Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA #2
HI I'm reposting it with new information. A client is running two exchange 2000 SP3 servers. One for mailboxes/outlook web access and 2nd sever dedicated for public folders. None of the servers is designated as front end server. Users can access mail through OWA using http://exchange.domain.com fine but when they tries to access public folders on the second server the browser points to http://server2.domain.com/public/foldername which is not accessible from outside. 2nd exchange server hosting pubic folders does have IIS installed and within LAN i can acess public folders on second se...

Sharepoint 3.0 Help
I installed Sharepoint 3.0 SP2 on my windows 2003 DC server Standard SP2 running SQL 2005 SP3 During the installation I slected AD and it supposely created an OU sharepointOU now I get errors when trying to setup sharepoint create collection site etc Type: Error Date: 12/6/2009 Time: 6:39:45 PM Event: 3360 Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Category: Topology User: N/A Computer: TGCS001 Description: The Active Directory organization unit SharePointOU registered in Windows SharePoint Services does not exist. I must of had an error during installation that did not ...

Outlook Web Access #19