Access 1.1 Data Base Migration to Access 2002

I have an older IBM Activa running Access 1.1 under Win
95, with a single 10 columns x 950 records table.  I also
have a new Dell running XP and XP Professional.  There is
no physical connection between the two PCs.

I am told by Microsoft Support that only Access 97
(release 8.0), and later, are suported by Access 2002.  I
really do not want to retype all that data for this wine
cellar inventory!  If I could get a copy of the Access 97
upgrade CD, I could upgrade the old 1.1 to 8.0, and then
migrate the file to Access 2002 on the Dell.  I would
then kill the old Access, return the CD, and donate my
old Aptiva.

Assuming the above would work. how would I go about
getting an Access 97 upgrade CD?  Also, does anyone know
of any utility programs I could use to perform this
simple migration?  Thanks.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:28:32 -0700, "R. Allen -California"
<PortolaVly@aol.com> wrote:

>I have an older IBM Activa running Access 1.1 under Win
>95, with a single 10 columns x 950 records table.  I also
>have a new Dell running XP and XP Professional.  There is
>no physical connection between the two PCs.
>
>I am told by Microsoft Support that only Access 97
>(release 8.0), and later, are suported by Access 2002.  I
>really do not want to retype all that data for this wine
>cellar inventory!  If I could get a copy of the Access 97
>upgrade CD, I could upgrade the old 1.1 to 8.0, and then
>migrate the file to Access 2002 on the Dell.  I would
>then kill the old Access, return the CD, and donate my
>old Aptiva.
>
>Assuming the above would work. how would I go about
>getting an Access 97 upgrade CD?  Also, does anyone know
>of any utility programs I could use to perform this
>simple migration?  Thanks.

There is no need for all of this. Copy your 1.1 MDB to the XP Machine.
Create a new MDB in Access XP. In the menu "File / Get External Data"
Select "Import", select the 1.1 MDB and import all objects. If this
should not succeed at once, import one object after the other. With
the tables you should have no problem at all, but most probably  you
will have to modify the code, if there is any.
Note that this is an "unsupported" way to upgrade your 1.1 database to
Access XP.

HTH
Matthias Kl�y
--
www.kcc.ch
0

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

RPC over HTTPS only + Encrypt data between Outlook and Exchange server Option
I need to clarify the difference between having only RPC over HTTPS setup and working fine.... and adding the option in outlook 2003 to Encrypt data between Outlook and Exchange server Option what i need to know is: 1) what is gained in adding this option? 2) without adding this option what is the security issue? ...

Replace/modify standard data form?
Hi, I want to replace the standard data form, which is used to maintain data sets in an excel table, by a user defined form (alternatively I would like to modify the standard form). Does anybody know if/how this is possible? Thanks, Axel Axel, Going to need more information I'm afraid. Can you explain further or send an example? -- Jon Quixley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3985...

ADO/SQL Server: datetime column appears to be "1901-1-1 00:00:00" after insertion
Hi. I'm using ADO connection and recordset to insert records from Table1 to table2. The database is SQL Server 2005 and the connection is established before the following the code snippet with "csvSQL". The code works without any error but the result is not what i want. The issue is that when aTIME1 is "" and is inserted to table2, TIME1 of Table2 becomes "1901-1-1 00:00:00". FYI, TIME1 is of type datetime and allow null. What i expect is when aTIME1 is "" and inserted to Table2, TIME1 should be null. Please help. Thanks. Set csvR...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Implementing a Label with certain data in Chart
Dear All ! I have a data set plotted in Excel. Is there any way to show automatically the minimum, maximum and median value of this data set on the chart? (In a form of label or anything similar) Minimum and maximum values are already part of data set. Median value is a calculated value and is in another cell(not part of data set). Thank You in advance I'd probably do this in a manner similar to what Jon Peltier shows here for the Vertical Category Axis. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html You could then create a custom format for each "Label" s...

1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back... XP Pro, SP3, what else would help the experts? Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.? Neil "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF3628FC-88EF-4C13-9629-72CF7A0E2E42@micro...

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Null Value
Has Excel ever fixed the problem of not being able to have a foruml result in a true "NULL" value (even though null is nothing). I went throgh this with Excel a few years ago and to make a very lon complicated story short, no one (techs, engineers, product development could solve the problem. Results like 0, "", "Null", etc. will no work for what I'm doing because it requires many tiers of calculations I'm buying the beer if anyone can help me with this on3e ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip....

Queue Data to another thread
Hi, I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so that Thread2 will process the queued data. What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? Thanks! Maanu wrote: > Hi, > > I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so > that Thread2 will process the queued data. > > What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? There is nothing built-in per se. But, a basic implementation will make use of the System.Collections.Generic.Queue<T> class, the Monitor class, and the "lo...

Accounting with Ms Access

Delete all data (formulas) below a desired row.
In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows. Is there a shortcut to clear a large unwanted area? In the name box (above row 1 left of column A), type in the the range you want to delete, assume you wanted 15 rows of formulas and want to delete row 16 row 65336, place cursor (mouse click) in the name box and type 16:65536 and press enter, then do edit>delete, press ctrl + home and save the workbook Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JMSimms" wrote: > In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows. Is there > a shortcut to clear a l...

BP3 Site Settings access